Is Innokin Working On?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
the mvp 2 is on my list of next purchases for sure . and if the 3 or 4 comes out i will buy them since the price around 50 bucks isn;t bad compared to the over 200 you pay for the Provari and you know that the VW is eventually coming out imagine that you paid all that money like the Iphone only to have it outdated in 6 months to a year..but that is how electronics work always a faster newer model around the corner..

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome to the MVP club! I just joined it three days ago. lol I just had to charge last night after two days of heavy vaping at 10w. I'm glad I made this purchase and I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy yours.

Thanks alot once again everybody. I checked the voltage of my battery, it's at 4.1, and my wattage is at 8.5. The resistance of my tank is 1.8ohms. I don't know the math to figure out the best vape, but I can ask in the owners thread :)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
The MVP 2.0 isn't all that old -- yes it was released last year but I believe it was in the late summer / early fall? So I wouldn't expect a new version for at minimum several months from now.

At the price point these things go for, it would be worth it to buy an MVP 2.0 now even if Innokin suddenly surprises us with a new MVP 3.0 next month. They are probably the best value for the money than any other PV.

If and when the MVP 3.0 comes out, then buy one of those and you'll have your MVP 2.0 as its backup.

Really the only feature I would like added to my MVP 2.0 is an extended voltage and wattage range. The MVP 2.0 goes from 3.3 - 5.0 volts and 6.0 - 11.0 watts, and while that is just fine for 95+% of the time, being able to go up to 6 volts and 15 or even 20 watts would be nice to have. A 5 amp limit would also be a nice upgrade over the MVP 2.0's 3.5 amp limit (and a 7.5 amp limit would be awesome), especially if the voltage and wattage range is increased. This of course could only be done if the battery is capable of safely pushing 5 amps or 7.5 amps.

Being able to accept an 18650 battery is something I would want on the MVP 3.0 only if it did not necessitate a size increase in any dimension. One of the greatest things about the MVP 2.0 is its thinness. Despite having an excellent 2600 mAh battery capacity, it is quite thin, pretty narrow, and fits easily in the pocket. Basically, it's a great form factor that, if needed to be changed in order to accept 18650 batteries, would ruin it.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Really the only feature I would like added to my MVP 2.0 is an extended voltage and wattage range. The MVP 2.0 goes from 3.3 - 5.0 volts and 6.0 - 11.0 watts, and while that is just fine for 95+% of the time, being able to go up to 6 volts and 15 or even 20 watts would be nice to have. A 5 amp limit would also be a nice upgrade over the MVP 2.0's 3.5 amp limit (and a 7.5 amp limit would be awesome), especially if the voltage and wattage range is increased. This of course could only be done if the battery is capable of safely pushing 5 amps or 7.5 amps.
I agree with this notion totally. One way to skirt the watt range limitations is to use the Kanger 1.5 ohm bcc coils if you're using one of those types as they typically run a few tenths higher than their rated ohms. These coils will put you right in the middle of the watt range of the Cool Fire 2, MPV 2 and the 134.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Itaste vtr, built like a tank and takes 18650 batt. For the price it's a great mod

Vaping heaven-itaste vtr

I think the VTR is definitely next on the list, or a cool fire...none of the local B&M's carry Provari. Though one does carry high end Philippine and Malaysian mods, though I don't know whether any of those are more about looks, or whether price matches performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread