itaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, new vaper here from WI. I'm looking at getting an itaste svd and i cant decide if the express kit would be the best option for me. I currently have a small e-go style battery with the mini protank 2. I just purchased a nautilus mini and I'm looking for a better mod for it. I like the look of the SVD, however I just dont know what the major differences are between the regular and the express version. I like the look of the smaller tube with the svd, is that the one that comes with the express kit?

Aumaan

Aug 26, 2014
United States
From what I can tell after looking at a few sites to try and see the difference, the item is the same except:

1) Pages that sell the SVD only is just that, the SVD.
2) Some of the pages that sell the "Express Kit" have the option of ordering "Optional" accessories. Although if you've only used eGo, like myself, a battery and charger aren't optional. lol

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
I use the Express kit and the only difference between the MOD's themselves is the included longer telescoping tube. The extra tube isn't needed since the shorter tube can be used in all modes (1) 18350, (2) 18350's and (1) 18650.

Unless you want the iclear 30's that come with the full kit I say stick with the express kit.

Definitely stick with the express kit--it can be found for about $40. I wouldn't pay more than that for an SVD, since the SVD 2.0 is coming out any day, which has the new Evolv Experience chipset in it. That will probably retail for about $100 and would be worth the wait.

The SVD is a decent device (for $40); however, the switch is prone to malfunctions/misfires. The iClear30 tanks do not compare to what is on the market now. Try an Aspire Nautilus Mini or a Kanger Aerotank V2.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I sort of wish someone had given me this advice when I was considering an SVD, but of course I likely would not have listened...

Just forget the SVD and get a Provari! I bought an SVD back in May, and I used it for 37 days before the firing button failed on me. I was lucky enough that I bought it from an awesome vendor (VaporEngine), and they replaced it even though they didn't have to. I have used the replacement for around 2 months, and it started to fail just like the first one about a week ago. It has since gone back to working rather normally, but I know it won't be long before it fails again. Which is why I am now planning to just spend the extra money on a Provari Mini 2.5.

They are rather expensive compared to the SVD (around $160 for the cheapest model, without batteries/charger), but they come with a 1 year warranty (and you can upgrade to a 2 year warranty for $25) so as far as I'm concerned it's worth the price. If you are interested in checking them out just go here: Provape

Like I said, I probably wouldn't have bought a Provari if someone had made this suggestion to me, but I figured I would mention it anyways.

As for the SVD, if you decide to go with it you will need to buy some batteries and a battery charger (and most likely some new clearomizers). Here is what I bought when I got my SVD:

1. SVD Express Kit
2. AW IMR 18490 (I got 2 of these)
3. Protank 2 (got 2 of these as well)
4. Nitecore i4 v2 Charger

If you do get a Provari, you would still need to get some AW IMR batteries as well as a charger. Oh and I still use everything from that list, except the first SVD...

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
I sort of wish someone had given me this advice when I was considering an SVD, but of course I likely would not have listened...

Just forget the SVD and get a Provari! I bought an SVD back in May, and I used it for 37 days before the firing button failed on me. I was lucky enough that I bought it from an awesome vendor (VaporEngine), and they replaced it even though they didn't have to. I have used the replacement for around 2 months, and it started to fail just like the first one about a week ago. It has since gone back to working rather normally, but I know it won't be long before it fails again. Which is why I am now planning to just spend the extra money on a Provari Mini 2.5.

They are rather expensive compared to the SVD (around $160 for the cheapest model, without batteries/charger), but they come with a 1 year warranty (and you can upgrade to a 2 year warranty for $25) so as far as I'm concerned it's worth the price. If you are interested in checking them out just go here: Provape

Like I said, I probably wouldn't have bought a Provari if someone had made this suggestion to me, but I figured I would mention it anyways.

As for the SVD, if you decide to go with it you will need to buy some batteries and a battery charger (and most likely some new clearomizers). Here is what I bought when I got my SVD:

1. SVD Express Kit
2. AW IMR 18490 (I got 2 of these)
3. Protank 2 (got 2 of these as well)
4. Nitecore i4 v2 Charger

If you do get a Provari, you would still need to get some AW IMR batteries as well as a charger. Oh and I still use everything from that list, except the first SVD...

When someone's thinking of buying a $40 item, telling them they'd do better with a $160 item is possibly not helpful. People have budgets and often it's hard to justify buying things. And as you say, a new SVD is imminent, but isn't there also a new Provari coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread