Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That screws into the top cap of the tank. It's where the chimney goes through the top cap. I wasn't even aware it was a seperate piece, until I noticed it was loose when I was cleaning it up.

I have a new wick in there now -- as much cotton as I could get through the coil. It's almost OK. So, I mixed up some 72% VG juice to try. Have to give that a week or more to age a bit. That much cotton will be a pain to do every time, so I'm going to try a bit less actual wick, and then packing more cotton in around below.

Glad you liked the shop. I just wish they were someplace else. I imagine the retail rental is better there than around Santa Fe & Belleview though, or downtown Littleton.
I just have kayfuns so those are different parts, couldn't tell you on that oring. As for cotton amounts, play around for sure because it's the one thing that's hard to describe without physically showing someone and although you can't use to little, too much is also not good. If you over stuff the coil the flavor will suffer, too little usually produces dry hits and in your case flooding. There should be a middle ground and takes a bit of time to find it

djironic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Denver
(If you're in the Denver area, A&A Tradin' Post, on S. Broadway)

Seriously, this may be the most useful post I've ever encountered on ECF, lol.

I'm in the Denver area, I've never been able to locally source replacement screws/hardware, I *hate* the Kayfun deck screws, so, therefore, I will be headed over to A&A ASAP.

Hopefully they have replacement fill hole screws as well. :)

Thank you thank you!

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Seriously, this may be the most useful post I've ever encountered on ECF, lol.

I'm in the Denver area, I've never been able to locally source replacement screws/hardware, I *hate* the Kayfun deck screws, so, therefore, I will be headed over to A&A ASAP.

Hopefully they have replacement fill hole screws as well. :)

Thank you thank you!

Glad I could help. One thing I will mention is that if they don't have it, there's at least one guy there (tall, thin, older) who seems to know where to find it elsewhere. Example: they don't have o-rings of a size that works for the Kayfun tank. He referred me to a couple other local places -- Rocket Seals, and the other one I didn't write down, as it's up in Commerce City.

You will find that sometimes, it's hard to find thing X, just because they have such a large selection. The more experienced sales people do know where everything is. The tiny tiny screws are 3 or 4 columns to the right of the screw-size chain, on the back wall, IIRC.

I did have to clip the replacement deck screw down to length, which was easy with a diagonal cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread