Kayfun clone confusion?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
does anyone have experience with the kayfun 3.1 clone from hcigar? any issues with it? would you recommend it? i went to a local vape shop today cuz my friend has never tried 5 pawns and when we asked to try the whole line the employee who helped us stepped in the back room and pulled out a giant stand with about 10 kayfun 3.1 tanks all labeled with the different 5 pawns flavors. now i know this shop well. they are not big on authentics. only kayfuns I've ever seen before this in the shop were clones in one of the display cases. and most of their mods accept for a few high end things are clones so it is hard for me to believe that these were authentic kayfuns. after we tasted them i started thinking "maybe there is more to vaping then blowing huge clouds and building my coils lower and lower" (who would have known hahaha) and from that moment on i decided i wanted a kayfun. i can't afford an authentic so i started looking at the clones and jesus christ are there a lot of them. started looking at eciggity and they only have ehpro. for a while i thought ehpro was the only company who cloned kayfuns. i really really enjoyed the vape i got from the 3.1 at the shop but i don't like how the ehpro version is so squared off below the drip tip. cigar has the matte finish that i like and is a 1:1 looks wise but has anyone bought one? can't find much reliable info on youtube about it. also has anyone ever bought from vaperoyalty.com?

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
When I used Kayfuns, I had an HCigar 3.1......it was nice, except for the fact that it leaked out of the fill hole.....maybe I got one with a bad valve? Not sure......other than that though, it was a nice atty. I've also owned several authentic Kayfuns.....IMO the EHPro ones are closer in quality to the authentics, but the HCigar ones aren't bad.....for ~$50 you can't go wrong....

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
When I used Kayfuns, I had an HCigar 3.1......it was nice, except for the fact that it leaked out of the fill hole.....maybe I got one with a bad valve? Not sure......other than that though, it was a nice atty. I've also owned several authentic Kayfuns.....IMO the EHPro ones are closer in quality to the authentics, but the HCigar ones aren't bad.....for ~$50 you can't go wrong....

All, TMK, original KF's that used a flat head fill screw leaked to some degree out of that screw hole. There was no way to stop it.

With the KFL + V2 they recessed the screw hole, used a Pan head screw (flat on the bottom not sloped like a flat head screw) and an O ring to seal the fill hole. No more leaks.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
All, TMK, original KF's that used a flat head fill screw leaked to some degree out of that screw hole. There was no way to stop it.

With the KFL + V2 they recessed the screw hole, used a Pan head screw (flat on the bottom not sloped like a flat head screw) and an O ring to seal the fill hole. No more leaks.

Absolutely.....my KFL+ V2 had the recessed screw with O-Ring which greatly helped..

The "Fill hole" I was referencing, though, was the one with the valve on the side of the 3.1 Kayfun.....

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Absolutely.....my KFL+ V2 had the recessed screw with O-Ring which greatly helped..

The "Fill hole" I was referencing, though, was the one with the valve on the side of the 3.1 Kayfun.....

To my knowledge there was never a KF that a fill hole on the side and certainly not the 3.1. The fill hole was below, under, the bottom 510 connection part. There is an air inlet adjustment screw on the side.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
To my knowledge there was never a KF that a fill hole on the side and certainly not the 3.1. The fill hole was below, under, the bottom 510 connection part. There is an air inlet adjustment screw on the side.

Hmmm......because the HCigar KF 3.1 I had did have a fill-hole on the side of the atty with a little valve in it.... check out this pic...

$_57.jpg

You can see the little fill-hole on the side of the atty.....you had to use a syringe-needle bottle to fill it....

There was also a flathead AFC screw on the side of the atty as well, in add'n to an air intake hole...for a total of 3 "holes".....

161314346050_1.jpg

Here's another pic of both the AFC intake hole and the fill-hole with the valve in it...

Kayfun.jpg

Dang, that last image below is too small, but google "Kayfun 3.1" and you'll find it....

Attachments

• imagesCAGC0I31.jpg
    imagesCAGC0I31.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You prefer a lot of air flow.

Likely the Latest EHPRO rendition of the Kayfun lite Plus v2 with Dual Air Channels is what you would enjoy most.

3.1 made no sense. It was like a sideways step in the evolution of the Kayfun.
My Rocket Tanks have the same features and they were older.
Kayfun light reduced Height by eliminating the thick base design and moving the fill port.
Plus added back the AFC, moved to the Base.

There are Dozens of Clones of the original - Many are very good 1:1 copies, some are complete junk.

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
i know this is going to sound silly but i honestly love the look of the KL+ version one with the rounded drip tip so much more than the version 2 with the flattened drip tip.so I've narrowed it down to either the lite plus 1 or lite plus 2 from eciggity.com. is the version 2 like leaps and bounds better than the version 1? on eciggity both of them say they have updated larger air holes. but i also read somewhere that the version one doesn't have AFC but the version 2 does? I'm really a little confused. i can't find any like straight forward videos about the differences on youtube. thanks for your help guys

TrashCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto, ON, Canada
Wow ... So much hate for the 3.1 heh heh... A year or 2 ago, it was considered the best :p

Anyway, I have the very HCigar 3.1 in matte that you saw.... I love it. I've never used the side fill hole, as I just open the top which seems much easier and less problem prone to me. (especially with the new cutom top-caps with fill holes)

I've never had a leak and haven't yet had to change my o-rings.

Now on to airflow... The EHPro Lite+ V2 (one hole or 2 makes absolutely no difference, as the centre air outlet is the limiting part and remains unchanged) is actually slighlty more restrictive than the 3.1

They are both great atty's, and you'll be happy with either... The only real difference is the look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread