Kicked omega??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
I've narrowed down my next purchase between a silver bullet and omega-- I'm leaning toward the omega because I think it's aesthetically sharper and I like the plunging button mechanic, but am still a bit up in the air. Correct me if im wrong, but I think that there are extensions for the silver billet to kick it stacked at 6v, and also to kick an 18650. What about the omega? Can it be kicked at 3.7 and stacked 6V? I know altsmoke doesn't recommend stacking in their tube mods, but everyone-- including grimmgreen, my youtube teacher, as it were -- seems to do it w. no problem. I plan on getting one of the mods and buying a kick down the road.

Another quick question: are vivinova 1.8 ohm heads low-res enough to vape well on a sb/omega running at 3.7V? I have a twist now that floats around 4.2-4.6V w/ 2.4 and 2.8 ohm heads. Will the lower res 1.8 ohm heads deliver as satisfying a vape at 3.7V on an sb/omega? Since vivinova heads only go up to 2.8ohm resistance, and I going to have to ditch them for a higher res carto when I stack and vape at 6V?

I apologize for all the questions in one thread, but you folks around these parts are really all so helpful. Can't wait to get a tube mod! Thanks!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Yes, you can use a kick in the Omega with a 18490 IMR battery. Altsmoke hasn't come out yet with a sleeve for the Omega to be able to use the kick with a 18650 battery in it yet. I don't have a kick, but I have read this info in Altsmoke's vendor forum here on ECF. I prefer 1.7-1.8 ohm attys on my Omega. Being a fully mechanical APV I don't stack batteries in mine. Love my Omega :)

mkhyper1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
United States
I know people do it but I would really stay away from stacking batteries. It's simply dangerous. You might be fine, but if things wrong, there could be big problems. The issues comes into play when the 2 batteries have different charges and you essentially end up charging one battery with the other. The can cause them to leak and/or explode. Be very careful with Lithium based batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread