KBV's Mission Statement/POV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all :)

We would like to again revisit our original mission statement that was scribbled on a piece of paper and still sits on my desk daily. The other night a loyal customer brought to my attention a thread here : Kickbass Vapor Peppermint IC, Hummingbird, etc... we ask that you please not respond or feed into the negativity, as attention, good and sometimes even bad, as evidenced by this post causes overwhelming ordering, we also never wanted to be involved in any type of "fanclub"

I no longer look at any other threads on here A) due to time and B) I've found while ECF has some of the most genuine and caring individuals (<99%), there are times when a few bad apples either being pushed by competition or jealously have a tendency to just want to be hurtful (>1%) and I don't feel I have ever done anything to warrant that. In fact I've helped other vendors get started in this market and always felt there was "room for everyone"

I've stated many times that KBV was not out to get rich quick, maximize profits, nor have customers order only to wait weeks in the event we may be backed up. We realize KBV took a unique approach and frankly thought, and believe that, many find it refreshing in this environment. We made a promise to you all that we would not hire outside mixers that would not take the same pride and care in our product that we do, one that every day for going on a year we can say we've kept.

We can also say that NO ONE under any circumstances has done without if they have contacted us. KBV has also done much "behind the scenes" to continue to pay it forward and will continue to do so. Starting next week we will offer a "lot" of bottles that were either mixed in advance of payment in good faith and not paid for or they were mixed to the wrong specs and caught during final check and packaging, the proceeds from that will go to a woman's shelter/recovery home to which I'll outline in another thread and hope to do that weekly or bi-weekly with the option on paying through the site or other means.

KBV started supplying for a group of people that requested we do so as they believed we could offer a better product than they could buy anywhere and ended up growing rapidly. We went from a simple ordering thread and processing 1/2 dozen orders a day using paypal to bringing a site that offered the option to use credit cards for those that preferred it for their convenience, that brought about many challenges, the the 1st of which is that it's becoming near impossible to get anyone to process e-cigs using credit cards, in addition to the extra fees they charge due to the "high risk" label on e-cigs also requires substantial amounts of money to back those accounts in escrow holdings. The next of which was a huge influx of new customers. With merchant accounts also come security issues which was the reason for the upgrade, to stay current with cart software security. We also had to reach out to our merchant account yet again and make another substantial financial commitment to continue to process more volume, thus the recent down time.

Now you may ask how other vendors seemingly don't have those issues? Well Authorize.net was the leader in e-cig CC processing, about the time we applied through them I was told "Authorize.net is discontinuing processing e-cigs and will gradually be closing existing accounts." Their TOS now states that they indeed do not and IDK if some are "grandfathered" in or not, I cannot answer that question. There are also new vendors that have prior pressing history in other ventures which is allowing them to find processing.

We don't complain and we feel blessed beyond our expectations both in terms of the relationships we've made here with people and with the amount of business we do, along with the fact that in this economy we are managing to make enough to provide for our family while many are jobless :(. Our goal as stated over and over was never about becoming the biggest, most popular e-liquid vendor, nor was it about making a very comfortable living in a few short years, which obviously the possibility exists. Our goal was to provide the best possible product at the best possible price while being a customer friendly vendor. In that regard, and in our our overall goal we feel extremely successful. Only in the rare case of an oversight has a quick reply not been given when contact attempt was made, and again we have always found a way to squeeze in an order or even send without payment an order to someone in need.

I guess from the other side there may exist a perception that this is some sort of hobby or something we do at our leisure, nothing could be further from the truth. I spent years coaching my both son's Basketball teams and being involved in other sports/hobbies with them, all of which had to be sacrificed to get to the point we are now. When the store is closed we are usually working extra hours on top of what we already consider to be extreme. The 1st 7 months consisted of mostly 7 day 70 or more hour weeks, through streamlining we reached a point where maybe we we able to take a day a week off in month 8, and in month 9 we had managed to not work weekends by working 3 nights a week mixing.

The last thing I want is this post to come across as complaining or ungrateful, I've stated how grateful we feel we are to be in this position, it is more intended to shred some light on our side of things, what we deal with on a daily basis and the fact that sometimes a simple PM or email to orders@kickbassvapor.com can allow you to place an order while the store is down. WE feel we owe it to our customers to keep the promise we made and to us that comes 1st, as I feel a person is only as good as their word and to this point we can say we've kept our word which means more to us than fancy cars and big houses.

This post again was not intended for anything other than to restate our mission statement and shred some light on the position we are in, if you feel the need to support it you are welcome to "like" it as I have my "likes" disabled so they don't interfere or lead me to believe I have PMs when I don't but as far as discussion we've stated our position for the last time here, and that is we will do our best to provide for everyone we can and work as much as we possibly can in an attempt to do just that.

Thank you all,
Sincerely
KBV

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Y'all make some good joose, when I PMed you when the store was closed... you took my order and got me my joose quicker than the other vendors got me my orders placed the day before. YOU GUYS ROCK! can't wait till I can try some more flavors! People can sling mud all they want, the fact is your joose speaks for itself! Keep up the good work.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Just keep doin' what you do and try to smile :) There will always be negative people running their mouths. We appreciate everything :wub:

THIS right here^. You have a way with your customers, that draws us in and makes us feel like a family, and no other vendor can say that. If KBV dropped the website altogether and just did offline orders I honestly wouldn't be hurt LOL. You take care of yourself and your family, and let the naysayers sick back in their corner with their VomitVapor.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Bob specifically asked us and stated..."we ask that you please not respond or feed into the negativity, as attention, good and sometimes even bad, as evidenced by this post causes overwhelming ordering, we also never wanted to be involved in any type of "fanclub".

Let's please not do it here either.

I love you Bob & Missy! That's all I have to say. ;)

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Bob specifically asked us and stated..."we ask that you please not respond or feed into the negativity, as attention, good and sometimes even bad, as evidenced by this post causes overwhelming ordering, we also never wanted to be involved in any type of "fanclub".

Let's please not do it here either.

I love you Bob & Missy! That's all I have to say. ;)

No negativity here :D

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I cosign Bobs' statement 100%. A wise woman I worked for when I was wet behind the ears, stood at the back of the cook line and watched each plate be cooked and sent out at her restaurant. Her ankles were swollen and I asked her why did she stand there all the time. She replied "No one cares about that food like I do. My name is on this place and that food reflects me not the cook." Needless-to say,her business was quite successful. When she needed a vacation or got sick, she closed for the same reasons as standing there. The other steak house down the road, also a chain franchise, went belly up. I guess the owner was busy on his yacht all the time when the steak house was packed with customers and the customers slowly left. That owner lived a rich life for a while and eventually went bankrupt.
Another very successful business man I knew had a hamburger shop the size of a bathroom. Every morning he went to the butcher and bought 50 pounds of ground top sirloin and hand pattied each burger. It started as a hobby after he retired from the electric company and he liked to golf. He would sell those burgers and then go golfing. he opened at 5am and was usually sold out by 10 am. He made a sauce he took to the grave with him. I offered to buy the recipe as I could not replicate it (RARE, I usually can taste every thing and replicate it). He said, "Nope, it wouldn't taste the same, everyone has different hands." I thought he was nutty, but he was prolly right. If ever you wanted a "Torelli burger" you had to eat it cold, reheated or for breakfast and I did many times eat burgers for breakfast. They were the best burger I ever ate.
IMHO everyone who is a success will have critics. Jesus had many. Keep sticking to what you think is best for your business, there are no rules about how one operates their business.You run your business and let others run theirs. Plenty bizness for all and no need to be like anyone else and with that said...............I will "LIKE" this post.

Talk about KBV good, talk about it bad.............Just talk about it! LOL

Hey Bob.............How is that Rice crispity selling?:blink:

Last edited:

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Honestly I have enough juice to last me a year, but I haven't tried all the KBV flavors yet so I keep ordering. :)

LOL Lucky you! My trigger finger is itching to get in tomorrow. I don't want to crack into my last bottle of Phillip More or Less. That stuff doesn't even exist anymore. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for my one remaining bottle, it would be extinct!.

StormyMonday

Feb 27, 2011
D.C.
Please know that not all your loyal customers are as happy as the ones above. I'm not a "Bad Apple", "driven by competition or jealousy"....I'm a loyal customer who is just tired of having to wait and deal with the inconsistency.

Please do not make dissatisfied loyal customers out to be "Bad Apples". I've given you hundreds of my hard earned dollars(When I was lucky enough to order) and I feel I have every right to voice my dissatisfaction without being labeled "A Bad Apple".

I totally agree that it is rude for your competitors or friends of your competitors to bad mouth your business on this forum, but I'd like to point out that not all of the negative comments are secretly from competitors....some, if not most, are from customers who have helped you build your business to what it is today, by opening their wallets to you, and now have decided to stop playing hide-and-go-seek with your business hours or shipping delays. By allowing insiders who are "in the know" to email you for their orders when the site is closed, is pretty bad business right there. Many people have mentioned this in other threads and I wonder to myself, with the money I have spent at your site, why didn't I know that secret?? No where on your website is that stated. While I believe in free market and business's being allowed to conduct business as they see fit, not everyone is going to want to support such a business model.

I haven't made dissatisfied loyal customers out to be "bad apples" the post I referred to was created by someone who admittedly never ordered from us before. The reference to the competition is ironically the same people that I had helped in this industry turning on me (shame the power of a few $ ) but I am not allowed to talk about other vendors.

We appreciate your business, we've stated apologizing for the inconveniences add nausea as well as continually posted to please contact via PM or email if you needed an order from our very 1st post ever as suppliers so it's not some "in the know secret". People think it's as simple as hiring more people and staying open and a big part of this post was explaining that that isn't a possibility at this time even if we chose to take that route due to being limited on what we are able to process monthly.

There are several vendors now that cannot even obtain merchant accounts because they have no credit which is the last "saving grace" if you don't have processing history or weren't able to get in before the "high risk" tag was placed on e-cigs which allowed us to get an account and gradually build a relationship so we could get increases as we went. I also explained that many of the processors are no longer available. We are now at a point where we were granted a small increase last month but won't be eligible for another until next month, and when that time comes we will have to fork over 50% of that increase to back it (example: process another $2000 monthly, give them $1000 to back it).

My point was basically twofold:

1) The people that complain don't always know the difficulties we face be it able to process enough credit card volume to meet the monthly demand or be it the cart software comes up with an update for security that causes you to have to close or be vulnerable to security risks (for which we chose the former).

2) The complaints come from people that never attempt to contact us or use the resources we ourselves spend our hard earned money on such as this sub forum and another forum we had built.

NOW we are reaching a point where we have enough processing history that soon we will be able to shop other processors and at that point maybe things will change.

I am truly sorry you feel the way you do because I know it is sincere, at the same time I scratch my head and wonder why you felt uncomfortable or what ever the reason it was you didn't feel like you could PM me if the store was closed and you needed to order? I mean that with sincerity as well because I feel I've always been outgoing and tried to make everyone feel comfortable and if there's something I'm doing wrong in that area would like to know.

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I haven't made dissatisfied loyal customers out to be "bad apples" the post I referred to was created by someone who admittedly never ordered from us before. The reference to the competition is ironically the same people that I had helped in this industry turning on me (shame the power of a few $ ) but I am not allowed to talk about other vendors.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Bob. :(

I had far more positive than negative things to say and when the thread did start to take a more sharp tone, I was the one who repeatedly stated that you can run your business however you like. After all, it's yours.

For the record, I am not one of your competitors, nor am I affiliated with any of your competitors.

I will link this thread in my review so everyone who is interested can see exactly what you have to say on the matter.

Good luck! :)

Hey Newbz :) No hard feelings here, I sold more RCT last week than ever and you did say a lot of positive things I thank you for :) I do get that there is an underlying frustration and that was why I felt the need to post and clarify some things when people say "they need to hire help" or things of that nature, it's not always as simple as it looks from the other monitor ;-)

I apologize for using your thread as an example, but like I said I don't look and it was brought to my attention. No hard feelings here and I hope none on your end :toast:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Hey Newbz :) No hard feelings here, I sold more RCT last week than ever and you did say a lot of positive things I thank you for :) I do get that there is an underlying frustration and that was why I felt the need to post and clarify some things when people say "they need to hire help" or things of that nature, it's not always as simple as it looks from the other monitor ;-)

I apologize for using your thread as an example, but like I said I don't look and it was brought to my attention. No hard feelings here and I hope none on your end :toast:

None at all. Best of luck with your endeavors. I know you guys have your hands full, but it sounds like you have a lot of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread