Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Supervisor Eric Mar said the goal is to limit children's use of the nicotine product. Critics say the long-term health effects of electronic cigarettes are not known.

"Limit Children's use" which is fine, but this also limits age consenting Adults, who are voters. Who by the way pay taxes.

So many errors in government logic.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
As a reminder, please post legislative news in the Legislative News thread, and please try posting the news stories on threads that are already dedicated to specific legislative threats we face.

Seems like most of the newly posted threads on Media and General News section belong in the Legislative News in a thread that's already been created.

Jan 19, 2014
Moved On
As a reminder, please post legislative news in the Legislative News thread, and please try posting the news stories on threads that are already dedicated to specific legislative threats we face.

Seems like most of the newly posted threads on Media and General News section belong in the Legislative News in a thread that's already been created.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it difficult sometimes to figure out whether something is "General" as opposed to "Legislation" - especially in today's environment in which actual or potential legislation seems to be ubiquitous. This leads to the situation in which virtually every news story references legislation or regulation (or the lack thereof). As just one example, 99% of US media coverage on vaping in the US mentions the lack of FDA regulation. The same goes for Canada (w.r.t. HC), and the EU (w.r.t. the TPD).

Perhaps the solution is to simply absorb the media forum into the legislation forum, on the grounds that virtually all media coverage is pertinent to legislation. (Coverage of vape meets could be moved elsewhere.) However I'm not sure that would make it any easier to find things in legislation. And many stories are relevant to more than one jurisdiction.

More generally, it occurs to me that ECF's forum structure may not be optimally-equipped to handle the current environment, in which we have a plethora of politicians and regulators at myriad jurisdictional levels - from tiny hamlets to entire nations - vigorously competing to save the world (and especially the world's children) from the evils of vaping ... with a surfeit of media outlets ranging from local rags to international news services in tow.

Just my :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread