Status
Not open for further replies.

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
I am speaking to the fixed voltage kGo 1100 mah manual battery. Came as a starter kit from smoktek.com. It's about 2 months old, and used in rotation with a second, identical, battery that came in the kit. I would generally get 8 to 10 hours out of each battery.

Last night, I ran the charge down as normal. Plugged it in to charge and took it off the charger before bed because the green light indicated it was charged. At the time, it felt like it didn't take quite as long to charge as normal.

This afternoon, I throw a Vision V2 Clearo on it, and it doesn't fire. The light flashes quickly twice, and that's that. Every time I hit the button, two quick flashes and out. Nothing more. Put it back on the charger and it went green within 5 minutes. Likely less. Same result when I fire it. Two quick flashes. The end.

Is my kGo dead? Is it something I can repair with my fair to middlin' soldering skills? Or is the circuit board blown? How likely is this to happen to the second battery from the kit? Should I just chuck it and use it as an excuse to get (or build) a more advanced mod?

I did do a search, but all I found were 3 flash problems and 5 flash problems.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread