• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Juice Reviews/Opinions - For the Aussie Palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I found a couple of drops of Queens Vanilla essence improved the EM RY4 out of site.
Cheers, I might give that a shot.

I'm finding the switch intermittent, sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't until you pull it apart and jig with it a bit.
That sucks. Sounds like it'd be worth trying to get it exchanged.

Hi all,

OK, juat some basic opinions on juice I've ordered via e-cig.com. These are being vaped through a 510 at 3.7V.

Chocolate (VG): Not a bad vape. The flavour is there, nice vapour production. Maybe just a little thick for cart dripping as it's all VG.

Menthol: This one is meant to be VG but I suspect it's PG due to the viscosity (wicks into the carts well). Now this stuff I can chain Vape (as my rapidly emptying bottle demonstrates)!Slightly sweet on the pallet like it's been cut with a creamy vanilla. Nice *little* TH. If your looking for something like an Alpine, it won't be for you as it's rather mild, but it hits all the right buttons for me. :p

Apple: Cheap apple candy. Won't be going there again. :cry:

Coffee:Now me, I like my coffee a double shot, straight up. This was like sucking the grounds from a Mc Donald's coffee perculator after they'd been used for a week. A hint (and when I say hint, I mean a Bees "Richard" off being totally absent) of coffee. I felt like taking the drip tip off the bottle and yelling into it "WHERE"S THE FLAVOUR YA MUG!". Nice vapour.....little to no flavour. :(

Light tobacco (VG): Hmmmmmm......pretty much as above (well..I did order "light"). :lol:

Vanilla (VG) 0 Nic: Not too strong, would have preferred it to have a little more robustness about it. Nice vapour production. OK for absent minded Puffing when I don't want the Nicotine (god....thought I'd never say that :D).

It's a pity that the flavours in these juices are a little light on because the service at e-cig.com is so good, along with their shipping times to Oz.

I'll endeavour to post more as my journey continues. ;)

Last edited:

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
Thanks Chief,

I haven't seen any other good reviews on e-cig.com service/liquids etc... and thought I must just be weird or something.

I love the e-cig.com Menthol, It was my first 30ml bottle to be completely used up (vanilla close behind), and has been my main vape over the last few weeks, I also mixed the menthol and vanilla together for an interesting flav, and I have been mixing the vanilla with everything with good results.
It fixed a few previously unvapable flavours too.

They say they only use VG in all their liquids now, but some do seem thin like PG, but I think they must just cut their juice a fair bit with water to make it thin, others are really thick, especially the health-care range.
I think it is VG as I have been noticing throat harshness and a wierd teeth-ache from PG juices that I dont from theirs.
I still am undecided on the coffee... most of the time it tastes just as you described (wet cardboard soaked in old water-soaked coffee grounds) but sometimes... I do get an ok coffee flavour from it, I am trying a few mixes to see if I can fix it. (I too have double-shot straight-up)

I mainly vape kr8 cartos at 3.7/5/6/7.4v and find the amount of flavour quite strong, but when using a 510 atty, they do seem a bit weaker.

I haven't tried the apple yet.... and not sure if I will either.

I haven't tried the apple yet.... and not sure if I will either.

Dogsbody......Believe me, unless you like the El Cheapo lollies they offload in cr@p show bags, your taste-buds will thank you for giving it a miss. :lol:

Even cutting it with the Vanilla didn't help a Jot. Just made it taste like apple crumble with custard.......garnished with Windex. :D

Onwards and upwards. :)

These reviews are purely subjective and rely on my pallet, which is more than likely different from others. What I find pretty much as "Meh", you may love. So be adventurous and try some sample bottles. :D Also note that all flavours were tested via a 510 Atty at 3.7V, so flavour level may change through a different device.

HG Red MLB
Very, very, very strong flavor and good vapor production but not a huge throat hit. Has chocolate overtones but there’s a more prominent flavor that isn’t that appealing to me, almost like a concentrated cherry-like Red-Bull flavor, that I can’t quite put my finger on (that hits higher up on the pallet, more towards the nose than down onto the tongue). I think it’s the “tobacco” flavoring they use in e-liquids. Like I said, it’s not a flavor I’d choose for me (thanks to HG for the sample with my order), but for some, it may be just the thing. Flavor is such a subjective sense. I suspect that this would be much better, flavor wise, cut back with 30-60% with either unflavored, vanilla or chocolate liquid, or maybe a batch of light tobacco that is very light on taste. Not terrible, but very, very strong flavor. A bit too much so for this little black duck, but cut back, it could grow on me.
DK Flue Cured Tobacco
Reasonable vapor production, mild flavour . I’m not a great one for the e-cig tobacco flavors, and haven’t really found one that was “like wow” to me yet. But this one isn’t too bad and could be used all day without being overpowering.
DK C Cola
Reasonable vapor, very light on flavor. You catch a hint of cola (which is kinda disappointing as I’m a “cola-holic”) with come very light cinnamon upper-tones in the back of the throat and towards the nose. The vapor can tend to be a little harsh sometimes. With more cola taste this could be a winner, but in its present form it’s a tad light on.
DK Menthol
For you Aussies out there….Alpine (or if your memory is good, Commodore)….that’s all I can say. It’s very close to my old Alpine analogs. That same menthol tingle & taste (with maybe just the barest hint of eucalyptus in the back of the throat along with un-burnt tobacco). If you are or use to be a menthol smoker…this one will work for you. Mind you, puff-for-puff, I still prefer the more relaxed taste of the menthol I ordered from e-cig.com, with its creamy over-tone, but this isn’t bad either. Great for clearing the sinuses and your head.

More to come…..when my senses return. :thumb:

Last edited:

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
They say they only use VG in all their liquids now, but some do seem thin like PG, but I think they must just cut their juice a fair bit with water to make it thin, others are really thick, especially the health-care range.
I think it is VG as I have been noticing throat harshness and a wierd teeth-ache from PG juices that I dont from theirs.

That's interesting. I don't enjoy PG as much as VG either, and when I was looking at e-cig.com the other day I decided not to bother with them as I couldn't see VG mentioned anywhere. I assumed it was all PG based.

I'll have to give 'em a try if they're VG based -- that's great to hear.

Just a quick follow-up on the HG Red MLB. Be very careful not to spill it on ANYTHING. The "aroma" is proving very hard to remove from my eGo (LOL....and trust me, it takes a lot to damage my ego. Boom Boom!). And I don't just mean the Atty......I mean the PV body, the outside of it.
So far it's been wiped with methylated spirit and then with Vanilla essence and I can still smell it. :mad:

Time to break out the acetone! :cry:

That's interesting. I don't enjoy PG as much as VG either, and when I was looking at e-cig.com the other day I decided not to bother with them as I couldn't see VG mentioned anywhere. I assumed it was all PG based.

I'll have to give 'em a try if they're VG based -- that's great to hear.

K.rad: From the blurb at the top of the E-liquid page, it seems that E-cig.com is now supplying pretty much all VG.

"We are now providing the VG (Vegetable Glycerin) based E-Liquid which has more smoke and is more safer, more healthier than the traditional PG (Propylene Glycol) based E-Liquid."

The more I try of the DK.....the more I'm thinking about re-ordering from E-cig VG line.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
the blurb at the top of the E-liquid page
Right under my nose :oops:. I only browsed the juice range and was expecting them to have a different section for VG juices.

The more I try of the DK.....the more I'm thinking about re-ordering from E-cig VG line.
I did read somewhere -- probably here on ECF somewhere -- that Dekang tailor their juices for the reseller when it's ordered, so the e-cig.com juice probably still is Dekang juice. Don't take my word as bond though, and I probably should look into it further seeing as I'm inhaling so much of this stuff.

I think I'll be hitting up e-cig.com for some juice soon anyway.

Try Vodka... it's a damn sight safer than acetone.

*chuckle* Was kidding with the acetone :D....used Isocool rubbing alcohol to wipe over the body. It seems to have removed most of the smell.

I meant https://e-cig.com/. Not sure where they have their juice made, but after sampling some of the DK I just had shipped, their juice is better so far.

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
*chuckle* Was kidding with the acetone :D....used Isocool rubbing alcohol to wipe over the body. It seems to have removed most of the smell.

I had visions of you cleaning, running the atty to test for the smell and whoooosh! I reckon I could have seen the result from across the bay...

I meant https://e-cig.com/. Not sure where they have their juice made, but after sampling some of the DK I just had shipped, their juice is better so far.
According to the juice database, there's three main suppliers in China - Dekang/Boge, Joye and Bestecig... I'm wondering if the stuff you're getting is Joye. Mind you the retailers seem to be able to mix and match their own flavours, containers etc, so it's damned well impossible to tell unless there is a marking on the bottle.

I had visions of you cleaning, running the atty to test for the smell and whoooosh! I reckon I could have seen the result from across the bay...

"I wonder what'll happen when I push this button...." :lol:

LOL.....I'm having visions of the resulting fireball from a Napalm run during the Avalon Air show. :D

Has anyone come across White Chocolate along their e-liquid journeys??? Wondering if this actually exists.

Nah....not yet MrD. But I have just tried the DK Chocolate from my last order. Not bad. Nice vapour, maybe not quite as good as the VG versions I've tried, but none the less it's a tasty vape. :) The PG soaks into the cart fill a little easier too. A PG/VG mix would be just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread