Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I've been thinking about a REO for awhile and now more serious about getting one for my upcoming 1 yr quit; however, pretty confused on all the different types. I went to the website and when I click on the tabs at the top for better descriptions, the site gives me error codes.

So I think what I want (wow, that sounded dumb) is the VV Woodville. I know it's out of stock, but I can wait.

So my questions are: there are only 2 that I can tell that have VV-the Woodville and Grand, correct?

Even with the VV, it's still an unregulated mod, correct?

i saw a sub ohm kit that can be purchased on a video, does the VV Woodville already have this equipped?

i have more questions but don't want to be overly pesty and will keep trying to find my answers in the search. Which never seems to work for me :facepalm:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
No more VV Metal Grands. No more VV Woodvils. Every once in a blue moon, one will pop up in the classifieds or eBay.

The Woodvils are a once in awhile production thing. He announces that they are coming, and during the next 4-5 months we get to drool at pics and updates of them being meticulously made. A sale night is announced, and they are gone in 30 minutes of going live on the site of said sale night. 'Tis tradition with Woodvils.

A Metal Grand or Mini both in Standard/LP versions are readily available in a variety of colors. SL and SL/LP are also available, but in Grand size only. If there isn't a color/combo you're after, a PM to Rob will get you it.

All new metal Reo's have the updated contacts. You can use a Kick in a metal Reos as well with one minor sandpaper tweak inside the Reo. A Kick ready 18650 Reo is said to be in the works as well, but there is no clear timetable for that offering.

Cheers

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Angi - he's not making VV any longer. The only way to get one would be off the classified, and a wood one would be very rare to find.

Why a VV? Perhaps we can answer why a non VV is great choice as well?

Ok thanks. DANG IT! I swore I saw on his web page VVs??? I wanted a VV because I like different juices at different VVs and I change up juice A LOT. Basically I thought this was my "answer to my prayers" of dripping but not having to drip.

I was planning on getting the byLeo Spiral Dripper and a ton of the juice bottle things that come with the REO.

Why don't they make the VV anymore?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
AngiBe, hi! Congrats on the up-coming 1-year Vapiversary! Here's the rundown on the REOs.....will save you a little digging. Rob no longer makes VV mods -- Woodvil or Grands. Not available at all unless you happen to find one in the Classifieds. The other Woodvils are not available, either, unless you find one in the Classifieds. He makes those up in big batches, puts them on the site all at once, announces the time and date of the sale, and they're usually gone in a matter of hours.

BUT....you won't need a VV in the REOS. The regular REOs are all-mechanical, already equipped with the upgrade, and awesome, hard-hitting PVs. Here's what is available without having to buy used in the Classifieds:

REO Grand - 6 ml capacity and 18650 battery. You can use standard 510/306 attys & cartos, and some bottom-fed rebuildable attys. He sells a couple of RBA attys on the site that fit it.

LP REO Grand - same as above, only the drip cup has been milled down (LP = Low Profile) so that other rebuildable, bottom-fed attys will fit on it.

SL REO Grand refers to the ones that are lighter (SL = Super Light) because some of the aluminum has been removed. (They have slots drilled out to get rid of some of the weight.)

REO Mini 2.1 - has 3 ml capacity, and uses 18490 batteries. Smaller but just as awesome as the Grand.

So, really you just need to decide between a Grand or a Mini 2.1 based on how much juice you go through in a day, and how long you need a battery to last, and what size of REO you're comfortable with. Then consider whether you need both or neither of the LP/SL modifications.

Hope this helps a little. Feel free to ask any questions. The REO Grand is about the size of a regular business card, and the Mini is smaller than that. I'm a woman with average to small hands, and the Grand is perfect for me. I love the 6 ml capacity and the long-life battery. But I love my Mini 2.1 also. It has a special pocket in my purse and I'm never without it.

Jan

EDIT: I see while I was writing my book others have been very concise. Ha.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok thanks. Looks like I need to read further/educate myself more. I do have a couple RDAs and still use them on a VV regulated mod (ProVari). I like that in the morning if I want to tone down a taste, I can turn the volts down do but then the same flavor I can kick it up at night.

I can't do this with a REO? The only thing that can be done is changing the ohms/coil builds but that's about it right?

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
AngiBe, hi! Congrats on the up-coming 1-year Vapiversary! Here's the rundown on the REOs.....will save you a little digging. Rob no longer makes VV mods -- Woodvil or Grands. Not available at all unless you happen to find one in the Classifieds. The other Woodvils are not available, either, unless you find one in the Classifieds. He makes those up in big batches, puts them on the site all at once, announces the time and date of the sale, and they're usually gone in a matter of hours.

BUT....you won't need a VV in the REOS. The regular REOs are all-mechanical, already equipped with the upgrade, and awesome, hard-hitting PVs. Here's what is available without having to buy used in the Classifieds:

REO Grand - 6 ml capacity and 18650 battery. You can use standard 510/306 attys & cartos, and some bottom-fed rebuildable attys. He sells a couple of RBA attys on the site that fit it.

LP REO Grand - same as above, only the drip cup has been milled down (LP = Low Profile) so that other rebuildable, bottom-fed attys will fit on it.

SL REO Grand refers to the ones that are lighter (SL = Super Light) because some of the aluminum has been removed. (They have slots drilled out to get rid of some of the weight.)

REO Mini 2.1 - has 3 ml capacity, and used 18490 batteries. Smaller but just as awesome as the Grand.

So, really you just need to decide between a Grand or a Mini 2.1 based on how much juice you go through in a day, and how long you need a battery to last, and what size of REO you're comfortable with. Then consider whether you need both or neither of the LP/SL modifications.

Hope this helps a little. Feel free to ask any questions. The REO Grand is about the size of a regular business card, and the Mini is smaller than that. I'm a woman with average to small hands, and the Grand is perfect for me. I love the 6 ml capacity and the long-life battery. But I love my Mini 2.1 also. It has a special pocket in my purse and I'm never without it.

Jan

EDIT: I see while I was writing my book others have been very concise. Ha.

Thanks for the info! I saw on a vid a sub ohm kit...do all of these need that to sub ohm?

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
The Spiral can be used on the REO. I need to check if a certain "model" REO was suggested.

If the atomizer's diameter is larger than a little under 15mm
You will need an LP(Low Profile) REO
I just measured my REO Grand yesterday with a new digital caliper
The catch cup diameter is exactly 15mm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread