• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, the Decorah Eagle's nest eaglets have hatched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
Oh my what is wrong with the females beak? I think she is the one in the nest right now. Looks like it's crushed on one side, her right side. :(

Well the other one is on the nest now. There is part of her/his beak missing, the pointy part. They had an active night. Seemed to be something irritating them all night.

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I don't know-maybe it's just a trick of the light? or dirt? there's nothing on the live feed or on FB about any problems, and i'm sure there would be. a couple of people in the social stream feed just mentioned dirt/grass being the same as yesterday.

they just did a close up of the eggs again, no sign of cracks/pips....

( i think mom and dad just changed places, but i don't know which is which yet- i could tell last year, but i've forgotten :facepalm: )

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
She/he is on the nest right now. Here is a pic of the beak. You can tell by a close up they did a while ago that the outer shell is gone on this side. I hope this is some kind of process their beak goes through. If the Raptor folks are not freaked out then I guess it's just a n00b worrying about nothing, LOL!

beak.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
Does Sasha like all the bird sounds on the live feed?
Oh yeah she loves it. When I first started watching, when the eagles would call each other she would hit the deck and lay flat. It was funny. Now she just watches all day long. I think the bird sounds keep her in attack mode for the poor birds around here. She and Pharaoh were sitting on a small box peeking out my office window at birds yesterday and all of the sudden, POW! They both jumped at the same time right to the ceiling chasing a bird that landed on the top of my window outside. So glad we have armor glass windows. That was a lot of cat hitting my window at one time. :)

Wow this is exciting!

Last edited:

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
Oh and now Pharaoh has become jealous of the babies. I had the video on my phone last night and he got mad. He kept swatting my phone down, bit me rinse and repeat. I was like chill out pork chop! LOL! He has a certain nip he gives me if he isn't happy and never intends to hurt me thank goodness with those choppers!

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Oh and now Pharaoh has become jealous of the babies. I had the video on my phone last night and he got mad. He kept swatting my phone down, bit me rinse and repeat. I was like chill out pork chop! LOL! He has a certain nip he gives me if he isn't happy and never intends to hurt me thank goodness with those choppers!

:lol::lol:

Awwww.......so cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread