Kicked out of bar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
In Virginia cigarettes & e cigs are banned from bars & resturants. When the law went into effect they made sure to mention e cigs are included in the ban.

Could the terms "electronic cigarette" and "personal vaporizer" be considered two different items? If it does not contain nicotine (for 0mg folk), smoke, or anything from a tobacco product, how can it be considered any type of cigarette?

I hadn't realized that so I just googled it to make sure. You're right. Damn!

Virginia is a unique situation really... it's kind of a grey area...the law itself does not forbid e-cigs in public...
One guy at the health dept of virginia chose to interpret the law that way and that is the FAQ that the health department put out to the resturants and bars... there's actually a thread here somewhere about it... that he and the health department took it upon him/them selves to ignore the lighted part (which was meant as combustable) and focus on the words "any cigarette" and uses websters dictionary to say that vapor meets the definition of smoke...

so look up the law that was actually passed versus what the department of health says...

very likely if fined it could be well challenged in court as the department of health took it upon themselves to interpret the law stricter than what it was written

esdel

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
None taken, I didn't mean to sound condecending. By no means am I telling anyone what to do. That's why I admited it was probabley because of my experiences growing up that I automatically associated the term with something I might have done when I was younger. Usually, it was bad.

I'm new to the whole E-cig sensation/debate thing, I know they originated in China, but I thought there might have been U.S. manufacturers by now.

And please, no need to be easy on me. If I say something ham-tarded, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.

Frost

Sorry my friend, I think my post sounded more blunt than I intended. I was merely trying to say that the less PVs are associated with smoking, the better.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm with valhalla1, stealth is always the best way. There are not so many vapers showing their wares that a confrontation is or is not going to happen. Friends and family is one thing, but out and about calls for discretion. I vape everywhere but in someone's face, I guess that says it.

I have to disagree on the "stealth" vaping. Either take the time to respectful educate first and if they still say no, then leave or don't vape. Hiding it like it is something bad, to be hidden, only reenforces the perception that vaping is just like smoking, to be shunned and banned. If we are not willing to come out of the darkness, then why should we expect non-smokers to even try and understand the vast difference between smoking and vaping???

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
beecee-love the new pic. Hope you are doing well. Get the car invader taken care of?

Thanks :D And no, never got my stuff back and they actually attempted to break into the cars again on Monday night but my roomie heard them and set her car alarm off to scare him away then went flying out the door with the bat. hah. I hope we catch him!

Bartenders don't have to own the bar to run the bar. They make the call on what does and doesn't happen there, period.

I always ask permission in non-smoking establishments so I can explain it early on. And if it's a smoking establishment, I go to town.

Right on, it's true, a bartender does call the shots on what the person is doing in most bars for sure.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
My husband and I go to a place once in awhile, the owner pulls up a chair and starts asking questions like crazy...he's not a smoker, just very intriquing to him. He thinks they're great, but they do still allow cigarette smoking.
I wonder what some of these old Home Town establishments can stand it without all the brown stuff all over everything! I wouldn't allow smoking just for that reason, if I had to clean it.
I use a Janty Stick V3, so is a little more stealth when you need it to be. Although I do carry a mini, too, just to not stand out in 'smoking' crowds.

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
My first experience vaping in a bar was pretty easy. I told the bartender what it was (I was also with my mum at the time), and she was totally down with it. There isnt a single bar that I go to where I dont vape. I just ask about it first.
Generally They want more information where they can get kits for wholesale so that they can sell them to their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread