• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Invite Malaysian Suppliers to ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

abechik

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
malaysia
someone told me somebody got taxed or something like that for e juice order, and our very 'kind' government has already start looking on the liquid containing nic ... ... it's just word of mouth... not sure if it's true , but gonna meet that guy tonite and ask more...

i'm waiting for some juice from oversea (co-op with mahfuz ) and also have intention to order more ... afraid might get into trouble as well.... haihhhhhh...

mahfudz_mn

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I'm sure they are aware that the liquid contains nicotine. However I hope I don't have to spend more on taxes for getting it here...Perhaps next time we should order in smaller quantities to avoid suspicion. I have ordered over 1 liter of liquid in total but my supplier in USJ has always ordered more with no problems. Hope it goes through without any hassle

Alvin Lim

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
someone told me somebody got taxed or something like that for e juice order, and our very 'kind' government has already start looking on the liquid containing nic ... ... it's just word of mouth... not sure if it's true , but gonna meet that guy tonite and ask more...

i'm waiting for some juice from oversea (co-op with mahfuz ) and also have intention to order more ... afraid might get into trouble as well.... haihhhhhh...

We need more detail to verify that.....such as, how much he ordered? large quantity or just few samples? :confused:

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
taxed for item below rm500 ?

A couple of friends bought in a bunch of Ego kits before Christmas. Total value was below US$100 and they got taxed. More often than not, it's a case of greedy customs imbeciles who are just looking for 'pocket money'.

My friends were held up at the customs depot in Sepang. The official seeing to their case had no idea what the Ego was....he thought they were fireworks.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Hey What brand was that? ego from Janty, Joye or Ovale or china?

A couple of friends bought in a bunch of Ego kits before Christmas. Total value was below US$100 and they got taxed. More often than not, it's a case of greedy customs imbeciles who are just looking for 'pocket money'.

My friends were held up at the customs depot in Sepang. The official seeing to their case had no idea what the Ego was....he thought they were fireworks.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Hi Vikings. Happy Chinese New Year!
Well I not sure about assuming as fire works. But we ever encounter using the old delivery service and end up at the postal office. We just go there and pay rm100 for my rm1250 worth of items. But I just told them is worth rm500.
Anyway that was very long ago. As currently the new service from France is better and so far no issue.
Zeroi, they were Janty Ego kits. Ordered directly from the Janty website. The package was inspected because the official thought they were fireworks and decided to tax them anyway.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
Erm, Currently if setting up a E-Cig Kiosk, is it costy?

Hi Zeroi. I happen to know a bit about this, so I'll step in with a bit of info.

Setting up a kiosk can become very costly, and depends a lot on:

1. Location -- getting a kiosk in Mid Valley or KLCC is gonna cost upwards of RM3k to RM10k depending on location. Places like Summit USJ will be much cheaper. Some smaller shopping centers that are half-dead only charge around RM1k.
2. Size of kiosk
3. Location inside a particular building. They have different prices for different areas. E.g. LG and G floor is more expensive compared to some floor in Mid-Valley.
4. Some of the more popular places have a waiting list longer than a roll of toilet paper. May have to bribe them to get a kiosk.
5. Operating expenses can get quite high, which is why kiosks like Sm0ker H???? tends to sell very high price just to cover costs as well as give high commission to the salespeople.
6. Some buildings even charge you a fixed rental plus a % of your sales.

mahfudz_mn

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I think that the Malaysian government is OK with e-cigs now that they have an official importing tax category on it's own. Anything related to e-cigs are taxed at 20%+10% or mostly people just say twenty ten. Most people say that if you didn't order the batteries you can get away with 10%, perhaps. I went to the customs at the KLIA post office and they told me it's ok to bring in as they have established the rate. And yes, I think the Malaysian e-cig market is overpriced. Most items are in the region of 150% to 200% markup (that's already considering S&H). No kidding...

Ecigs have been here for over a few years, it's no longer cool to make such profit when the item is no longer new.

Tips: Bring your purchase receipt or the invoice and they can never charge you RM90 for 510 kit. That's crazy talk...

Last edited:

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
The 20/10% tax is on the selling price on the cost?

I think that the Malaysian government is OK with e-cigs now that they have an official importing tax category on it's own. Anything related to e-cigs are taxed at 20%+10% or mostly people just say twenty ten. Most people say that if you didn't order the batteries you can get away with 10%, perhaps. I went to the customs at the KLIA post office and they told me it's ok to bring in as they have established the rate. And yes, I think the Malaysian e-cig market is overpriced. Most items are in the region of 150% to 200% markup (that's already considering S&H). No kidding...

Ecigs have been here for over a few years, it's no longer cool to make such profit when the item is no longer new.

Tips: Bring your purchase receipt or the invoice and they can never charge you RM90 for 510 kit. That's crazy talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread