Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. If the Toptank glass is not the same as the ST, I don't have any idea where to get it. Prefab coils that use TC wire will say so on the coil base where the ohms are engraved. There'll be Ni or Ti or SS or something there by the ohms number. If nothing appears, it's a wattage coil. I have been building my own coils for years, and wouldn't have it any other way. You are using a regulated mod, and it's supposed to watch out for things like that so it doesn't blow up. Coil building can be done safely, and there's no better place to learn how than here, plus some videos. I strongly recommend the use of a stand alone ohmmeter. That way you can test for a short before you put it on the mod and take no risk of firing a bad one.

Reactions: Hokabe

Hokabe

Feb 27, 2016
ND, USA
You guys rock, thanks for all the info! Bummer that there's no replacement glass yet, I'm going to be a sad panda if I bust mine.

I will maybe start lurking around to find out more about building. It's a little less scary now that I know I can bug you guy with questions that will inevitably come up, but will likely be a while before I'm anywhere near ready to try.

Do any of you DIY juice? Where's the best place to get supplies for that?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
You guys rock, thanks for all the info! Bummer that there's no replacement glass yet, I'm going to be a sad panda if I bust mine.

I will maybe start lurking around to find out more about building. It's a little less scary now that I know I can bug you guy with questions that will inevitably come up, but will likely be a while before I'm anywhere near ready to try.

Do any of you DIY juice? Where's the best place to get supplies for that?
you might want to get a rubber vape band and put it around your glass for a bumper. Most places sell them. I DIY, buying my nic at MyFreedomSmokes and my flavors at Flavor Apprentice. Sometimes I will buy PG and VG from either one to get the total up high enough for a coupon code or something, but IMO these can also be bought safely, and cheaper, from top rated sellers on eBay advertising USP food or pharma grades. There are many other places offering good products and some like one better than the other. Reference to the Forum Suppliers board, and the DIY subforum in the Ejuice board will provide tons of info.

Deathbybungalow

Mar 18, 2016
Hey all, super new here so hopefully I'm doing this right and posting in the right spot. I recently upgraded my setup to the new Kangertech Topbox Mini. It came with the Top Tank Mini and I'd like to get replacement glass for it because I'm clumsy and it's only a matter of time before I break it (I've already dropped it like 3 times :nah:). I can only find replacements for the Subtank Mini. Will that fit the same? Also, anyone know if I can vape a Clapton coil on TC mode or does it have to be in wattage mode? The Topbox has options for Ni, Ti, SS, NC, and wattage. Not sure which to use. Thanks!
Amazon has some replacement glass for the toptank mini. But buyer beware on Amazon.
You can also use the glass for the tfv4 mini and it's a perfect fit and available everywhere

Hokabe

Feb 27, 2016
ND, USA
You can also use the glass for the tfv4 mini and it's a perfect fit and available everywhere
Thanks for that, as luck would have it, I DID bust the glass on mine Thursday evening. I ended up buying an aspire cleito tank from a local shop since I couldn't wait for replacement glass, but I think I prefer the toptank so I need to get something for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread