Joye 510 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chud

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I've been using the Joye 510 since I started vaping 10/18/2009. Up until now I have really been enjoying it but lately I'm having troubles. Here and there I have bought new batteries and attys. I think I have 7 batteries and 5 attys total. The attys all seem so different from each other. One is really hard to draw on but gives good vapor one is hard to draw and doesn't give much vapor the others draw very lightly and sometimes seems to hit well other times not. Everything looks the same so it's hard to tell which came with what order. I think some of the attys and batteries are genuine Joye and others are clones. Some of the batteries seem to last longer and some shorter, some the lights doesn't work anymore but the battery still delivers good power etc. All of the attys seem to be giving an off taste lately even after cleaning. I guess what I'm saying is that everything seems very inexact and confusing with the 510 now. How do you use yours? Do you keep everything labeled and separate? Do you throw away batteries and attys that seem to be fading or just keep soldiering on with this stuff until it doesn't work at all? Is there a better system/solution? Thank you for any input, it scares me that lately I've been thinking it might just be easier to pick up some analogs.:confused:

Phero

Unregistered Supplier
This does sound very strange. I have had a lot of experience with genuine Joye 510 hardware and the quality has been very consistent. I have also played with some clones and they do act differently at times compared to the genuine parts.

Battery and atty life depend a lot on usage! I know users that go through an atty every two weeks and a couple of batteries every month. I also know them to be heavy users (previously 2 pack a day smokers). I personally am about half of that. One atty per month and two batteries every couple months.

I only use one atty at a time that way I know how long I have had that particular atty in use. My batteries I am interchanging all the time but with equal usage on each one. I have three different colors so I can cycle them.

I'm not quite sure if this answers your question regarding the troubles you have been having but I'm hopeful that hearing how I manage my hardware helps you.

Happy Vaping!
Jason

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I have trouble with my 510 att's if I over fill. I try to blow out my atty's in between cleaning them. Some sweeter Juices can clog them up as well.
My batts have all been pretty steady with little trouble. I do have ones that stay charged longer. I bought quite a few extra and do change them up. I also bought a few mega batts that do give way more vape time. I still think the 510 is the best out there. Give a power pass thru a try.
I bought a couple from my vapor store and they are awesome. I hook mine to my computer or a usb ac adapter and man, the vapor and throat hit are great. 15.95 you can't go wrong.
Dave

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
yep - I stopped using my 510 batts around 4 months ago once I got my passthrough. I mostly vape at home or in my car and if I'm at a friend's place I just bring along a USB adapter.
I have trouble with my 510 att's if I over fill. I try to blow out my atty's in between cleaning them. Some sweeter Juices can clog them up as well.
My batts have all been pretty steady with little trouble. I do have ones that stay charged longer. I bought quite a few extra and do change them up. I also bought a few mega batts that do give way more vape time. I still think the 510 is the best out there. Give a power pass thru a try.
I bought a couple from my vapor store and they are awesome. I hook mine to my computer or a usb ac adapter and man, the vapor and throat hit are great. 15.95 you can't go wrong.
Dave

chud

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for all the advice. I think what I'm going to do is weed out the weak elements among all this gear and go from there. I have the passthrough (and the pcc) and it's good stuff but I need to be mobile with this thing mostly. I guess there comes a time where some of it seems to still kind of work but it's limping and not giving the experience it did previously. I just bought 2 attys and 2 batts that said it was genuine Joyetech so hopefully I'll get back on track.:p

Reboot

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern Maine
I'm a light to moderate vaper, I go through about 1-2 mL of juice a day approximately.

I've been using the same 2 batteries since I got my 510 back in Oct/Nov of 09. I find that one of the batteries seems to work better than the other but both are acceptable and I haven't noticed and real degradation in either of them.

I have 5 atties, my original 2 I've cleaned twice and they're not working quite as well anymore. I ruined one atty by "experimenting on it" but the one I'm using now I've been using for a month and haven't even had to clean it yet. I've only vaped clear VG e-liquid out of it and I think that makes a big difference in it's performance. Colored juices (imo) clog up the atty faster. All of my equipement is from the same vendor and is all genuine Joye gear.

The only time I have trouble with my atties is when I flood them or when they are too dry. Also when the battery starts to get to the end of it's charge performance goes downhill.

rhdelaney

Feb 9, 2010
Cayce, SC
One of the biggest things is to make sure you clean your attys frequently. It is amazing how much that extends their life. I tend to clean mine thoroughly at least once a week, although many people clean them more often than that.

Granted, I own a company that sells the 510s (can't say which company that is. Admins have not given me permission), so I always have a ton of extras around if one dies. Even so, I am a heavy vaper, and my atties usually last me several months.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Do have a look at those pics: Janty World - Beware of copies! - Janty World | Janty World Not everything sold as 510 (and in fact not everything sold as Joye 510) actually is Joye.

Occasionally, an atty was on the shelfes for quite a bit, and the factory liquid has dried. A hot shower or a hot bath usually solves this problem.

And while I don't think frequent cleaning is necessary, I do blow them out about once a week, and give them a hot shower whenever I feel performance drops. If that doesn't help, a hot bath usually does the trick. You need to re-prime your atties with a few drops of liquid (or plain PG) after those, and they should be good to go for another while.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Hmm... not sure if I agree that clones are that bad. I just tried a sample 510 atty from BE and it performed pretty well and seemed just as reliable as the Joyes I've been using for so long. I am considering even carrying clones sometime for high volt vapers since they are rated higher.
Do have a look at those pics: Janty World - Beware of copies! - Janty World | Janty World Not everything sold as 510 (and in fact not everything sold as Joye 510) actually is Joye.

Occasionally, an atty was on the shelfes for quite a bit, and the factory liquid has dried. A hot shower or a hot bath usually solves this problem.

And while I don't think frequent cleaning is necessary, I do blow them out about once a week, and give them a hot shower whenever I feel performance drops. If that doesn't help, a hot bath usually does the trick. You need to re-prime your atties with a few drops of liquid (or plain PG) after those, and they should be good to go for another while.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I'm not saying that they are necessarily bad (although I am not fond of them), but they do behave differently than Joye 510s. So if somebody thinks they have a Joye, and they have a clone instead, they might think they have a Joye that is not performing very well.

Also, clones sold as Joyes are a problem – if I order a Joye I probably want one. Because otherwise, I'd order something else.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I don't find anything strange about the OP's situation at all; I have numerous batts & attys for my 510, all of various ages. They all work, though some perform better than others.They are all genuine Joye brand. Batteries & attys all weaken with time & use. I've not thrown any away yet, but I won't hesitate to do so when they actually bite the dust.
I suppose I should organize them a little better, but for now, if one I'm using just isn't getting the job done at that moment, I swap it out for a different one, and keep on vapin'. The 'weak' one gets a rest for a while, but will eventually get used again. They certainly are tempermental little critters, IMO.
I'm starting to be a little on the fence regarding cleaning of attys, as I have not noticed a significant difference in performance after cleaning one.

Edited to add: I find none of this frustrating enough to pick up analogs again, but my sympathies to you if you find this to be true for you.

Last edited:

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
I see what you're getting at - I actually thought I had clones for a while until I actually found out that I was using real Joyes but then I tried a BE510 clone that wasn't that bad compared to the real thing even with Joye batteries. But getting what you ordered is just being honest - lol I even took off Joye from my site because I was unsure if they were real Joyes until I saw the Janty page about it - gotta fix that when my next stock comes in.
I'm not saying that they are necessarily bad (although I am not fond of them), but they do behave differently than Joye 510s. So if somebody thinks they have a Joye, and they have a clone instead, they might think they have a Joye that is not performing very well.

Also, clones sold as Joyes are a problem – if I order a Joye I probably want one. Because otherwise, I'd order something else.

chud

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks again to everyone for their input. I cleaned my attys and I'm just using one now that I like. I also have 4 batteries that work better than the others and I'm rotating those and took the others out of rotation. I'm not throwing anything away that isn't broken, just in case haha. I'm going to keep using it this one atty and cleaning it until I don't like it then switch to another. I guess cleaning them did the trick. I may not have had them wet enough. I'm not going back to analogs that was just a frustrated threat lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread