Is there something wrong with my VTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey
So I took my newly acquired VTR to a couple local shops in hopes to get a nice setup til my taifun gs gets here. My first choice was any kind of a rba that would fit inside the VTR without using the extension. My next choice was the Aerotank even though I hate kanger stuff, since it had adjustable airflow I figured Id give it a shot. At the first shop I found a mini cobra genesis and was pretty happy with the find. They also had the Aerotanks so I asked the owner if I could test one on the VTR and he let me do so, but it turned out that my VTR could't get a reading on it. I said whatever since I got a mini cobra and went to another shop on my way home. I went in and found nothing but they also had the aerotank and once again my VTR didn't read it. The other protanks were reading fine but just not the aeeotanks. So I went home and spent like 3 hours trying to build the effing mini cobra (first time dealing with mesh) only to find out that my VTR wouldn't read it. I was ...... as hell and still am but I'm just wondering if maybe certain things just don't fit in the fixed connection or do you think something might be wrong with the one I own.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

MandM78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
NJ
www.gregpetrow.com
Do you have a VTR with the spinning 510 connector or the fixed connector? I'd try playing around with the connector if it spins. Otherwise take a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and clean the heck out of the connector.

I have a first gen with the spinning connector but have been lucky. 2 aerotanks, 2 iClear30s's a PTII and a Mini Vivi have all worked without issue in my VTR.

Bigfro23

Verified Member
WoW... thats kinda dis-heartning to hear. I've had my VTR for 2 days and was really looking into the AEROtank, mainly for the looks, and the Adjustable airflow, but after hearing that the VTR might not read it makes me second guess everything!! I guess before I make my next purchase I'll have to check everything on the Device 1st...

madmaxny

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
amsterdam ny
I have had an aerotank for a few weeks now and I really like it. I started rebuilding the coils, but only single. The first few worked good but not great. Today I did another one and I tested it on the vtr and it was reading 1.2 ohms. (it was only the atomizer on the base, not the hole body) so I screwed it on the body and filled it up and when I went to test the ohms again it was reading 00.0 and wouldn't work. I tried it on any other device I had a mechanical one. It worked fine. So after I messed with it for a while I found that the chimney tube was touching the inside inner tub and creating a short. I just put a wire casing over the chimney and problem was fixed. Not sure if this helps anyone just thought I would share.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
I have had an aerotank for a few weeks now and I really like it. I started rebuilding the coils, but only single. The first few worked good but not great. Today I did another one and I tested it on the vtr and it was reading 1.2 ohms. (it was only the atomizer on the base, not the hole body) so I screwed it on the body and filled it up and when I went to test the ohms again it was reading 00.0 and wouldn't work. I tried it on any other device I had a mechanical one. It worked fine. So after I messed with it for a while I found that the chimney tube was touching the inside inner tub and creating a short. I just put a wire casing over the chimney and problem was fixed. Not sure if this helps anyone just thought I would share.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
The tower has to be put on straight and seated or it can short the coil. 8O The tower by design is grounded to the head body . You can remove your insulator or not now. Also look at the bottom center hot pin. I noticed on occasion the pin will go off to the side and touch the side of the 510 threaded section when screwing in a head on an aero base. A simple reseating of the head clears that kind of short. Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread