Large hang-time when deleting threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Hello there,

Since I'm a supplier associate, I was going through our forum section and performing a cleanup of some of the older threads. I figured I would just delete all of the threads past page 10. However, when I go to a page, select all of the threads, and confirm the deletion; my browser just seems to hang there for about 5 minutes (or longer) while the request is processing. At this time, regular navigation on ECF seems to be slowed quite significantly as well. After the long hang-time, the page continues to load and everything works fine again.

I just completed a speed test as well as trying to load other (non-ECF-related) web pages and everything seems to be working fine on my end. I understand that there are a large (very large) amount of post on this forum; however, I wouldn't think that deleting 20 threads at a time would cause such a slow down. On another note; if it is, I apologize :blush:

Just something that may need to checking in to.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
As a Supplier Associate for Vapor Bomb dedicated forum - your moderator permissions (including deletion) are given to you for moderating purposes only within that dedicated forum
ie. a member double post, unacceptable content, etc..

As per ECF policies, you (or any ECF moderator) cannot delete any posts just for the sake of clean-up of older threads. Regular posts can contain valid historical data that members often rely on when researching a vendor for product or customer service. ECF prides itself on the vast amount of knowledge and experience contained in member posts since inception of the forum in 2008

The 570 posts you deleted have been undeleted - (no issue with hang time)

Pls contact me directly via email for further details on SAs moderating permissions
supplier @ e-cigarette-forum.com [rebuild]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread