Just checking things out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinker

Aug 22, 2012
Iowa
Not really sure what my plan is but I definitely thought it would be worth checking out ecigs. I've been smoking (and inhaling) about a pack of Black and Milds a day. For a long time I smoked them casually, but over the last couple years its become a habit. My primary concern is the affect on my sleep apnea, and I already have a family history of heart disease.

I'm looking for something I can buy locally (it looks like Blu and njoy are available here in town at Walgreens and Walmart) and would rather have long battery life than a small ecig. I think I'm going to head to Walmart tonight and try out the njoy disposables if they've got them. Unless someone comes along in the next hour and tells me not to bother. :)

Nathanman

Aug 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales.
If you've been a smoker for years I would go right into a whole new set up with a big battery and tank/clearomiser. I tried the 510 starter kit and it just didn't cut the mustard. I spent way too much money trying different things and have found that a big ego 1000mah battery with a tank works just fine. Great throat hit, lots of vapor and lasts all day and then some. It will probably be cheaper than a started pack too. At least it was for me.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Blu is made by the company that makes Newport cigarettes. Stay away from them, you won't find a lot of fans of that company here on ECF.

The other thing you said is you want a long battery life in a small battery. Such a thing is mutually exclusive. You'll need to do some research before you make a move, if you don't want to regret it and waste your money, and I have just the thing for you - The Vaper's Handbook:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html

Stinker

Aug 22, 2012
Iowa
No no, I was saying I don't care if it's big or not. I thought I'd grab some disposables tonight as a low investment way to check them out and to get me through the next few days.

Buying locally is pretty important though. I'm a closet smoker and would rather not get in to it with the ol lady. :) If I bought a kit online, do cigarette shops sell juice so I wouldn't have have to keep ordering?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If unsure that's the best way to see if it's gonna work for you. I've given out a number of disposables and 9 times out of ten they have moved on up to a decent starter kit. Being a closet smoker you're gonna want to be right on the money with your first kit. I got many converts that are still vaping on their original starter kit 7 months later. because they bought the right one. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.
Good Luck.

No no, I was saying I don't care if it's big or not. I thought I'd grab some disposables tonight as a low investment way to check them out and to get me through the next few days.

Buying locally is pretty important though. I'm a closet smoker and would rather not get in to it with the ol lady. :) If I bought a kit online, do cigarette shops sell juice so I wouldn't have have to keep ordering?

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
The disposables are a decent proof of concept, but not a great long term investment. Just remember that any problems that you may have with them can be fixed with different hardware or juices.

I can pretty much guarantee that your old lady knows something is up..but you could have something shipped to your office or a buddy's house.

mr6614

Aug 15, 2012
Muskegon Mi
I started with the blu starter kit from walgreens two weeks ago. and the short battery life aside it did the trick. there is not much throat hit with them though and I could understand how that would make you not want to invest into a better kit. I just returned my blu kit saying it was defective batteries and got my money back. bought the ego twist 1000mah with a smoktek 510 dct v2 tank. its not as big as i expected. very manageable. much much much better throat hit and flavor right off the bat. i have not tried the other brand you described but i cant think it would be much better. Definitely not trying to discourage you at all because thats what got me started. but take in mind that there is much better products out there that will satisfy your need for the cigarette. It is definitely worth a try. Its a whole different world from smoking. so many different options. Good luck to you! Hope this helps

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

I just wrote an article about disposables in my blog. They suck. BUT they can teach you that vaping can work for you, so just buy one and try it. Stay away from the PURE SMOKE ONE though too.

About the mrs. Give your friend or family member the cash after you order it online at their house. As for the rest, you can DIY and rebuild your atomizers and get the materials sent to your secret location and she'll never know. Once you've been doing it a while you can come clean if you want.

If you want to learn how to DIY and rebuild atomizers please click on my blog link above and it's all right there, just for you. Can you DIY as a noob? I bought 3 bottles of juice totaling 20mg of juice when I first started to hold me over while the DIY stuff came in the mail. I have DIY'd ever since. It couldn't be easier you just got to make sure you're not a klutz who spills nicotine solution all over themselves and your good to go. Like I said, the exact details are in my blog.

Stinker

Aug 22, 2012
Iowa
Ok, just a couple clarifications first.. :) I smoke Black and Milds, so "a pack a day" means I smoke 5 times. She knows I smoke occasionally, just not constantly.

I got a couple of Njoys instead of a pack of smokes last night. Like people have said, it was never a solution, just something to check out. The flavor sucks and they don't last long at all, but that's not really what I'm evaluating.

Last night, I still wanted to smoke. I was hitting the Altoids like a fiend. But having the ecig gave me something to do with my hands and the nicotine I needed. When I woke up this morning I realized I had slept like a rock. Better than I have in a long time. I didn't wake up coughing. My allergies aren't bothering me at all. And that's after just half a day of not smoking my cigars.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make an eGo tank system replace my smoking habits but at this point I really want to give it a try. Now to do my real research.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
Wanted to stop in here and let you know what I did. 2 years ago I picked up a disposable for myself and a coworker. We were both a PaD smoker. He quit I went back to the regular ciggys.
2 months ago my wife and I decided we needed to do something about our smoking. We went with a Ego-T setup. Its decent but they can tend to leak. The best I've used so far is a clearomizer of some sort and a ego or ego twist battery.
While I will admit, this doesn't replace the urge to purchase a pack of stinkys, it gives me something to look forward to. SO MANY FLAVORS!!!!!
Hopefully you find what works for you and kick the B+M's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Why try to shop locally? 99% of this stuff comes from China, so no matter what you do, you are feeding Chinese people. Why pay state taxes anyway when you can shop out of state and get exactly what you need for cheaper? I can tell you for a fact that brick and mortar stores prices are always worse than what you can find on your browser.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Stinker,
by all means, try a few disposables. Just to see.

I tried a few Blu's from my local shop, just to see what it was all about. They also had Square82, which actually have MANUAL batts but are disposables. I would suggest these for anyone interested in trying a push-button disposable. They are kinda neat and the flavors were pretty darn good:
https://www.squaresmoke.com/index.php/how?___store=default

I still keep a Blu disposable and a few of these Square82's around...just in case, or for newbies to try. I'm particularly baffled as to why I've never seen the Square82's mentioned much, I've tried *every* disposable pretty much, and these were the best. Nujoys were the worst. LOL

However, do NOT buy an Njoy kit.

, I think you will be terribly disppointed when you can get a starter system that is way better, like a VOLT from Smokeless Image, or if larger batts don't bother you then some nice Joyetech Twists or 650mAH batts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread