Ended It's the ECF 15th Birthday Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Dear ECF community, it's with great delight that I announce it's our birthday giveaway!

So many memories over the last 15 years, so many great members, so much positivity around advocating vaping as a way to improve people's lives - you guys have shaped the course of vaping and public health over the last 15 years and without you the world would be a different place.

So to celebrate all that's been achieved, let's have a little nostalgia thread and giveaway, for a chance to win 1 of 5 x $100 vouchers for our sister site vaping.com, simply post in here with your favorite ECF memories, any shoutouts you want to give or members you miss. I will draw 5 winners at random in 1 month (23th Jan).

Ok, so I'll go first...

This is still one of my favorite posts, the first mod, and let's face it proper vaping experience, invented by our old member @trog100 way back in time, almost as long ago as the start of the forum - Prototype e smoking device.. comments please..

I met a great number of you lot over the years, but hands down the craziest character I met in real life from the forum was definitely Steve from @vapor4life man I wonder how he's getting on.

Over to you & Happy Birthday to us!

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Thanks a bunch low_tar_neil.

giphy BDAY.gif

Remember when i first started here,just me and my Vaporesso Swag 80.
    I was a total newbie and everyone took time to answer my questions and help me out,thanks to this site and its people i made this my second home.
    For that you will have my eternal gratitude :)

Memories to choose from? wow so many,but i gotta say i still remember the day i went a little cray cray and posted a bunch of pics of my Swag 80 all dressed up.
    I mean looking back i have I have no idea what was going through my mind,think i was just bored,was able to find some of them pics:

Swag 80 ''Covid Edition''

DSC00141.JPG

Swag 80 ''Charles Chaplin limited edition''

DSC00142.JPG

Swag 80 ''El Zorro limited edition''

DSC00147.JPG

Big shout to all my friends here in ECF @hittman @Daniel Forsyth @Frenkyou @Letitia @ShowMeTwice @pt91 @DPLongo22 @Nailz @chanelvaps @Tor R @bigbob2322 @Pigs @AngeNZ @gloopdegurp @Z-Lee @englishmick @Fidola13 @ShamrockPat @somdcomputerguy @zoiDman @DavidOck @Izan @HyDrOpOnIc1987 @FranC @dreamvaper @440BB @Fredman1 @charlie1465

I wish you the best ECF and all the people behind it that make it possible for someone like me to be able to share my passion with the rest of the world.
    Here is hoping we all around for your 30th Anniversary :)

Last edited:

Vapah

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 17, 2014
    Mechanicsville, VA, United States
    My most memorable moment was probably back in 2016.

Wow! Koopor & Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

We had a lot of great conversations on that thread. It was a great opportunity to meet new people and I would say everything was a positive experience. It was crazy that they could be giving away things in mass amounts back then but seeing over 29 thousand posts just goes to show how much fun it was.

Thank you @low_tar_neil for everything you've done for this community and hopefully ECF has another strong 15 years. It has brought so many people together who otherwise wouldn't of had the opportunity to meet each other.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    One of my first 510 joyetech cigalike kits was from Drew at Nhaler. My first real mod was the Xhaler that we used two batteries stacked one on top of the other. Drew was a great guy and he is truly missed.

@low_tar_neil , I remember the Screwdriver and had two of them. I stil have at least one somewhere but it doesn't work. I burned out the spring in it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Special thanks to all who have and continue to make ECF possible.

My time on ECF began long before I became a member. I used to hang here for vaping info. In my career the last thing I ever wanted to do was sit in front of a computer screen when my day was done.

However, I saw there was something special happening here, and that... that simple Truth kept me coming back.

Memories are Many. Far too many to list or choose but one.

So, my favorite and most loved memory is... the many People... the Creators of our many Memories.

To all the people here who have and continue to fill my mind with memories...

...I offer a sincere and humble Thank You!!! :nun:

It's the People... always the People... the Relationships... the Journey. Simple.

:wub:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Happy Birthday, @low_tar_neil and ECF family! :)

Memories. Mammamia, we've got a few.

I ventured over here from the old V2 forum back in Nov/Dec-2011. There was an odd competition thing going on, which I later learned to be more norm than exception (sadly). Regardless,...

It wasn't too before I hopped on the ECF train and am VERY glad that I did. The friendships, knowledge, and STUFF TO BUY all came in immeasurable numbers (lol).

One of my favorite threads was the original announcement of the Billet Box. That thing was SO different back then, and I fell in love with it IMMEDIATELY. I didn't buy for almost a year, but I watched every post - hoping it was as good as I was imagining (it was and still is!!!).

People? OMG, so many that I'm afraid I'll short-circuit...

Robin. Top of the list.
    Phil & Dave from ProVape
    Zen
    Eric from Discount Vapers (and LordDavon who followed)
    Drunk_J!
    DougDino!!! (and the Battleship games!) <3
    ssv2 (from CigEasy)
    (I'm forgetting a TON of people right now, but am doing this ad hoc between work emails)

An uncountable number of friendships, some/many of which still remain, and at least a few that might well be lifetime.

The sense of camaraderie & trust that was SO essential on this long & wonderful journey. Everyone wanting to help each other, often going out of ways to do so. Side splitting laughter at times, and some absolutely HILARIOUS psuedo-rivalries ("Volts taste better!"). :lol:

EVERYONE here that I've interacted with over the many years. You've all made a difference in my life, and I SO appreciate it & you all.

Here's to 15 truly marvelous years :toast:, and here's to 15 more (hopefully)! :toast:

:bday:

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I originally came over from the old VF forum in Aug 2011. It got just too rank over there, and this site had such good mods.
    Had a lot of fun with Trog back in the day. Remember the KeyRing?? Trog sent me an e-mail saying that he was looking for vendors here in the US.
    So I took the e-mail over to my friend Jason Cornfield @ Electronicstix, and as it turned out, Jason was sold out of KeyRings before Trog even got his shipment from China.

So many good friends have came & gone from ECF over the years.
    I loved seeing posts from Oliver and Roleygates, and of course Robin.
    Still remember the thread where Oliver compared cigarette smoking to tea smoking.
    Also remember the fun we had bashing the Golden Greek (all in fun) who did so much to bring us into the age of the rebuildables.
    Favorite thread back then was the birthday thread where we roasted folks for being here for one year.
    What an honor it was to finally get that Veterans bar.

Last edited:

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    One of my first 510 joyetech cigalike kits was from Drew at Nhaler. My first real mod was the Xhaler that we used two batteries stacked one on top of the other. Drew was a great guy and he is truly missed.

@low_tar_neil , I remember the Screwdriver and had two of them. I stil have at least one somewhere but it doesn't work. I burned out the spring in it.
    I met drew in person at Vapestock 2 (If I recall correctly) he was a great guy, I still have his original Opus somewhere, the wooden one.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    My fondest memories are from 2009 and the forming of CASAA, with Webby (RIP), Drew (RIP), Elaine (VocalEK), @kristin , et al. I held the post of first medical director, but only briefly. Those days EFC was hopping so much, you couldn't hardly keep up with the posts.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    ECF has cost me a fortune over the years, but oh what fun it has been, spent a lot, but learnt so much too.

So many good people have come and gone, so many friendships made thanks to ECF.

It's been very interesting to watch vaping progress, we could move on from pods now though :)

Miss the coop's too, they was always fun, and some really good deals.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    ECF has cost me a fortune over the years, but oh what fun it has been, spent a lot, but learnt so much too.

So many good people have come and gone, so many friendships made thanks to ECF.

It's been very interesting to watch vaping progress, we could move on from pods now though :)

Miss the coop's too, they was always fun, and some really good deals.
    I agree with the pod’s statement. I’m about sick of writing reviews on pods.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

When I first joined ECF e-cigs really didn't work very well. People were always talking about how to make mods and tanks work better. "New and improved" gear was always coming out. It was usually better than the older gear, but it still had enough problems to give us something to talk about. I almost miss those days.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Happy Birthday ECF :thumbs:

Here one of my all-time favorite ecf posts:

Toots

ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2009
    USA
    Been here nearly every day since 2009. The thirteen years spent checking in has changed my life in so many ways. The best part is the wonderful, kind community that has been built over those years.
    As for the posts, it is hard to choose from the knowledge and experience freely offered, the humor and stories shared, and the best deals on goodies discovered out there.
    Thank you ECF and Happy Birthday to us all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread