Leak Proof/Resistant RTA or Sub Ohm Tank Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Hey,

I've got some travelling coming up later in the year and I'm on the hunt for a new tank that I can cart around with me and aim to be leak free...

I like smaller, compact tanks (current favourite is the Aromamizer V1, 3ml). Ideally 22mm diam and quite stumpy. 3ml capacity is probably about right. I've got the Bachelor, and it's too tall and I also find that it leaks from between the airflow control ring and the base of the tank. The design means that it leaks right onto the top of the mod, without being visibly noticeable. So you can't easily wipe off any small leaks, and there is often quite a puddle of juice on the top of the mod before I even realise it has leaked.

I've got the Cubis, and the size and leak free design is spot on, but the coils taste like crap (rubbery crap). I've sworn off Joyetech tanks for good.

The Kanger CL Tank is looking like a contender, along with the iJoy Goodger, but these two are so scarcely available I'm not even sure if they have been officially released.

Looking forward to hearing some point and recommendations.

Thanks a lot for any help.

lamensterms

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Hey WT,

Thanks for the reply. How's the build quality on the Goblin Mini? I had a Zephyrus V1 and all the edges were quite sharp. Made it hard to assemble and disassemble. Also, I really struggled getting the wicking right. I build vertical coils in the Aromamizer, so that simplifies it a little (no wick nooks to stuff or not stuff cotton in to). Constant and unrelenting dry hits for me off the Zephyrus.

WhiskeyTango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2015
Michigan
I have the V1 and it is nice. It goes together nicely and comes apart when I want it to. The wicking is actually pretty simple. Install the coils, feed the wick through them and pull it back and forth until there is only a slight resistance, pull the excess wick through the chimney cap, cut it flush with the top of the chimney cap, fluff it and gently push it into the juice holes. Assemble the rest and fill it up. I've only had one wick fail and it was my own fault trying to rush it. I jammed too much cotton into one of the juice holes and got dry hits on one coil. This method has worked for me on liquids from 50/50 all the way up to max VG. There's a picture tutorial on Google if you type in Goblin Mini wicking.

lamensterms

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Update:

I got the Kanger CL Tank, and the performance is pretty ordinary. Air flow is too tight and vapour production is minimal (probably due to lack of air flow). The flavour is hit and miss. Sometimes the flavour will be OK, other times it will be burned/dry. At this stage I'd say the performance of the Cubis is better than the CL Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread