LIQUA... Have we found a loophole ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
Hi there my fellow Vapers,

It makes me very angry that the powers that be are trying to give us a hard time and put obstacles in the path of the vaper.

They give these excuses about nicotine, addiction, bla bla bla, (but smoking is perfectly legal and far worse)

Possible scenario ... The government is loosing millions in tax every day thanks to vaping,
The tobacco industry is furious because vaping works and is cheaper so they too loosing millions every day.

Tobacco industry brainwashes the government, and so the government do everything they can to find fault with e juice.

So they say that the nicotine comes from tobacco and should therefore be banned or taxed and treated like a cigarette...

And along came Liqua :2cool:

Let's look at Liqua's statement:

LIQUA ingredients (Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerol, Flavors and Nicotine) withstand the highest standards of production set by United States Pharmacopeia. All liquid pass thorough SGS reports. Purest Nicotine has no tobacco components inside and is protected from any oxidation during manufacturing.

LIQUA eLiquid - LIQUA eLiquid - Electronic cigarette -Ireland (Powered by CubeCart)
Please check above link for their flavors.

Now Liqua has to be my favorite brand for fruity juices I would consider their Grape or Cherry flavors my 'Go to' juice
I could use it daily and it's amazing.
The cigar flavor I find too strong and leaves my lungs feeling heavy after and the normal tobacco flavor ... Ive had better.
but the point is, we have here a liquid free of tobacco .... what can the man say about it now ???:evil:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hm, I don't know. It says it has no tobacco components, but nicotine is a tobacco component isn't it? And their nicotine is (I'm assuming) coming from tobacco originally.

What we need to do is genetically engineer some tomatoes or something to produce lots of nicotine (tomacco a la The Simpsons), then we could really say it's unrelated to tobacco. :D I'll get right down to my lab and get to work on that. LOL.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
All plants in the nightshade family of plants contain nicotine. In theory you can extract pure nicotine from any of them (however it would probably be very expensive to extract from tomatoes, eggplants, etc.).

Yes, I know. That's why I said we'd have to genetically engineer them. Then it would be a lot cheaper (aside from all the research and development costs, of course).

Note: I'm just being silly, in case that wasn't obvious.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Some manufacturers state they have no tobacco components, but still use nicotine from tobacco. Some state they use synthetic nicotine, but on investigation this has proved incorrect (it's very expensive, only has 50% of the effect of organic nicotine, and there is no research on its use by humans - all of which mean it is unlikely to be used and possibly unwise). In general, marketing claims need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Moving to General Discussion.

[edit]
It's worth pointing out that if a manufacturer did use synthetic nicotine - and there is nothing to prevent them doing this - they would need to double the quantity in order for it to actually work. So, where you might normally use 36mg liquid for example, you would need to use 72mg liquid, otherwise it would feel like 18mg. It has half the effect of nicotine from tobacco. But it's probably unwise to use it at present, as the implications are untested in humans. In effect you would be supplying an entirely new consumer drug. It seems unlikely to me that a retailer would risk that. BT and BP have almost certainly tested this material but have not published any results. They don't use it in anything, AFAIK.

Last edited:

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
This is not legislative news.

This is a relevant thread to the subject as it is one of the main concerns RE: Legislation.

I posted this up here for those interested in alternatives in regards to regulated and inspected e liquid, not for those who like to feel self important by pointing things out.
It's unnecessary and makes you look extremely arrogant.

I do not work for Liqua, nor do I get any commission from them, my avatar is a Liqua bottle because their grape flavor is my personal favorite and I highly recommend it for those to try.

The purpose of this thread was to show to the fellow vapers out there that there is a liquid available that is regulated and does not contain tobacco which I believe is the whole point of the 'Legislative' topic as measures are being taken to combat those who are trying to put an end to vaping, you might not see it as legislative news but the way I see it, in regards to legislation...this is Awesome news!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
and to the conspiracy theorists out there over analyzing this thread, I am going to change my avatar so that you don't think I am speaking on behalf of Liqua as a company, (they are owned by Go Ritchy from what I understand and are based in the USA, I'm just a happy customer that's all, my only criticism of them is that they market it as Italian flavors but are still made in China.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
All e-liquids in England are regulated by the Trading Standards authorities. Samples are taken away and analysed. This also applies to website operators with a UK office address or server IP.

As far as I know, England is the only country in the world where e-liquid is regulated. So far all vendors have past inspection.

As far as we are aware, there is no e-liquid anywhere that contains entirely non-tobacco nicotine. Therefore all e-liquids (with nicotine) contain a tobacco product. Liquids with no nicotine (and the hardware used to consume them) do not come under any form of regulation except those covering any consumer product. This however would need to be tested in court in each country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread