Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Orachel: I saved this one day for future reference, as the volt/ohm thing has been a bit confusing. Maybe it will be of some use to you? View attachment 62406 Have not tried adding a pic before hope it works.
Super handy, Larkfour! Thank you!

rootwhacker

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
East Wenatchee, WA
Crossing fingers that the postman cometh for you guys!

Question.. Is anyone here vaping VV juices at around 5V?
Thanks so much!

I have a variable voltage battery that gives me 3.2V, 3.7V, and 4.2V, so 4.2V is closer to 5V, maybe? I've only had it for about 2 weeks now, so no expert, but my 2 cents...

It's all about the power, not the voltage. that said, I've only tried Annette's juices in the GV Vision extreme tank/carto at 3 ohms, I'm finding her stuff seems to taste best at 3.7V. 3.2V is just too cold (no throat hit). the flavor balance seems to change between 3.7V and 4.2V. while the taste is still good (the flavor balance shifts for some reason) and there's a bigger TH at 4.2V, I just prefer the flavor at 3.7V. YMMV.

Here's hoping your cravings will pass (taking a HUGE hit of butter mint cream on your behalf...ahh).

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Evening Virgins, been at the ER with my son for most of the last 24 hrs but came home tonight to my VV juice! So something good did happen today. Geez, I love this Vanilla Peach Swirl. Gotta go get some sleep soon, thanks Annette, another wonderful order!
Yikes, Joanr, I hope your son is alright! You get some sleep and I'm glad the Vanilla Peach Swirl is there to help comfort you. Big hugs and sleep tight!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hi Annette.
I got my order already <3 thank you!! I do have a question about the boge cartomizers. I read what was on the site but I wondered if it takes some priming. They are working but there is a burnt smell so I wonder if i am not filling them enough or if that goes away.

I LOVE the expresso BTW, it is AWESOME. I was somewhat reluctant to try another coffee flavor but since your cinnamon was so good, I thought I would try a coffee flavor from you. It may become a regular for me as well as your cinnamon.

Thanks again for the great products and great service. You still ROCK!!!

Pollyfae, I'm gonna pm you with a link to a video that shows a method to fill Boge's that DRIVES the liquid down whole length of filler...Totally gets rid of that burny taste. I didn't get it that often, but it did happen from time to time. Never happens to me with this fill method, though. I don't know what this method is called, but i call it the 'Twirly Bag'. rofl Give that a whirl. I only use it to fill em the first time, and then they're super easy to top off with drops here and there. ;)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Geez, Joanr... here's hoping your son is ok!!! And yeah, those er visits always have me a nervous wreck. Thank goodness you have your PV. My ex and I had both quit smoking cold turkey for close to a year at one point, and a crazy er trip had us both back on the analogs.

And seriously, You guys!!! I can't believe how many of you went out of your way to help me with my crazy craving problem and the higher voltage issue! Thank you all so so much, truly!!! Really makes me feel better! I can't wait to go thru all responses slowly and check out these higher voltage PVs you guys are talking about. The one I'm looking at right now is a GLV2. Its absolutely NOT a variable voltage, but it DOES have variable voltage output, if that makes sense. It varies voltage automatically. I can use any carto on it and it adjusts itself accordingly. I don't know what the hey diddle diddle that means, since I'm a total novice to all this voltage schtuff, but here's the article that explains...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lv2-atty-compatibility-consistent-output.html
But i'm definitely open to the Variable Voltage models, as well. I'm just a techie noob, so didn't want something with all the dials and whistles, iffin that makes sense, as I'd never be able to just chill out and vape. lol I'd always be worried about adjusting. But I'm totally undecided. Whew. Been a weirdo day! I'm off to vape out with some of that Buttercream Mint! Great suggestion, btw! lol Night, guys! And thank you all so so much, again! PS... that snazzy chart is going to come in SO handy! And the pure grain alcohol.. talk about a quick and easy fix! Sounds super helpful! Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
You guys waiting 1/2 hour on the juice to soak into filler... any of you ever tried the Twirly Bag method? I don't know what its really called, but if you'd tried it you'd know for sure. ;) It looks pretty silly, but is actually rather fun, and totally eliminates need to wait. I get longer life out of my boges with this, too.

There's a video that shows this, but its actually on another vendors site, so I'm gonna try to explain this. As silly as this looks, i promise it makes the boges fill much nicer! And really, I just do this on first fill up, and then maybe another time or two throughout its life if I happen to vape on it too long and get burned taste. Twirly bag is super super easy to make. I've used the same bag for about 6 mos now, so you really just have to make it the one time. I just use a regular ziplock folded up/taped to a tiny size, or a mini bag. Put 2 vertical lines of staples parallel to each other about a carto and a half width apart down the sides of the middle of the bag. Basically, you're just making the area carto sits in narrower...that makes a 'channel' for the carto, so it doesn't tip sideways. I punch two little holes right below the ziplock line, a little further apart than the staple lines. For the 'string' part, I actually use two plastic zipties stuck end to end together so they make a loop. You can also use a piece of flexible wire, string, whatever. I prefer something a little bit firmer than string, though. You just want to 'string' the little baggie onto the piece of wire or zipties through the holes that you punched, then twist/ziptie closed wire or ties so you have the bag hanging from its holes on a wire loop. Ok, bag is done.

Now to use this contraption to fill any cartos w filler... Basically all you do is take the top plastic condom off and take the white cap out. Stick the carto hole up in the ziplock, about halfway in, right between the lines of staples. Fill the sides of hole on top with liquid till it stops soaking in right away, then push carto down into bag, and TWIRL the wire loop and bag around your finger for about 5 seconds. Pull carto out... you'll see how totally dry the top is because the liquid all got driven into filler. Repeat that process till the twirling stops pushing the liquid in. Vape. Enjoy. Yell out if you have any questions. I know sounds silly, but I promise it works! I get about 1 1/2 to 2 times the life out of cartos than I did when I was using condom method to fill, or dripping liquid and waiting for it to soak in. Don't know why, but it seems to hit nicer, too. ;) And sounds complicated, but whole process (once you have the bag made!) takes less than a minute to fill a new carto perfectly so its ready to vape. ;)

PollyFae

Apr 14, 2009
Ohio
Hi PollyFae! So happy you're loving the Espresso! It definitely sounds like you're filling the Boge cartos enough, but I've found with most cartos, if you can let them sit for 15 to 30 minutes it will prevent any burning as it gives them time for the juice to fully soak in and fully soak into the wick. I've been giving mine at least 30 minutes and that definitely seemed to do it. They're great little things and really don't have the burning problems in my experience that some other cartos do, but you have to let the juice really work in there first or you'll end up singing the parts that aren't fully soaked yet. Let me know if this fixes the problem for you!

I think my problem was patience. lol I didn't let it sit. I filled in the little hole, I did just about everything wrong. :D But after awhile, the burning taste went away and I am vaping espresso like crazy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Can't wait to get an ounce of that one and try some new ones too :)
Thanks for getting back soooo quickly.
hugs
Colleen

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Whohoo! That's so cool, thanks! Taryn spin... Clever human came up with that! When you say 'in reverse' do you mean upside down carto? There have absolutely been times I've wanted to get liquid out of a carto. Betcha that works great to get water out after cleaning! Thanks so much, Eleanor! I'd never have thought of that!

And now that I know what its called, I was able to hunt down a video on ecf that shows you how to do it...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...you-need-know-how-make-lanyard-new-video.html

And the reverse! Says you can get liquid out of carto and save the liquid! THAT is useful!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/63825-reverse-taryn-spin-drain-carto.html

Thanks so much, Eleanor! Much easier with a video!

Last edited:

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Good morning Annette and all the Virgin Vapers! Pretty quiet here today, everyone must be enjoying their Sunday. No juice delivery for me yesterday, maybe tomorrow (crossing fingers).
On an off note, I've spied 3 hummingbirds feeding off a flowering tree in my backyard! So today I'm off to Lowe's to find a feeder for them so they stick around.

rootwhacker

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
East Wenatchee, WA
Good morning Virgin Vapers! It looks like everyone's sleeping in this morning, myself included!
Mornin', Annette! I've been up for hours, been wondering were the VV borg were :) I'm packing my bags (and carts) to come home. Sadly, there are a few dead soldiers in my baggie full of juice bottles. But hey, more business for you!

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Mornin', Annette! I've been up for hours, been wondering were the VV borg were :) I'm packing my bags (and carts) to come home. Sadly, there are a few dead soldiers in my baggie full of juice bottles. But hey, more business for you!
Morning, Rootwhacker! "Dead soldiers," LOL! I think everyone else is having a nice quiet day. Myself, I'm having fun in my e-liquid kitchen today coming up with some special flavors for the holidays!

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Good morning Annette and all the Virgin Vapers! Pretty quiet here today, everyone must be enjoying their Sunday. No juice delivery for me yesterday, maybe tomorrow (crossing fingers).
On an off note, I've spied 3 hummingbirds feeding off a flowering tree in my backyard! So today I'm off to Lowe's to find a feeder for them so they stick around.
Hi Minx! Just saw your good morning too! I have a friend who lives nearby who just loves hummingbirds. He keeps 4 or 5 feeders full of sugar water all summer long. I've seen at least 50 of them there at once! It's quite a sight! After they know where to go for a good meal, they keep coming back year after year. They're amazing little birds!

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Morning, Rootwhacker! "Dead soldiers," LOL! I think everyone else is having a nice quiet day. Myself, I'm having fun in my e-liquid kitchen today coming up with some special flavors for the holidays!
Good morning, Annette! (Still morning in CA, I do believe.) Mmmm, holiday flavors, hmm? If USPS ever delivers my samples, I should be ready to order some keeper-sizes about the time you're ready for taste-testers. Keep us posted. Can't decide if the pun is intended or not.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread