• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is your eGo your main PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Just wondering if everyone is using your eGo as your main PV unit or not and what you rely on as a backup. I am just asking because I am getting an itch to buy another unit and really not sure what I should get next. I love my eGo and I do use it as my main vape but I am getting tired of my VP1 and VP2 as my backups.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hi Jimi,

I do use my TornEgo as my primary PV. I have a few 510 starter kits, a nice collection of 510 batteries and atties, so on occasion I do pull out a standard 510 battery and vape on it for a while.

What can I say, they look so lonely and neglected sitting there all neatly lined up in a little bag. :)

Weird - yesterday for some reason I vaped my 510 batteries all day (swapping them every 40 -45 minutes or so). I still really like my standard 510.

Today, I had too much to do and didn't have the time or patience to do the constant 510 battery swap dance so I fired up my Tornado first thing this morning. I had a lot of work to do and it was great to just get into that focused productive zone and vape.... It wasn't until after dinner (a good 8 hours later) that I put on a fully charged Tornado battery. The one I was using hadn't died yet, but I swapped it anyway to get me through my night vaping.

I really love my Tornado and it instantly became my main PV.

My standard 510s are great ways to let others try the vaping experience. I think I'll always have those as back-ups. I want to start getting back-up Tornado/eGo batteries (and cones). I know other vendors are starting to carry and sell them now and I am curious as to how they are going to price them.

Remie :)

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, I only have my eGo now except for beta testing a laser for Isaac (Ikenvape).
I had sold everything I had due to my bills (what a shame) damn Dr's..
DAMN BACK!!!
Anyways, thats it for me.
If you want to sell one of your VP units (preferibly the VP2?) I might take it off ur hamds if the price is right!
(feel like Bob Barker.. LOL)

Last edited:

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Hello,
Ego is and as far as I can see, my only PV...No questions about it...After viewing
this forum for over a month prior to buying an PV, I noticed that the Ego and 510
were both very good...But, the question I have is why buy something else if what
you have is working for you?
For me, everything is working out great...No Analogs for 1 month and 1 day...
Yes, still counting...
Later,
PaulCincy...

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
PaulCincy,

I compare having other PV's to like having other shoes or etc... You may have a pair that you enjoy but I bet you have more than one pair of shoes. Hell if I saved all this money by quitting analogs and for me that is a hell of a lot of money, why not invest it into something I will also enjoy. Plus if I did not spend it on new PV's my wife would just spend it on something else.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Yup, right now it is. It's by far the most consistent performer I've got at this point. However, I'm slowly moving into mods... I just got a used Chuck, and I'm building some mods, so the Tornados might be retired in the near future.

I went in the opposite direction. I was no where near happy with my 510 batteries and built about 4 different mods.

Enter my Tornado. Now I just keep one of the mods in my Jeep as a safety precaution.

So yes, it's my main PV right now. I am now playing around with carto's on it to see if they're something I want to switch to. After a week, I still keep going back to the 510 atty's.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
The eGo was my main vape...still is at work...mainly the 510 atty but on occasion a carto
At home it's been sort of replaced with a mod...it's that boost up to an actual 3.7V..or the 6V with a carto..though as I've stated elsewhere I've got some low resistance atties coming for the eGo and I expect them back in full time rotation with my Super6 when that happens..the battery life is just too good not to..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Nah, I smoke 'em all. Big, small fat and tall. I smoke 'em all.

I cannot vape on juice or one device all day. I get bored with both the device and the juice. I have seevral different combinations of atties/device/juice. Some juices vape better at 5V, some better at 3.7V and some kisck ... on a stock 510 batt.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I love my eGo/Tornado batteries and usually have 2 or 3 I vape throughout the day with different attys and juices. I charge all 3 at night and they're ready to go in the morning. I only use the cone on the one with a 510 atty because the draw is too tight with the 901 with the cone.

Every so often I think about getting a different PV but I can't justify it until there's something that can beat it. I love the size, the look and 3.7 is enough for me. Occasionally I use a 510, 5V PT but yes, it's only for certain liquid that does better on 5V and only a few puffs at a time.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I think with the addition of you LR attys, you are finally going to be a happy camper.

I have some other items I want to get from him too so I hope he still has a few in stock on payday.

I appreciate your candor with your reviews. I trust your judgment that these will work well for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread