• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Location for a Meetup?

Where should we meet?

• Houston

• Austin

• Dallas

• Fort Worth

• San Antonio

• Corpus Christi

• Elsewhere - Please post your Idea!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
Is this poll dead, decided or what? Is anyone still interested in a meet-up?

I think we were going to give it a little bit longer. Maybe we should plan for a summer get-together? Waco or the DFW area seem to be popular choices. I don't have much experience with either location, so does anybody have any suggestions for a specific place? Do people want to get together at a pub for a few hours? Does anybody own property that could host a party?

And that's not to say that we can't have smaller, local meetups as well.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Joe T's is nice and large with plenty of seating outside. There are only two things on the menu, a family style enchilada dinner and fajitas.

J Giligan's is not as nice but very large and serve standard bar food. Local radio stations do a lot of visits there because of the size.

There are a lot of parks we could meet-up at as well maybe that should be a consideration? Something like City of Arlington, Texas - Parks & Recreation - Trails - Veterans Park
There is a large pavilion where we could meet.

There is also Cameron Park in Waco.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Looks like DFW area combined has the most in the poll. next Austin, then Houston.
Texas is so big, I doubt some of us will be able to travel to wherever a meetup is decided. This has been mentioned before, how about meetups in several locations. For those who can't make it to one, can make it to another that is closer. Say DFW area, Austin area and Houston area. Three locations that seem to cover the majority.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I was thinking we could have local chapters and those chapters could set up monthly meetings if they want to. I think someone else mentioned that early on. It would be a great way for us to get to know our closer neighbors. Then we could have one big meeting annually. We probably do need to decide quickly on an annual meet up because we'll need time to plan and give everyone ample time to make travel arrangements.

Wherever we have the meeting we might consider an area with other things to do besides our meet up encouraging more people to attend. I'm thinking of those who are in for a long drive and considering lodging. Geographically, Waco is probably the most central point on the map for the majority of members. But... What really is there to do in Waco besides the meeting?

I'm also not sure that having the annual meeting where the most people are located is the fairest thing to do for everyone. Shouldn't we consider the driving distance of all members collectively? That's why the map is being used, right? But then again if it's too far for the larger number of people, say DFW, then less people would show up overall. Honestly, I just don't know, lol. You guys decide and let me know.

Man! I think this might be the most indecisive post I've ever written. :confused:

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I think local meet-ups are the best option at this point. It will give people a chance to meet other vape heads close to them and that is the point more than anything else. It might also give people enough time to become comfortable enough to carpool and such for when we do a Texas meet-up. At that point the cemented relationships locally might encourage more attendance to a larger meet-up.

i voted Austin, but frankly i like the winberley idea.. plus i got 3 places to stay up there:D but yes, like nicfits said wimberley is a beautiful town with lots to offer, but then again if you have never been you wont understand, so i guess i'm biased:)
Firdaddy, you got my attention - I voted Austin, too, but if we really meet might as well make it something special, and I can't think of a more special place than Wimberly. Anywhere we go is going to be a LONG

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
There are plenty of places to meet in DFW. There is a large bar in Arlington called J Gilligans or there is always the Stockyards in Fort Worth, something like Joe T Garcias or something.

Joe T's: Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
J Gilligan's: J. Gilligan's Bar and Grill Home Page

Lika or JW or any other DFW vape heads, you got any suggestions?

The White Elephant Saloon would be a riot.:) ...and then eat at Joe Ts. Awesome stuff!

...or vice versa, hehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread