• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Local Vape Shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maine doesn't have much for vape shops, and no lounges or anything like that, that I'm aware of. We also don't have any clubs or meetings that I'm aware of either, although I just started a vaping club yesterday, and plan to do some meets once I can recruit some people.

Anyways, to answer your question, there is a smoke shop in Portland called northern lights. many stores are starting to sell e batteries, starter kits, and cartomizers, but they usually have a dull selections, but Northern Lights is the only place I know of that actually sells liquid in my area. They don't have a large selection at this time. I know one of the managers personally, and I talked to him about getting more stuff and better stuff. He told me that they don't sell enough for him to increase their inventory on e cig stuff, which will hopefully change.

Also, their is an actual supplier somewhere around, called The Maine Vape. I just discovered them yesterday. their website has a shop and also has info on how to contact them and request a meeting, in which they will answer questions, and basically help you learn more about vaping, which I thought was awesome, but they don't have an address listed on the site, you have to call or email them. I contacted the owner yesterday to get more information and to talk about my goals for a Maine vapers club and for meets in Maine, and he loves the idea. He is very interested in what I had to say, and he gave me his cell, and I am going to call him later in the day. I will stop back by and share the info I receive :).

Also, anyone interested in a vape club, and meets, check out Maine State Vapors for more info, which also includes a Facebook page

linkagge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Maine
My wife and I (She doesn't vape) have been tossing around the idea of trying to open up a Vape shop/ lounge in Biddeford.
We had some pretty cool ideas like a DIY Station to make your own liquid or follow some recipes, get some pre-made liquids for stock, and sell some devices, cartos, tanks, atty's etc.. Have popcorn, couches, TV's maybe a pool table.. Try and make it more than just a shop but a place people would want to come and hang out, have events etc...

I've been vaping for over 3 years and have quite the collection going and I'm always trying to talk smokers into switching LOL..

I'm just worried that if we did open a shop there wouldn't be enough business to keep it going, that's what has held us back more than anything.. What are yall's thoughts?

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Glad to know I'm not the only vaper in Maine! There is a shop in Bangor supposedly... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maine-Tobacco-Shop-Vaping-supplies/161187553900025

The local Maine Smoke Shop here my haunt, Waterville, just started carrying some simple kits and juice. I bought one while I was waiting for my Kanger Evod kit to be delivered. The juice is made in China and I've only tried the Strawberry and Menthol. The strawberry is kinda ok but the menthol is cough medicine flavor and just as strong, I won't get it again. The kit was called I-Vapor X and it looks and feels like a typical ego and Ce4 setup but the threads to attach the two are way more course than a standard ego. If you advise anyone to try vaping, stear them away from this trap! I regret wasting the $22.00 on it.

So... I totally agree we need more shops in Maine. I make it a point to vape in public just so I can answer those "what the hell is that??" questions. I was inspired to try vaping from a friend so I'm hoping to maybe inspire some others! I feel so much better since quitting my 12 year pack-a-day habit six weeks ago. I think any shops here will have to either already be established like Northern Lights or sell regular smokes to bring the business in... unfortunately.

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
FYI. Downeast Vapes, located in Lewiston , makes their own line of pretty decent juices. They don't have a B&M shop yet, but tell me that they will soon. Internet sales only for now, but really quick shipping, good prices. And, Made in Maine. How cool is that? I ordered 2 30ml bottles on Saturday, and received the order Monday. With a free 5ml sample bottle. These guys may become my primary juice supplier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
FYI. Downeast Vapes, located in Lewiston , makes their own line of pretty decent juices. They don't have a B&M shop yet, but tell me that they will soon. Internet sales only for now, but really quick shipping, good prices. And, Made in Maine. How cool is that? I ordered 2 30ml bottles on Saturday, and received the order Monday. With a free 5ml sample bottle. These guys may become my primary juice supplier.

Nice! What flavors did you try? I'd be really interested in ordering some!

The link I posted above to the shop in Bangor says they make their own juice too (Kick ... Vapors) plus carry "Velvet Vapors" juice line. Anyone here try their stuff? I'm about 45 minutes from Bangor so I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a road trip!

I have actually contacted the owner of downeast vapes on Facebook, and you can email them to set up an appointment if you know what you would like them to bring. they are located out of Lewiston.

also, The Maine Vapes is located out of Lewiston as well, although they are the same deal, they have no B&M store, but he gets most of his business by setting up appointments by phone. I have spoken with the owner of The Maine Vapes on the phone, and he seems like a really cool guy, and he has a good variety of equipment.

If anyone sets up an appointment with either of these guys, please let them know that Chris from The Maine Vaping Club sent you, and if you are interested in joining a club dedicated to vape meets and helping shape Maine into a better place for vapers, the links are in my signature :).

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
I ordered three 10ml bottles of juice from Downeast Vapes! Blueberry, Blue Mountain Tobacco and Honey Tobacco and I can't wait to try them. I'll post what I think of each when I get them....

I've ordered and tried Cavendish and Apple Pie from Downeast, and they are both good, and I will be ordering more when I run out. The thing to remember about their juice is that the ship it very fresh, with a "born on date" on the bottles. You will want to wait until they are at least two weeks old for best flavor, and shake the hell out of the bottles every couple of days. When I first tried the Cavendish, I almost dumped it down the sink. I tried it again yesterday, two and a half weeks past the born on date, and it's like a completely different juice.

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
Okay, the steeping time is over. This weekend, I tried the two 30ml bottles, and my response of positive. The Cavandish and Old Fashioned Apple Pie are very good. They good without being overwhelming, and seems to hold up to 4volts really well. I will be ordering both of these again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread