Dead battery help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
I think my battery just died I was taking a drag and it stopped and now I can't get it to turn on I've got a Ismok automatic kr808-d1 battery any ideas I put it back on the charger hoping that would take care of it but I've only had it since like July 20th

Edit: well when I put on the charger d a light on the end lights up like its charging for about 2 minutes and then goes out. I should of had a pretty decent charge to begin with. when I screwed cartomizer back on.. nothing and it does work I had just opened it and gotten a few drags off it.
Maybe I shorted the battery with juice? Yes I have since did a thorough cleaning of the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
It's possible you screwed the cartomizer in too tight. You can unbend a paper clip and try to pull the connection end of the battery out slightly. Be careful so you don't ruin the battery.

Make sure the connection is clean on the charger too. You clean it with alcohol? That works pretty good.

The batteries are good for around 200 charges. If your charging it pretty frequently, like 3x a day - possibly it just died.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
It's possible you screwed the cartomizer in too tight. You can unbend a paper clip and try to pull the connection end of the battery out slightly. Be careful so you don't ruin the battery.

Make sure the connection is clean on the charger too. You clean it with alcohol? That works pretty good.

The batteries are good for around 200 charges. If your charging it pretty frequently, like 3x a day - possibly it just died.

Ya I raised the center pin a little bit by prying up one side then the other slowly..
Still nothing. Oh well batteries are batteries... So now I am without a battery for a while....

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
You need to get something like this, so you'll have at least one spare: SmokTek eGo 650 CE4-Changeable Coil Clearomizer E-Cigarette Kit with carry case

Why mess with them teeny weeny batteries...build you a mamma jamma for $15 bucks

How to Build the Puck e-Cig Battery Mod - Part 1 - The PUCK eCig Mod

And new improved PUCK II
The Puck II eCig Mod - The PUCK e-Cig Mods

And it uses the NiMH batteries not the 'splody 'splody Li Ion's
Also warhawk: if I was going to be building a PV it would have to be regulated. But I don't have the dexterity to solder atmosphere due to DISABLITY, can barely Refill a carto... Sigh

I'm saving up for the innokin MVP 2.0. Wife said no more $$ on vaping till December or I find a job. Monies just too tight at the moment.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Also warhawk: if I was going to be building a PV it would have to be regulated. But I don't have the dexterity to solder atmosphere due to DISABLITY, can barely Refill a carto... Sigh

I'm saving up for the innokin MVP 2.0. Wife said no more $$ on vaping till December or I find a job. Monies just too tight at the moment.

sucks...sorry, hope you find work soon

Maybe you could find someone who could solder...and build you a poorvari
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/189320-my-poorvari-mod.html

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
sucks...sorry, hope you find work soon

Maybe you could find someone who could solder...and build you a poorvari
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/189320-my-poorvari-mod.html

I wish.. But I live 400+ miles from my closest friends and family. So I will have to hang tough. Even if someone offered to send me a battery the wife would go ballistic and I would get major wife-aggro for giving out personal information on the net. So better to chill and go with out then have an easily available conflict. :)
Besides if she asked me to I'd quit right now cold turkey. I love her that much, so doing my part to help out is unquestionable right now.
It's a minor annoyance nothing more in the grand scope of things.

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
Is this an auto battery? If so try giving it a few hard drags on the LED end with no carto attached. It can some times fix an auto sensor that's gone flaky. (This is assuming the LED tip is vented somewhere for the auto sensor.)

Yes indeed it is an automatic battery. I will do this right now.
Will Post results in a few minutes.

Edit :
OK I did as you said and then screw the carto back on and if I drag on it as hard as I can as deep as I can then it works and I get a little bit of paper to come out of it but I have to really really vacuum on it... Like to the point where I started getting a headache..

Last edited:

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
If that got it to work - well kinda - put the thing in a sealed bag with some rice. Sounds like it's acting like liquid got in there at the sensor. The rice may be able to draw it out.

Rice hell I have desiccant packages.. Hopefully this will do the trick :)

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
Quick update: dried the battery and it was better but super airy draw even if I fingered the air slots. But it was working so whatever.

Then I noticed the center pin had a channel in it that was in line with the outside air holes, so I rotated the center pin slightly. Maybe 25 degrees better but still had to draw heavier than it was before the incident. So I rotated the center pin a bit more CAREFULLY since I was unsure if you could Break the wires inside. Bingo pretty much back to normal a little bit lighter than new but workable.
Btw if you wanted to pull the center pin out is there enough wire to not break the connection? Not that I really want to do that just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread