just ordered a kGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
I just ordered a kGo from Hoosier E-Cig after watching PBusardos review. I just recently got started in vaping with a standard 510 to make sure I was gonna be able to stick to it. I guess I'm sticking to it since I find myself always swapping batteries in and out, etc. and haven't had a analog in 5 days.

I don't think I'm ready for VV, or any of them fancy mods.. I just wanted something that put out a little more power and didn't constantly drop off and stop producing because It needs charged every 2 hours. I went with a 1100MAh Metallic Blue KGo with the Vizion Clearos and a new drip tip for $52 using the coupon code I found here at ECF.

I couldn't help myself at a price like that for what the kGo offers. I have a friend interested in my standard 510 but I'm not sure if I want to get rid of it already, It would be a nice backup to have just incase things fall apart down the road. $50 is not bad for another quality unit imo, so having both is peace of mind to me.

The addiction to PVs has begun...:evil:

Last edited:

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I also started with a small unit and quickly grew tired of constantly charging them(5 battery charges a day), plus I was unable to fully quit cigs. After I received my KGO I totally quit cigs. I still use my small unit while working outdoors where it is harder to carry the KGO. A KGO battery lasts me a day YMMV, others report 1.5 - 2 days.
I found that the clearomizers mute the flavor some and some e-liquids will haze or crack them (acid liquids, peppermint, etc.
Here is a link to the thread about this on ECF.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You will really enjoy the KGO, i have been using mine for over 2 weeks, great battery life and what else can I say. Great for beginners, you will have it up and running in no time. Just be patient if you are going to use cartos, look at some of the how to videos on filling them. PBusardos has one and its great.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I've been using some of my kGO batteries for nearly one year and they still work great. I tried many many different mods during my first full year of vaping, but once I tried the kGO it is all I've used ever since. I buy mine from Hoosier's and could not be happier. I recently bought some more batteries, just to have "in case", but my older batteries work just as well as my brand new ones. I also have 2 Provari's, but must say I rarely use them because the kGO is powerful enough for me and works great.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
I just ordered a kGo from Hoosier E-Cig after watching PBusardos review. I just recently got started in vaping with a standard 510 to make sure I was gonna be able to stick to it. I guess I'm sticking to it since I find myself always swapping batteries in and out, etc. and haven't had a analog in 5 days.

I don't think I'm ready for VV, or any of them fancy mods.. I just wanted something that put out a little more power and didn't constantly drop off and stop producing because It needs charged every 2 hours. I went with a 1100MAh Metallic Blue KGo with the Vizion Clearos and a new drip tip for $52 using the coupon code I found here at ECF.

I couldn't help myself at a price like that for what the kGo offers. I have a friend interested in my standard 510 but I'm not sure if I want to get rid of it already, It would be a nice backup to have just incase things fall apart down the road. $50 is not bad for another quality unit imo, so having both is peace of mind to me.

The addiction to PVs has begun...:evil:

Pass on your 510. Spread the love:) You won't use it (Kgo is reliable) and you will be helping a friend. What is cooler than that?????

DonD13

Aug 25, 2010
Illinois
I would stay clear of the Kgo. I ordered the kit with two batts in it. The first one locked in the on position and almost had a melt down. The other continued on until tonight. I had it laying on the seat of my car and I started smelling that acidic burning smell. Sure enough it did the same thing and was in a lockdown heading for an explosion or meltdown. I burned the hell out of my fingers trying to get it loose from the atty cone. Bad news. Stay with genuine Joye products.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thats horrible to hear that happened to you, must have been something wrong or maybe wrong ohms on the unit. I have the KGO my SLB, been using them for over a month, have 4 batteries. They are wonderful and many here use them and swear by them. Where did you get them? Maybe they were counterfeits? I still think the OP made a great choice. Only upgrade I made to mine were getting some tanks so I dont have to refill cartos all the time as Im a chain vaper. Enjoy.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
I have the SLB 1100MAH kGO style batteries from Hoosier. I have had zero issues with these batteries, and they hold up well. I to read about the 8 hour charge, 20 minute usage, and then throw it on the charger again for an hour in the kgo kit. I didn't bother doing that, and everything works fine. I wanted to vape, I guess I'm impatient.

now my kGO batts are my backup, I have acquired a 1000MAH twist since making this post.

X-Files

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Virginia
Ignore that. I plugged it in and let it charge until the light turned green and started vaping. I then plugged the other one in and did the same. Someone told me those directions were outdated.

Did any of you follow the first time battery charge instructions? 8 hrs chg- 20 min use- 1 hr chg. This sounds rather time consuming. Someone suggested that was for the older ones but the instructions still say to do it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread