KR808-D Battery gone dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegabs

Oct 14, 2010
oakland, ca
So about 2 weeks ago, i got my KR808-D and have been loving vaping with it. Today, i take it off the charger (with the charger flashing light, stating it's charged) and it wont light.
the connection threads are clean, as i cleaned it several days ago of any gunky build up & was vaping just fine with it last night.

i ddint drop it, or get it wet, or anything stupid.. just charged it before i went to bed, like always.

I emailed the vendor hoping for some insight or tips, but nothings working & I'm being told by them ill need to purchase a new battery... i dont think this is a fair option, honestly... nor do i think batteries should only last 2 weeks.

Any suggestions for trying to get this battery back to life?

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
Is this a manual or automatic?

I had an automatic that I thought was dead after a while, but then instead of inhaling it, I sorta exhaled a bit first before taking an inhale and it seems to work. Must be the diaphram or something in there that controls the auto switch that's messed up.

Of course, that doesn't apply to a manual battery setup.

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
that doesn’t seem right ... sorry about that... I would not buy from that vendor again. So does the led light up? Does it flash as if dead? It could also be your charger. Do you have a multimeter? I remember a thread several months back where someone suggest that they unplug the charger and disconnect the two pieces and then plug it in again. The poster suggested that it reset the charger in some way but I do not know how true that is but it is worth a shot.

bluegabs

Oct 14, 2010
oakland, ca
that doesn’t seem right ... sorry about that... I would not buy from that vendor again. So does the led light up? Does it flash as if dead? It could also be your charger. Do you have a multimeter? I remember a thread several months back where someone suggest that they unplug the charger and disconnect the two pieces and then plug it in again. The poster suggested that it reset the charger in some way but I do not know how true that is but it is worth a shot.

there is no lite activating on the battery at all.
fortunately, i have another XL battery that charged just fine today, so im sure my charger is working fine. i dont have a multimeter to tell for sure. ill try that "hard reset" option & see how it goes for the battery.

i'll see if the vendor might make an exception for their 14 day warranty.. im three days past it from from my purchase date...one day from when i received it

gosh that would be nice of them.

Sorry, I have exchanged 4 batteries with V4L in less than 5 weeks. 2 the carts wouldn't fit right, they told me to sand the threads a little, (bad batch) which worked perfectly and about 3 days later 2 more showed up in the mail. Then There were 2 automatics which worked great at first but seemed to take less and less of a charge untill they eventually go to just 4 or 5 hits and dead--here come 2 more. Then I casually mentioned i wished I had bought my wife manuals instead of autos and Bob asked what color she had, (I was in the process of buying there superlong lasting XL. crazy long but 2 can easily last me all day, non stop vaping same as my ego and about 2 days later lauren receives 2 new manuals, (extralong). How can you beat that

Seriously, never even asked for the other ones back! I won't buy anything that they carry from anyone else, EVER. THey said once you get beyond the first week or so the battery should last and last. Really stand behind there product and I always get to talk to a person. Try them. especially there long 380 MAh XL manual, hard as it is to believe with there WOW cartridge its the same vaper as my passthru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread