Kayfun owners - Do you fill from the top or the fill hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockLX

Jun 22, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Maybe I am not thinking this through properly, but if you remove the drip chamber on the bottom of the kayfun, you can see how the air feeds into the drip chamber and then up through the center of the deck. The vacuum in the tank is held by the base of the tank seals and the top of the tank seals, including the chimney seal. So in my mind this means that covering the air hole should have zero effect since it is connected effectively to the mouth piece through the evap chamber. So I would think that the only way topfilling will work is if you have a thick juice, or enough wick to absorb the juice while there is a broken seal (the top off). Or you plug the mouth piece (top of chimney) and the air holes while filling the juice but not sure if that would keep enough pressure in the evap chamber/air system to keep the liquid out. Sorry for rambling :)

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I don't know about all the Kayfun clones, but I now have an authentic Kayfun Lite Plus (v2) and the fill screw hole is large enough and in-set somewhat, so filling from the screw fill hole using a 'standard' juice bottle tip is fast, easy and makes no mess.

I do know that on a Kayfun clone I used to have, the fill screw hole was so small that in order to bottom fill it through the fill screw hole required a long real skinny juice bottle tip ... and was a pain in the .... and took a long time to fill with that skinny bottle tip.

Much larger fill screw on the authentic V2:

IMG_0002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread