• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is your eGo your main PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
My eGo is now the one I use the most. Gave the regular 510's to my wife. She isn't the "vapor"er that I am. Is that a word? :)

I believe so (now anyways) tazz..
I got an SB recently and I still use my eGo the most.
Hopefully when I get the Mr Puffer that ?might? change?? LOL.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just read a disturbing description on the Domestic Vapor website about the eGo:
On the 680 mah battery the manual button lights up a light ring and provides endless power to the unit long after you pass what are considered safe vapeing parameters. Various users are reporting blackouts, Brain freezes, and short term memory loss! This is of course subjective, and as so is only provided as information to show you that this small package could ruin your life.

Has anyone here experienced this? What could cause this? Leaking battery maybe?

tazz

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
I just read a disturbing description on the Domestic Vapor website about the eGo:

Has anyone here experienced this? What could cause this? Leaking battery maybe?

tazz

Tazz,
Could you post that website that made those outrageous claims . Nicotine has no record of causing those symptoms. I have been using all kinds of e-cigs since 08 and I have NEVER heard of this happening. It is most likely someone that has the goal to ban e-cigs and wants to get bad info on the web. Everyone knows anything uploaded to the web is there forever good or bad...

I just checked out domesticvapor.com and they sell the eGo. Where is the danger claim?

Nevermind they have the claim with the description of the mini eGo kit they sell, I give them the DA award ...do they ever expect to sell that kit...lmao

Last edited:

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
Really who would buy an eGo off of Domestic vapor...no warranty and a 20% restocking fee. seriously

º All sales are final for all products, unless damage caused by Domestic Vapors mishandling of customer's order is the reason for return. For customers that are unfamiliar with these products, we recommend ordering small quantities to test prior to making a large order. All returns may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Did I miss something here?

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
I sent them an email to explain exactly where they got their information. They sent an email back saying that it was a joke and they put some funny description on the suppliers forum here and it was meant to draw more people to their website to take a look at their products. They now realize that it was probably not the best way to do that, so apparently it has been corrected. The eGo, as we all know, is perfectly safe. :D

ScatRD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Austin
Morning all,

Just recieved my invite and accepted so I figured I'd drop a note to say "Hello" and add a serious thank you to all for helping me find the light out of the dark analog world!
If it wasn't for this forum I would still be smoking and ignorant, now I'm vaping and still quite ignorant but there is SO much info to try and take in!

I smoked 'boro's for (omg, I just actually did the math...) 27 years!
I've tried several times to quit, patches, gum and Rx meds and I always went back because I craved nic so badly even though I knew I was killing myself.
My last attempt was with Commit tabs, I was sucking on one every hour I was awake, when one got small and I didn't feel like I was getting enough I'd automatically pop another and even buying the "bulk" packs was not cheap, ended up costing me more than smokes!

Then I found this forum and my life changed.
I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of info out there, all the different models and combo's, which battery to which atty to which cart or carto combo's to get.. I finally thought I knew what I wanted but wasn't sure so I hit Drew's contact page to ask a few questions, he called me about 2 hours later and we talked for about 30 minutes. He talked me out of a more expensive model and into an eGo which I ordered and have been loving it since!
It's been a few weeks now and I'm feeling better and better about my purchase every day!

And it's all thanks to eGo and you great people on this forum!

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi ScatRD,
Great User Name by the way!
Drew really put you towards an eGo?
Wow, Now I think I will buy another Mod from him. Even though I had bought the XSHaler, but it was too small for my hands..
I do want a reg Nhaler. But I am glad he sent you to get an eGo. Those little mods (I call them) are fantastic.. I plan on getting another kit soon.. I am also going to get the Baby J (or whatever they will call it when it comes out).
Let us know if you have any questions or problems.. We will (at least I will) try to help you the best we can..

sherlynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
IN
Just bought the red battery and cone cover. Still my main vape. I do have a Mr. Puffer, 2 KR8's (gave my pt to my hubby) and a laser mod. Still go to my tornado more. I would someday love to have either a madvapes purple vape stack or an indulgence or the new Bulli that Vaporflow sells. And of course if I ever win the lottery I want a Fistpack from nuck. I still want a 5volt mod also. Maybe even a barbleby. So many but not enough money :(

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You know you can use the carto's on the eGo/Tornado also..
Just get the 510 to 808/901 adaptor and I have zero problem with my cone fitting over the carto.. I have used 7 different cartos and not one problem with air control..
... absolutely. It doesn't seem what we throw at the eGo, it does a wonderful job, with the cone of course. That is what I use for all my cartos, now.

I have some SLB 2Ohm LRs coming that I want to whirl on the eGo. I don't expect a great difference between those and the reg 510 attys, but I don't use the 1.5Ohms in order to perserve the longevity of the proprietary battery, more than anything else.

ipodjulator

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
normal, IL
  • Deleted by stubear62
  • Reason: OT

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
if you looking for a new backup or a new main pv then try the altsmoke.com diy box mod its $7 for the mod and hten about $20 for the battery and charger 18650 vaping is amazing espically LR atty's and the best part is its a 510 pv so all of your ego stuff( except the cone , obviously) will work with it.

I wish folks would read where they post first. This is the "eGo" user group sub-forum and hence discussion surrounds the eGo and it's brothers & sisters. Not box mods grrrr

Edit: Stu, pm inbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread