Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hi,

I received one of the first production runs of the Neo when they came on the market. After clearing out copious amounts of primer fluid, I noticed a "phantom leak". I would use it and everything was fine. If I took my eyes off it for a second, a small drop of liquid would appear in random spots along the puromizer. It would also leak around the battery and mouthpiece areas. I decided that it was probably a dud and I switched to another puromizer with similar results. Since the first run of anything new is bound to have its flaws, I ordered two more puromizers.

I'm happy to say that the second order did not suffer from any of the problems that the first set did. I found that performance of both sets of puromizers was fantastic. If not for the leaking on the first two, I would have been extremely pleased. I find that removing the mouthpiece every time I refill helps since a small (3-4 drops worth) amount of liquid always seems to be in there after a refill. I just fill them up, pull off the mouthpiece and dry up any residual liquid from the puromizer top and inside the mouthpiece.

After completely disassembling the leaky puromizers, I found that they steel body/shell that encases the clear tank portion is press fit onto the battery connection portion. On the two leaky ones, the shell was loosely fit. This is probably what lead to the leaking.

Basically, you either have a defective puromizer, or liquid has built up in the space between the mouthpiece and the puromizer tank. Liquid will build up in there if you don't clear it out every refill or so. If it's leaking randomly near the base, then you probably have the loose press fit problem I had.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread