Longest lasting coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelui

Jul 24, 2015
Hello,

I'm getting very frustrated with the coils in my tank. I use an eLeaf Melo III, and my coils are burning up within 2 days to 2 weeks. I use the 0.3 ohm coils at 30W. About a year ago when I first started getting these coils, they lasted me a month. Now they last 2 weeks at best, but usually less than that even. Also, I use 70VG/30PG, or 80VG/20PG e liquid.

So, I'd like some advice on the best tanks and coils, and I'd like a tank that has coils that last at least 3-4 weeks. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you! ☆〜(ゝ。∂)♪

Maelui

Jul 24, 2015
If you are vaping sweet (dark) juices it will gunk your coils pretty quick. Less sweet (clearer) juices will extend coil life.

Yeah, I knew that already. Most of my liquids are very light in colour (almost no colour at all), and not über sweet. I'm also using the same brand of liquids that I used when I first starting using these coils a year ago, and I'd get a month of use out of each coil when I first started using them. I think they've started getting sloppy with making the melo coils, and now they burn up faster. Most of the time the metal coil inside is touching the metal screen that keeps hot e liquid from flying into your mouth. Well, I've read on other forums that when the metal coil inside is touching other metal that they can burn up faster. I don't know if that's true, or not, but I can say a year ago the metal coil inside the melo coils would rarely touch the metal screen inside. Maybe 1 out of every 15 coils would be crappily made, and it would burn up. Now it's like 1 out of every 3-4 coils burn up within a few days.

Maelui

Jul 24, 2015
I use the original uwell crown tank with the .5 SS coils. I get at least a month out of the coils. Great tank and coils, no leaks and great flavor. They also work in power or temperature mode.

Awesome, thanks! I have a sigelei mod box, so hopefully the uwell crown will work well with it. Do the uwell crown coils come in less than 0.5Ω? I'm used to vaping 0.3Ω, or 0.25Ω coils.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    For Kanger SSOCC coils (which I use in Toptanks and Subtanks), I can vape peppermint for a month on one coil. But for coffee (very dark) I am lucky to get a couple days. For strawberry (very sweet), maybe a week to 10 days.

Quality and consistency of coil heads is a very big problem across all manufacturers, unfortunately. This is why so many people suggest moving on to an RTA and build/wick your own coils. Kanger subtank/toptanks come with a very easy to build and coil coil deck if you think you might want to go that route. I don't think that eleaf make an RTA deck for the Melo 3. At least I didn't find any listings for one on on vapespider.

Reactions: CagedSpam

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Awesome, thanks! I have a sigelei mod box, so hopefully the uwell crown will work well with it. Do the uwell crown coils come in less than 0.5Ω? I'm used to vaping 0.3Ω, or 0.25Ω coils.
    Yes the come in .25 ss coils also and I think there is a NI200 option also but I'm not sure, maybe .15 ohms. Also there is a 1.2 kanthal coil but that's going the wrong way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread