Itaste 134 or VTR? First time user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I bought the 134, this past weekend, and love it but have been debatin on returning it and getting the VTR. I need opinions on this. I was told by my vape shop , that sold me the 134, to keep it because its more powerful than the VTR. The manager actually owned the VTR and traded for the 134. He recommended the 134 over the VTR by far...

Help? I just thought the VTR would be better because you can adjust wattage and volts, plus it can go up to 15w, not just 12.5 like the 134. Would love feedback wether I should keep the 134 or switch to VTR.

This might sound stupid but I am learning to blow smoke rings so I figured the higher the wattage, the more smoke, so I figured the VTR would be better?

I guess it just comes down to , what is the point in getting something that will allow me to use more watts?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
actually The SVD is a much better unit than the 134.... if you can exchange it for a SVD go for it.... I luv my SVD, built tuff and still working after 9 months of abuse.
the SVD goes to 15W and can handle a coil as low as .8-.9 ohms....

if they don't have the SVD get the VTR its a bit heavy and the ring guard for the tank keeps you from using bigger tanks... :(

Last edited:

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Just talked to manager and he doesn't really wanna accept a return since I used it. I would have to buy a new tank to return it, so I would have to spend another $40 to return the item.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with mind and I enjoy it. Just didn't know if I should get something that can smoke more watts. I dont know if I should mention or not that this is for home use only, and only on weekends. I have not smoked cigs in 6 years and came across the vapor cigs on the way to get a cigar. I smoke flavored cigars but do not inhale. Anyways, I only will use this vaprizor on the weekends when I have buddies over. So this thing wont be going places with me, I dont know if that will sway your opinion or not.

I am very happy with the 134 so far. I am just the type of person that always see's something better out there and debates on buying it instead. For my low use purpose , is it worth the hassle to spend more money to get something different, or am I overthinking and the 134 will be perfect for me?

Last edited:

CastleRat

Jun 4, 2014
Utica, MI, USA
I have both. The i134 is used everyday - all day. The i134 is simple to adjust and rugged - mine has been dropped a dozen times. :oops:
It still functions perfectly and doesn't have a mark on it.

It has the right power range for me. I only use the 12w setting if I over fill a tank.

I also have a Sigeli 20. I got tired of the menu system, 5 clicks instead of three for on off and tilting to adjust. It keeps my VTR company in the drawer.:(

I strongly suggest you keep the i134.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I have both. The i134 is used everyday - all day. The i134 is simple to adjust and rugged - mine has been dropped a dozen times. :oops:
It still functions perfectly and doesn't have a mark on it.

It has the right power range for me. I only use the 12w setting if I over fill a tank.

I also have a Sigeli 20. I got tired of the menu system, 5 clicks instead of three for on off and tilting to adjust. It keeps my VTR company in the drawer.:(

I strongly suggest you keep the i134.

Glad to hear someone tell me that they prefer the 134 over the VTR. May i ask why? I think the VTR is nice looking and I like the screen and the VW/VV ability, but I know nothing about the VW/VV stuff yet. I know it heats the coils hotter to burn more liquid, but does that mean the more wattage you use the more vapor comes out?

wraithxiv

Jun 4, 2014
United States
If I were to buy one today, I think i would buy the 134. I just really like how it looks. I have an itaste vv v3 and find myself keeping it in wattage mode so I wouldn't miss the voltage function. Also I really never go over 9-10 watts, even with a kayfun lite plus v2 on it.
I'm still learning though, but don't really see the point in going as high as 15 watts or higher as other devices can. I think it's mainly for cloud chasers. I am a flavor junkie so yes clouds are nice, but not going to compromise flavor to get them.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
If I were to buy one today, I think i would buy the 134. I just really like how it looks. I have an itaste vv v3 and find myself keeping it in wattage mode so I wouldn't miss the voltage function. Also I really never go over 9-10 watts, even with a kayfun lite plus v2 on it.
I'm still learning though, but don't really see the point in going as high as 15 watts or higher as other devices can. I think it's mainly for cloud chasers. I am a flavor junkie so yes clouds are nice, but not going to compromise flavor to get them.

I agree 100%, but still enjoy blowing those huge clouds. I guess its just fun to do every now and then. I guess I just want something to say I have the ablility to do it if I want to. Prob just keep my 134 and be happy. It does what every other vaporizer on the market does. The thing is , before I started reading all of the crap, I was completely thrilled with the 134. I started reading then second guessing....

All all comes down to...there will always be a better product out there, can't get around that. I really want to try the VTR out, but doesn't seem like the manger will allow me to exchange it, and I don't wanna spend another $40 to be able to do that. That would put me spending $200 for the VTR.....

P.S. I bought the aspire nautilus today for the 134, and I think that will change my mind, since it can't fit on the VTR.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
For $200 and a good deal of patience you could of had both.:ohmy:
Ya. I paid $120 for my 134, another $20 for a dual charger, and $15 for a battery. Total was $162..50 with tax.

The thing is I didnt know any difference between any of them. I went into the store to get the cool fire 1, and was talked into the 134 because it was one of the "best ones" as far as his opinion went. I did my research before I went and didn't want to spend more than $60, then ended up spending $160, lol. Do I regret my purchase? yes and no. Yes because I have read the VTR does more than the 134 does at less the price. No because, I have enjoyed and loved the 134 so far and if I didn't read anything about the VTR, I would think it one of the better devices.

Since you own both, castlerat, why do you like the 134 over the vtr? It seems that most people leave the 134 in the drawer and use the VTR.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I bought the 134, this past weekend, and love it but have been debatin on returning it and getting the VTR. I need opinions on this. I was told by my vape shop , that sold me the 134, to keep it because its more powerful than the VTR. The manager actually owned the VTR and traded for the 134. He recommended the 134 over the VTR by far...

Help? I just thought the VTR would be better because you can adjust wattage and volts, plus it can go up to 15w, not just 12.5 like the 134. Would love feedback wether I should keep the 134 or switch to VTR.

This might sound stupid but I am learning to blow smoke rings so I figured the higher the wattage, the more smoke, so I figured the VTR would be better?

I guess it just comes down to , what is the point in getting something that will allow me to use more watts?

Thank you very much.

I'd definitely go for the vtr over the 134.
I love the looks of the 134 but the vw-only and the 12 watt limit are a definite dealbreaker.
My cheap vamo and zmax both have better specs.

You might not need 15 watts for the typical single coils but you might need for dual coils, and if you ever use mesh wick.
I happen to have a mesh wick in a protank coil right now on a vamo vaping comfortably at 9 watts.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I'd definitely go for the vtr over the 134.
I love the looks of the 134 but the vw-only and the 12 watt limit are a definite dealbreaker.
My cheap vamo and zmax both have better specs.

You might not need 15 watts for the typical single coils but you might need for dual coils, and if you ever use mesh wick.
I happen to have a mesh wick in a protank coil right now on a vamo vaping comfortably at 9 watts.
So you are saying pay another $40 to buy a new tank and exchange it?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
So you are saying pay another $40 to buy a new tank and exchange it?

You asked for opinions, I gave mine.

btw the 134 and the vtr are battery mods, not tanks.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I think I would want the VTR just for the fact you can get more wattage. I vape with watts and my perfer ed wattage for my everyday vape is 15.7. I just bought a new system for myself and got the Dna 30. It will go up to 30 watts. It all depends on what you personally want. My husband likes lower watts while I like a bit of a warmer vape with more wattage. If you are happy and comfortable with the wattage your system provides that's all that matters. But if you think you might want to go to a higher wattage then you might consider getting the other system. It all boils down to what makes YOU happy and what YOUR comfortable and satisfied with. Don't worry too much about what others say it's you who has to be satisified. If your satisified with what you have that's all that matters. However if it does not satisfy you and your looking for more wattage, you can get a second one. Sometimes if you look you can find some good deals online. Just as long as your comfortable and satisfied then that's all that matters.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
You asked for opinions, I gave mine.

And thank you for that opinion.

btw the 134 and the vtr are battery mods, not tanks.

Yes, I know. As my previous post stated, the manager of the vapor store would not allow me to return teh 134 unless I bought a new tank (iclear 30) for it, since I have already used mine. So that was the reason in buying a new tank. Thank you for your help.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
I think I would want the VTR just for the fact you can get more wattage. I vape with watts and my perfer ed wattage for my everyday vape is 15.7. I just bought a new system for myself and got the Dna 30. It will go up to 30 watts. It all depends on what you personally want. My husband likes lower watts while I like a bit of a warmer vape with more wattage. If you are happy and comfortable with the wattage your system provides that's all that matters. But if you think you might want to go to a higher wattage then you might consider getting the other system. It all boils down to what makes YOU happy and what YOUR comfortable and satisfied with. Don't worry too much about what others say it's you who has to be satisified. If your satisified with what you have that's all that matters. However if it does not satisfy you and your looking for more wattage, you can get a second one. Sometimes if you look you can find some good deals online. Just as long as your comfortable and satisfied then that's all that matters.

Thank you for your response.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Just talked to manager and he doesn't really wanna accept a return since I used it. I would have to buy a new tank to return it, so I would have to spend another $40 to return the item.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with mind and I enjoy it. Just didn't know if I should get something that can smoke more watts. I dont know if I should mention or not that this is for home use only, and only on weekends. I have not smoked cigs in 6 years and came across the vapor cigs on the way to get a cigar. I smoke flavored cigars but do not inhale. Anyways, I only will use this vaprizor on the weekends when I have buddies over. So this thing wont be going places with me, I dont know if that will sway your opinion or not.

I am very happy with the 134 so far. I am just the type of person that always see's something better out there and debates on buying it instead. For my low use purpose , is it worth the hassle to spend more money to get something different, or am I overthinking and the 134 will be perfect for me?

Sounds to me if you're happy with it might as well stick with it; I'd love to have a 134 myself, I just wouldn't consider it a good buy compared to other options; not worth the hassle to spend more money to get something different.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Sounds to me if you're happy with it might as well stick with it; I'd love to have a 134 myself, I just wouldn't consider it a good buy compared to other options; not worth the hassle to spend more money to get something different.

:-/ I wish I would have asked about this before I made a purchase, but I appreciate everyone's opinion.

CDinNM

Jun 9, 2014
capitan, nm usa
I have the 134 and also the VTR. I have found that each of them serve different purposes in my vaping life. Both of them will use any size clearomizer/tank you desire to mount up on them, and both of them will produce large amounts of vapor once you find the settings that work the best for your needs.

I use the 134 at my desk or when holding down my easy chair, I have a Nautilus on it. It is a little large for on the go stuff, but, I could easily take it on the go, just prefer not to.

I got the VTR for my on the go or out and about use. It can be used for large accessory clearomizers like the Nautilus since it comes with a tube attachment to extend past the top of the unit, but by design it affords some protection for smaller clearomizers, when out and about, if you happen to drop it. I use a KangerAeroTank on the VTR. I carry a spare clearomizer and also some liquid when I am on the go.

As I see it, you have a couple choices that have already been mentioned and advice given, you just need to make a choice and be the proud owner of either one or the other, or eventually both since you already have one in your hand.

I spent less that that $200 mentioned earlier purchasing the two units. I tend to shop around on the internet and seek reasonable/good pricing. I also don't buy something until I am sure it is what I want, and I certainly would not use something and then try to return it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread