Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
excellent

did I mention I hate peter jackson and what he did to the story

I've got to say that while I understand your frustration, I actually think he did an admirable job with the movies. There is entirely too much plot to even get close to covering it all.

I will agree that eliminating Glorfindel in favor of increasing Liv Tyler's screen time is a load of crap. But I hope that seeing the movies will inspire some to discover this masterpiece of literature.

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
I've got to say that while I understand your frustration, I actually think he did an admirable job with the movies. There is entirely too much plot to even get close to covering it all.

I will agree that eliminating Glorfindel in favor of increasing Liv Tyler's screen time is a load of crap. But I hope that seeing the movies will inspire some to discover this masterpiece of literature.

Forced my son to go to the first movie with me. (He would have been about 9 at the time.) As the movie ended, he leapt to his knees on the seat and, looming over me, loudly declared "They can't end it there!!" He started in on my old, dog-eared copy of the second book that night. Struggled a bit with the language, but loved it. I couldn't agree more that the movies are a great intro to the books for some.

On a side note... Huge THANK YOU to you again Elendil for the box mode and juice from the previous contest!! Just got batteries in for it today (silly me forgot to order them immediately!) and it vapes like a champ! Now I know why everyone raves about the 5v PVs.... I'm fogging up the place tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread