Status
Not open for further replies.

dmazyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
TX
There is also Ion Vapor on 183 and Mc-Neil in the big lots parking lot. They have only been a B&M about 6 months but the prices are really good. For example you can get a pro tank 2 for around $24 after tax which brings it close to online with shipping. The mod prices are a little higher than online but I don't buy mod local anyway.

The owner is really nice he has seen some of my online purchases and went and got stock in store. He is not afraid to pick up new items in limited supply to test the market for them. They also stock rba with supplies so if your in a pinch you can get some mesh and wire.

They make liquid as well which pretty good at least the ones I have tried. They have a good amount of flavors and will custom make flavors upon request. The price for a 30ML is around $12 and 10 ML is around 6 + tax. I can get a 30Ml and 10 ML bottle for under 20 bucks not too bad.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Does anyone know of any local e-cig shops in the Austin area? Just curious. I would love being able to purchase without shipping "wait" time.

-not to sound stupid but do shops like these exist either?

Absolutely. How 'bout Round Rock?

All About Vapor

If you're up in Temple, that's actually closer than Austin itself (though I see they've opened a second location down on Airport which is closer to me actually).

Also, Value Vapor.

Now, they're mail order only but get orders out the door so fast, I pay for First Class and get my stuff next day.

That big USPS sorting center near ABIA is where a lot of our area mail moves through so since VV gets orders out quick, there's not much wait. Even at first class prices.

There are others but those are my two favorites. All About is good if I need to go in for some reason or other though I don't often (I list Austin as my location but I'm out a ways actually... kind of "hang a left at the second cow pasture" kind of area... close to the city but not too close :) ). VV is so peppy on shipping, save a ton on gas since driving into the city is... well, Austin... traffic... you know.

(Edit: just noticed this is a revived thread and I'm replying to a post from 2010? Oh well, still, anybody looking around Austin, those are my two faves. :) )

Last edited:

Notorious2again

Moved On
Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
Absolutely. How 'bout Round Rock?

All About Vapor

If you're up in Temple, that's actually closer than Austin itself (though I see they've opened a second location down on Airport which is closer to me actually).

Also, Value Vapor.

Now, they're mail order only but get orders out the door so fast, I pay for First Class and get my stuff next day.

That big USPS sorting center near ABIA is where a lot of our area mail moves through so since VV gets orders out quick, there's not much wait. Even at first class prices.

There are others but those are my two favorites. All About is good if I need to go in for some reason or other though I don't often (I list Austin as my location but I'm out a ways actually... kind of "hang a left at the second cow pasture" kind of area... close to the city but not too close :) ). VV is so peppy on shipping, save a ton on gas since driving into the city is... well, Austin... traffic... you know.

(Edit: just noticed this is a revived thread and I'm replying to a post from 2010? Oh well, still, anybody looking around Austin, those are my two faves. :) )

All About Vapor is the best. I have only frequented their Round Rock location, but they opened a place on Airport just west of I35 last weekend.

Where are you at mkbilbo? I'm in Hutto.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
All about Vapor is pretty good. These are also two spots in Cedar Park, Vaperz and Fresh Vapor Solutions.

Create A Cig I went to once and never went back. Went to grab some Twists for my wife, did not pay attention, they were knockoffs.

Seem to recall too they had Vamo's on their website for 99 bucks. This was several months back, perhaps things have changed.

There is a new vapor store that opened up in the Lakeline Mall in Cedar Park. Their e-liquids are not as cheap as the ones I've gotten at ion Vapor, but the quality was better. The juice I've gotten at other stores in Austin lost it's flavor quick, haven't noticed that problem with these yet. Also liked that their juice had a neddle tip on the bottle it comes in, which means I didn't have to pay extra for that, so that's worth it in my book.

Notorious2again

Moved On
Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
All about Vapor is pretty good. These are also two spots in Cedar Park, Vaperz and Fresh Vapor Solutions.

Create A Cig I went to once and never went back. Went to grab some Twists for my wife, did not pay attention, they were knockoffs.

Seem to recall too they had Vamo's on their website for 99 bucks. This was several months back, perhaps things have changed.

I went to Create A Cig on Monday with my wife, on a whim. We both had a the day off, and a lot of her coworkers shop there. I figured we should check it out.

Grossly overpriced! $14 for a Kanger MT3? $7 for a cheap drip tip? $6.95 for 10ml of juice? Ridiculous. Their flavors were all fairly mediocre, too. Everything had an unpleasant aftertaste, and the one bottle we did buy oxidized very quickly and now tastes like crap (Cali Fruit).

I'll never go back.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
There is a new vapor store that opened up in the Lakeline Mall in Cedar Park. Their e-liquids are not as cheap as the ones I've gotten at ion Vapor, but the quality was better. The juice I've gotten at other stores in Austin lost it's flavor quick, haven't noticed that problem with these yet. Also liked that their juice had a neddle tip on the bottle it comes in, which means I didn't have to pay extra for that, so that's worth it in my book.

Hmm in the mall you say? Like one of the booths or an actual store?

Hi, I'm quite new to all this, and learning a lot of new things. I am getting a bit of a sore throat and I am interested in checking out 100% VG or very high VG juices (I don't know if this will help, but I want to experiment to find out.) Is there anywhere in Austin that sells high% VG juices? I've been asking around, but I may need to order online. (And I guess, any online suggestions for VG?) Thanks.

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
Thus far https://www.allaboutvapor.com is definitely the winner in Austin, their juice is good and their prices decent.

I tried Creat-a-cig and really wanted to like them since they are much loser to my home but everything ends up with that nasty taste from the Ever-clear they use for a cleaner. Plus I'm not sure what they are using in their juice it always comes out harsh. Their equipment is overpriced and mostly smoktec (sp) junk that just falls apart. After the second batch of cartos that the batting game out of on the first day of use I had had it, heard about all about vape checked them out.

All about Vape actually handles good name brand gear, Boge carto's, Kanger tanks etc. Their prices may be slightly higher than online but not by that much and I like being able to get juice without having to wait on shipping.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I went into The Refined Vapor in RR today to try out some of their juices. I was the only customer in the store. Most of the staff was hanging out in their little lobby area just goofing off. One girl came to the counter to help me, but she had almost no knowledge of their juices. When I would ask her a question, she would have to get one of the employees attention who was hanging out in the lobby to answer it.
It was a very uncomfortable situation as a customer. It made me feel like I was interrupting their private party. I will NOT be back.

I tried Creat-a-cig and really wanted to like them since they are much loser to my home but everything ends up with that nasty taste from the Ever-clear they use for a cleaner. Plus I'm not sure what they are using in their juice it always comes out harsh. Their equipment is overpriced and mostly smoktec (sp) junk that just falls apart. After the second batch of cartos that the batting game out of on the first day of use I had had it, heard about all about vape checked them out.

All about Vape actually handles good name brand gear, Boge carto's, Kanger tanks etc. Their prices may be slightly higher than online but not by that much and I like being able to get juice without having to wait on shipping.
Hey there, I'm the manager at the Create A Cig on Oltorf. We are all run independently but we operate under the same umbrella.

We just switched over to 70VG/30PG base mix due to the demand for a smoother vape experience, but we always mix custom proportions on request. The alcohol used for cleaning is ONLY for tester atomizers; we never add alcohol to our juices. If you ever get a bad juice, bring it back and exchange it for something you like! We have a 7 day flavor guarantee on juice so there is no reason to be stuck with a bad flavor.

Always looking for new ideas to make our store better! Please contact me if you have any suggestions or questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread