Long time kangar vape guy needs a new device

metafizik

Apr 13, 2014
Wilson, NC
I popped in a month or so ago after a several years absence inquiring about a new device. Wife broke my last Kanger mini-c tank so I absolutely need a new device now.
Fortunately I found an old dinosaur device and a few coils to tide me over until I can get the latest, greatest (dino sorta sucks but it will satisfy my nicotine habit until I find something else). Even though I have a few dozen Kanger coils (OCC I think) I'm ready to move on. At this point I have no preference on manufacturer. I just want a good device that is easily supported.

I'm don't need extremely high wattage. I've always done well around 8.5 or so. I've been totally our of the scene for a few years so I have no idea what to get. I do like the way my Kangar device hit so I'd like something similar.

What are you med to low wattage folks using these days?

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

~metafizik

Last edited:

metafizik

Apr 13, 2014
Wilson, NC
Innokin's Cool Fire Z80 might be a perfect choice to go with either of those tanks.
Thank you. I just read about the Innokin Cool Fire Z80. Unfortunately none of my old tanks will work since I no longer have any intact glass. I recall Innokin being a popular mod from long ago. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and ordering one of those. I don't have time to dither on this as the old dino device barely gets the job done. I over paid for dino about 10 years ago. It was my first mod. I think it's a VaporFi--best thing about it is you could use it as a weapon :cool:.

Does anyone know if it's possible to find a device that can use the coils in the photo -- Kangertech SSOCC 1.5 ohm? I have 40 of them...sorry for the pic quality. Though I'd love to be able to use them I'll send them to someone that can for the price of postage.

Attachments

• kanger-ssocc-1.5ohm.jpg
    kanger-ssocc-1.5ohm.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you. I just read about the Innokin Cool Fire Z80. Unfortunately none of my old tanks will work since I no longer have any intact glass. I recall Innokin being a popular mod from long ago. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and ordering one of those. I don't have time to dither on this as the old dino device barely gets the job done. I over paid for dino about 10 years ago. It was my first mod. I think it's a VaporFi--best thing about it is you could use it as a weapon :cool:.

Does anyone know if it's possible to find a device that can use the coils in the photo -- Kangertech SSOCC 1.5 ohm? I have 40 of them...sorry for the pic quality. Though I'd love to be able to use them I'll send them to someone that can for the price of postage.

You could always pickup a tank or two, then use them with pretty much any mod. Unless I'm mistaken, these would be compatible with those coils. I'm not a Kanger expert though, just to be up front about that.

Reactions: metafizik

metafizik

Apr 13, 2014
Wilson, NC
Last post on this thread. I might have misspoke on the specific Kanger device I've been using for years. It a Kanger K Box Mini-C (see photo.) My best case scenario would be if I could find a new tank for it give I have 40 coils that work with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• kangertech-kbox-mini-c.jpg
    kangertech-kbox-mini-c.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Last post on this thread. I might have misspoke on the specific Kanger device I've been using for years. It a Kanger K Box Mini-C (see photo.) My best case scenario would be if I could find a new tank for it give I have 40 coils that work with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that tank I linked for you will use those coils. Look down because they list all the compatible coils for it.

metafizik

Apr 13, 2014
Wilson, NC
You could always pickup a tank or two, then use them with pretty much any mod. Unless I'm mistaken, these would be compatible with those coils. I'm not a Kanger expert though, just to be up front about that.

Thank you. That would be the ideal scenario. Unfortunately I have not been able to find one that will work. At least using search criteria I used to use to find one doesn't seem to work. I get hit but they are always out of stock. See my previous post for the exact device.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you. That would be the ideal scenario. Unfortunately I have not been able to find one that will work. At least using search criteria I used to use to find one doesn't seem to work. I get hit but they are always out of stock. See my previous post for the exact device.

That tank shows these coils (listed below). I've also attached the PDF manual because that might help too.

1686353438019.png

Attachments

• Kangertech-Toptank-Mini-User-Manual_3219c6ab-4a65-4fb3-84d4-80a09e204436.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

metafizik

Apr 13, 2014
Wilson, NC

Hmmm...Actually I think that will work with another older Kanger device I have. There is a big difference in the way the tank attaches on the 2 devices I have. The last one I've been using that just got broken the coil screws into the body of the mod and the tank sort of snaps over the coil. On an even older Kanger device I have the tank screws into the mode like the one you linked. I think I will order that. Thank you very much.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hmmm...Actually I think that will work with another older Kanger device I have. There is a big difference in the way the tank attaches on the 2 devices I have. The last one I've been using that just got broken the coil screws into the body of the mod and the tank sort of snaps over the coil. On an even older Kanger device I have the tank screws into the mode like the one you linked. I think I will order that. Thank you very much.

My pleasure and I hope it helps. :)

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just so you or anyone else knows for the future, the SSOCC Kanger coil you pictured were a redesign of the square OCC coils from the Subtank days. So the SSOCC coils fit:

- Kanger Subtank line of tanks
    - Toptank (the topfill version of the Subtank)
    - Protank 4
    - Aerotank Plus
    - Mini-C

Might fit other Kanger tanks but these are all I know of.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Users who are viewing this thread