iTaste SVD or MVP 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
the MVP2 is only VV @ 3-5v and VW @ 6-11w, the SVD is VV to 3-6v and VW from 3-15w. The SVD can check ohms also.

The MVP is good for stealth and it also has a built in 2600mah battery which is nice. The SVD in 18350 mode really isn't that huge but it is a decent height with a tank installed.

Really it comes down to wanting something small and form fitting or a stink mod that can do much more then the box mod.

Both are really good and you can't go wrong with either.

Batteries are hit or miss from FT some people get them, some get stopped at customs.

Last edited:

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
I just got my mvp in the mail like an hour ago, and am very pleased! It fits all the tanks I have tried so far(t3s, evod, vivi nova) perfectly. Before this I used a couple of different spinner batteries that worked good enough but this is much nicer. Also the power cutoff isnt an issue since the mvp will go for 10 seconds. I was worried about it feeling awkward since it is a box, but it feels totally natural. Can hit the button holding both way without any issues, index finger or thumb.

I cant speak on the svd, but if you go with the mvp I think you would be very happy with it.
Picked mine up on ebay for $45, got it 3 days later.
Another cool thing with the mvp is that you can buy all sorts of wraps for it if you wanted a different color, or if it gets scuffed up later on down the road.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
They are both very good devices (I have, and love, both). The chances are very high that you will eventually get both, so I'm thinking that it isn't a question of which one to get, but which one to get first.

Don't worry about the battery charging with the SVD. Once you're set up, it's as easy/natural as charging an ego (or the MVP).

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
Last edited:
Hello all, glad this guy made this post as I was searching for the same answers lol. I have a PT3 on the way and want to upgrade from my evod batteries to something packing a bit more punch. Are the SVD and MVP top of the line products or are they good middle of the road? What would be better than these in the same price range? If size and stealth are no issue (my boss is ok with me vaping inside at work) what would be the absolute best choice? Sorry to kinda jack the thread but didn't want to start another for an identical question. Thanks for all the input and advice.

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
Personally I prefer the MVP, fasttech is alright I haven't used them but my understanding is the ship times are a little long and you must beware of knockoffs. Personally I want the new MVP I just saw with the new patterns on it. My gift to self very soon is going to be the pink skull MVP from that line and an Iclear 30b! Rumor has it I may even be getting it as a gift! My baby knows where the key to my heart lies! New equipment and especially good juice! I also absolutely LOVE my itaste VV I carry it to work etc waaaay better than any of the twists IMO.;)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I really like the MVP 2. IMO it's a product that could easily carry a much higher price and still be worth it.

On the other hand I have NOTHING good to say about the SVD. It's the one Innokin product I think they should discontinue producing. At the very least it needs a major redesign to fix the many serious flaws it has.

Are the SVD and MVP top of the line products or are they good middle of the road?

The MVP is a solid middle of the road mod at one of the cheapest price points. Fantastic deal for the money.

The SVD is a cheap, poorly designed, poorly assembled mess at a high price. I can think of at least a half dozen other mods in the same price range that I would recommend before the SVD. If you want a tube mod like the SVD, save the money and buy a ZMax instead.

Last edited:
I really like the MVP 2. IMO it's a product that could easily carry a much higher price and still be worth it.

On the other hand I have NOTHING good to say about the SVD. It's the one Innokin product I think they should discontinue producing. At the very least it needs a major redesign to fix the many serious flaws it has.

The MVP is a solid middle of the road mod at one of the cheapest price points. Fantastic deal for the money.

The SVD is a cheap, poorly designed, poorly assembled mess at a high price. I can think of at least a half dozen other mods in the same price range that I would recommend before the SVD.

What sort of issues do the SVDs have? I have only read of one where it would shut off. I was really leaning toward the SVD because of the ability to change out the battery if one goes bad, could I not pop open the MVP and do the same? I'm good with electronics and soldering and such, what would it take to change a battery in an MVP?

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
My :2c:...

The MVP is a paper weight when the battery no longer takes a charge. This could be a year, this could be 10 years. Depends on how you personally use it. The SVD, if the battery used stops working, I can just get a new battery. They are both decent middle of the road devices. I don't care for box style mods, but I have a VTR as well that is pretty good for me. The SVD flush mounts toppers, so adds a bit of stability to the 510 connection from being broken from a small drop or bump. The MVP does not so the topper is only supported by the 510 connection if no plinth is used.

Personally, and not just because I have one, I would go SVD based only only battery swapping. Now with that all being said, My SVD is only about a week old and has started shutting itself off for no reason other then it feels like it. Not all the time, but enough that I am back using my Vamo V5 mainly and it is now a backup.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
What sort of issues do the SVDs have? I have only read of one where it would shut off. I was really leaning toward the SVD because of the ability to change out the battery if one goes bad, could I not pop open the MVP and do the same? I'm good with electronics and soldering and such, what would it take to change a battery in an MVP?

https://www.google.com/#q=svd+broken

Button problems are the most common. Fire button broken, buttons to control the VV/VW functions don't work, and sticking buttons are really common problems.

Another common problem is with the o-ring on the battery terminal getting crushed or torn causing a short.

It's also fragile with many people reporting breaks after it's fallen or been tipped over.

I've had two of them fail in less than 6 months. First was an electrical short in the PCB that would cause it to randomly turn itself off. That problem got worse and worse until one day it turned off and would never come back on again. The other failure happened when my wife bumped the desk the SVD was sitting on and it tipped over and landed on the fire button. That crushed the fire button in and it would never come out again. Considering the price and having two of them fail inside 6 months, I cannot recommend one.

If you want a removable battery as an option, look at the VTR. It's like an upgraded MVP and supports the same removable 18650 batteries of the SVD.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the SVD breaking constantly, now I'm getting skeptical about any innokin products.... The zmax looks like a good alternative but there are some bad reviews talking about the voltage and wattage being dangerously higher than what is on the read out, I think most of that was with stacked 18350 batteries and I would be going with single 18650's so I don't think that matters much to me but just for comparison, what would be good alternatives to the SVD MVP and zMax?

ions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
I can't speak for everyone but I've had my SVD for 5 months now and it has been a tank.

Dropped it off a ladder at 50ft onto the street and it didn't even leave a scratch altho my IBtank was in pieces. I tend to tip it over every once and awhile while its on a table or desk and its never had a problem. Dropped it in the snow last month and it stilled worked great, screen still worked and everything. My SVD has been the best mod I've had and I've had my fair share of cheap mods IE Vamo, KSD, Zmax and such.

As with anything in life you will always find someone who loves it or hates it and there will also be lemons in everything that is mass produced in a factory. I've heard of both of these mods with failures on both ends.

Go to a vape shop and actually try them out. Most vape shops are full of people that are nice and will let you play around and test out mods before actually buying them.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The Sigelei Zmax Telescopic V3 or V5 are strong alternatives to the SVD as a telescopic tube mod. The voltage and wattage setting are spot on if the unit is set to RMS instead of Mean. This setting is user selectable. The voltage regulation is right up there with the best. V5 is identical to V3 but adds a puff counter and cell phone charger accessory. The biggest known issue with the Sigelei results from over tightening the battery tube when using any of the batteries longer than 18350. This issue is avoided by not over tightening the tube.

Last edited:

funkipelican

Feb 7, 2014
AZ
I almost canceled my ft order for the svd in favor of the mvp. However, I'm planning on diving into rebuilding when I get it and the svd seems to offer more flexibility (15w) in that aspect. Also, the bug has bitten and I want a mech mod very soon now. The SVD basically forced me to buy a good charger/batteries which helps in the future. Those are really the only reasons I'm still waiting for my lightsaber. Worst case scenario it will wind up as an expensive ohm checker.

Also the mvp looks better suited for going out, but I just plan on using my egos for that.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
You can get a Sigelei Zmax Telescopic V3 body only for $39.95 from Desert Vapes. A V5 for a little more if you find them in stock right now. V3 is also available from Varitube with a longer warranty. A Nitecore Intellicharger i-4 is available from Amazon for $17. Crystal Clear Vaping has good prices for Efest IMRs in lots of sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread