Ended It's the ECF 15th Birthday Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2021
Well, I'm still semi new to vaping (about a year and a half in now) but this site and all the beautifully wonderful people here, have helped me learn rebuildables, helped me learn Ohm's Law, and have been there for me during some crazy times this last year.

I am SO appreciative of this place and the people that call ECF home. I've always been a loner and outcast in ordinary society, so it's SO nice to have a comfortable place to hang out with other like minded people.

This place also gave me my start for writing vape reviews. I'm honestly so happy and appreciative of this place, so much so that I want to become a contributing member come payday.

Thank you all for everything you did for me, and for everything you all continue to do for others EVERDAY.

You're all amazing people and It's been an honour getting to know a good chunk of you, over this last year!

Cheers!

P.s. I want to thank people individually, but there are SO many people that have helped me or made an impact on my vaping career or life in general, so I just wanted to thank EVERYONE cuz you all have helped someone at some point in regards to vaping!

My first vape was a Eleaf Istick TC40W and an Aspire Nautilus X, which was given to me by my aunt for helping her move. Shortly after, I was given a Drag X by a vape shop owner down south from me. The Drag X was what got me to STAY vaping and not smoking. Will forever be appreciative to both of them for the kindness they showed me. Been trying to pass on that possitivity to ppl around my city, been giving away some vapes here and there to those who were curious about vaping, but couldn't afford the initial investment. Hoping that eventually the Canadian government will see that vaping is NOT the enemy.

Last edited:

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
1st things 1st: Happy birthday ECF & THANK YOU to everyone who keeps the place going. However much appreciation y'all are shown, it's not enough.

Member missed: Her user name was stols001 & she signed her posts as Anna. Very nice to me almost from my 1st moment on the site. Interesting & entertaining posts. Would love to see her back.

Shout outs:
@Bliss Doubt is one of the nicest & most giving people i've ever encountered online. A heart filled w/ kindness & a mind filled w/ interesting things to share. An inspiration to anyone trying to give up smoking or just to be a better human being.

i can't say enough good things about @ShowMeTwice ... Kind. Generous. Gracious. Knowledgeable. A true gentleman. Everything to do w/ serious vaping -- from box mods to DIY & more -- would have been out of reach for me w/o his help & guidance. i'd almost certainly have been a casualty of the war on vaping if not for him. Whenever i've paid-it-forward -- & i've tried to -- it's from him more than anyone. There's no better example of what it means to be part of the vaping community.

i've been at this for less than 3 years; any forum memories at this point are only recent reflections. So let's all make some more memories together & do this again in another 15 years.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
Happy Birthday ECF! I would still be smoking cigs if I didn't come across this site. I started stalking this site back in 2010. My first ecig was a ego. I did burn my lips and throat a few times using a o.5ohms coil and fruity liquid. My dentist thought I had cancer :) Not! I really enjoy the DIY thread and the people there. Of course all of ecf folks are nice. I just don't have the time like I use to for hanging out. I miss all the vendors and the sales. I still haven't went to a vape store since the mail bans. Maybe some day..

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Wow, 15 years! Wish I had found this place sooner, would be an X smoker for one more year. And a vaper for seven more o_O

So many memories: Birth of the term "Tootle Puffers"
mosspa and his "Vaping for nicotine advantages?" threads.
This found while hunting for his name,

Paskal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 22, 2013
    MY
    Joined ECF back in 2013, but first post is on my birthday (Oct 6th, 2015) in the Cloupor giveaway thread.

Who knows that first post is actually my lucky post, as it makes me win the Cloupor mod.. haha talk about luck. I've win a lot of times here on ECF, most of the winnings is given to my friends who wants to quit smoking but didn't have the courage to switch to vaping :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Joined ECF back in 2013, but first post is on my birthday (Oct 6th, 2015) in the Cloupor giveaway thread.

Who knows that first post is actually my lucky post, as it makes me win the Cloupor mod.. haha talk about luck. I've win a lot of times here on ECF, most of the winnings is given to my friends who wants to quit smoking but didn't have the courage to switch to vaping :)
    I don’t know if it was the same contest but I won one of those also. I still have it somewhere in storage.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

I don’t know if it was the same contest but I won one of those also. I still have it somewhere in storage.

@Katdarling won an "orange" one too.

Upon receipt, it turned out to be REALLY DARK "orange" (it was quite black, actually). :lol:

Any doubt that's one of Kat's mods? I did not think so (lol).

ClouperMini-KD.jpg

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

I'm beginning to think that I was discriminated against, and the best I can tell is that it's simply because I'm a "BLABBERMOUTH!".

1671110829484.png

I've already contacted my DEI rep, who advised me that Blabbermouthism is wrong, and should not be tolerated nor acceptable, ever.

At their counsel, I've reached out to renowned DEI attorney, Chaim Phulovzhit, who will be in touch soon.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thank you all for sharing. The early days were fun and super busy. I have met so many great people and seen their generosity time and time again. Drew, Valley Vapes,Provapes, Enaud, dplongo to name a few.

As for memorable posts, I always think of this one and wonder what happened to the original poster. I wish we still had all of the folks around these days even if they only check in once in awhile.

And no, I didn't win a Clouper.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    I joined ECF on 7/18/14 and received the gear below three days later. That was the day I smoked my last cigarette. Little did I know I would not only find my long sought solution to smoking cessation, but also a generous, welcoming and supportive community. ECF was my primary vaping home for a long time.

Thanks for all the great people I've met and friends I've made, many of whom I still speak with regularly.

EmpM0PJ.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Opps - ECF liked the original so much they decided to "Double Post" it . . .

[
    e9578.gif.jpg

1-1.gif

To YOU

54440d1320312634-happy-birthday-ainars-bday02-copy-bday-birthday-gift-smiley-emoticon-000129-large.gif

TO YOU

ec3e6d93f14bdaf17212a7d39b87b58d.gif

E-cigarette-forum.com

logorev.png

December, 2022
    It's Been 15 Years

LuBergmann-happy_birthday_words.gif

To YOU

NOW - All ECF Administrators & Moderators, and Members
    Remember to Blow Out The Candles . . .

Birthday-Cake-Animated-Smiley-Emoji.gif

ALL OF THEM . . .

c1b263e7d4f19e4b9dd864e446cf362e.gif

s3weDS0.gif

SO I DID . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Happy Birthday Eckeff!

It's odd to me that I've only been here since early 2021 - it feels much longer than that.

Unfortunately, like others, I feel like I've joined the bonfire when the vast majority of active people have already retired to their tents. Regardless, there's a plethora of information I've gathered having joined this forum ranging from @Mooch's battery knowledge to meeting brand reps and starting reviews with them.

I don't want to make any specific shoutouts because I don't want to leave anyone out, but there are a few people here that know how to keep things light-hearted and entertaining. If it weren't for these folks, I wouldn't still be here. You know who you are and you have my gratitude, so keep on, keeping on.

It's nice to look back on memories and 15 years is nothing to scoff at, but I also feel like it's what we do when we're unsure of what there is to come. Let's keep our eyes looking forward, and push for many more good years to come. Even if the entirety of vaping gets banned, it will still remain a hobby for some of us, and this is the place I'll be hanging my hat.

Cheers, ECF.

Vapah

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 17, 2014
    Mechanicsville, VA, United States

[SIZE=9px][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I[/COLOR][/SIZE] apologize for the really long post. I feel that this thread should be much longer than 2 pages at this point. I have tagged everyone I follow. Actually, I think I deleted 1 by accident.

[SIZE=9px]-Nick-[/SIZE]

1HitWonder

1lowtoy

1Macman

28if

4Stephie

5 Jump Chump

5cardstud

A.D the 4MULA

aaitken

Ablonz

ABx009