Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hey yall, two months ago I picked up a vape kit and started vaping. Four days later I smoked my last cig and broke a 40 year habit with really no withdrawals at all. I am still amazed at how easy it was. The only thing I realy noticed would be I dig in my pocket for my zippo or feel for my pack of smokes that was always there. Now two months later I have started having an urge for a cig with no reason. No one is smoking around me when the urge hits, no stress to speak of, just a couple of times I get hit with a strong urge for a smoke. Have others who quit with vaping experienced this?

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
For a long time, my initial thought was "I need a cigarette".
My unconscious mind simply did not switch to ecigs yet.
When I woke up, finished a meal, etc etc

The urge for a cigarette is quite normal.

Surprisingly however, when I took a cigarette after a couple of months, the taste was simply horrible.

The urge will remain for quite some time though.
A couple of drags from your ecig will quince it usually ;)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Yes, its completely normal. Its called conditioned response, even if there is no trigger mechanism, your body is very used to doing it. You were doing it 40 years, its going to take some time for your brain to forget on a day to day basis that you smoked for so long. Iv talked about how if I see someone smoking on the TV, I immediately think I should be smoking too. Its like I can feel the damn thing between my fingers kind of thing, and the whole hand to mouth action is imaged in my mind, bringing it to my mouth and taking that drag. But as soon as that thought comes, its immediately beaten back by the NEW knowledge that I vape now. I grab my mod and hit it hard. The feeling quickly pass`s.

Best of luck, it does take some time.
Randall

Skeeter812

Aug 9, 2014
South Ms
I have been vaping since May 20th and the urge for a stinkie has hit a time or too but nothing real severe. I generally just grab my VTR and take a few puffs and I am good to go. What MG nicotine are you using? There are days that I take a few puffs of the 24MG coffee I have and once the urge passes I start back on the 12MG.
Maybe you can try a different flavor or increase the Nic level when needed.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I always keep on hand what I call my "reserve nerve" juice". Higher nic content than what I usually vape. This is what I go to if I have a particularly rough time. I think it is a great idea and feel I am doing society a huge favor.
girl_haha.gif

Congrats to you on your vaping. Isn't it wonderful? Continued success and much enjoyment.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Thanks for the reply’s and encouragement guys. I found it odd that I quit with no withdrawals and been vaping for two months with no problems and then out of the blue serious cravings hit me. Its just odd. Someone can lite up a smoke around me and it really doesnt bother me other than it smells good but doesnt make me want one. Yet three or four days ago a craving hit me for no reason at all then it happened a couple more times and wondered if others experienced the same thing in their vaping journey. Up till a few days ago I had no cravings for a cig and the last one I smoked the day I quit tasted horrible. I have no desire to smoke again and will keep vaping on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread