Injury sustained because of being clumsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusylicious

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Newnan, Georgia, United States
Anyone else have silly injuries from being clumsy while doing something e-cig related?

I have cuts and burns from attempting a box mod, well the cuts were from the first attempt, burns from tonight as I dropped the soldering iron (very minor burns). I'm not normally so clumsy, things just worked out that way.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Anyone else have silly injuries from being clumsy while doing something e-cig related?

I have cuts and burns from attempting a box mod, well the cuts were from the first attempt, burns from tonight as I dropped the soldering iron (very minor burns). I'm not normally so clumsy, things just worked out that way.

You had to just know that i would post to this.

I actually tried to make a mod box once, me and a soldering iron...bad mix...I about killed myself with that damn thing. I had burns all over my hands, its a wonder i didnt set myself on fire even.

I'm clumsy naturally and it doesnt help that i have rheumatoid arthritis ( since the age of 26)...

Welcome to my world :p

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Hehe, I "should" have expected you would post here, BUT I didn't even think about it, lol. Glad I'm not the only one, though so sorry you burnt yourself so much. I assume you are much better now though? :)
Yep..all better...of course that was back in October or sometime another. I actually have mod parts im saving for my son when he decides he wants to build mom stuff..lol

There's so many new mod's coming out...and so many people making them..i feel quite helpless really. So many great idea's on those mod threads !

Crusylicious

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Newnan, Georgia, United States
If I could get an 808 adapter with the wires already on it I'd be fine, thats the part I just can't seem to do.

Glad you're better, I know how bad burns can be, had a friend who is scared along the right side of her face, down her whole body from someone throwing boiling water on her when she was a little kid.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
If I could get an 808 adapter with the wires already on it I'd be fine, thats the part I just can't seem to do.

Glad you're better, I know how bad burns can be, had a friend who is scared along the right side of her face, down her whole body from someone throwing boiling water on her when she was a little kid.

Oh bless her heart....burns are such painful things. We dont realize how fortunate we are, do we ?

My problem with the mod's is soldering the wire to the atty connection...i never could get it done. I think if you use flux it will stick better....also, you might want to sand down that connection part just a little. My hands just wont cooperate in doing that tedious work. I always wondered if maybe i could get some sort of clamps that would help..but never found any. I even thought about using glue to hold it on there until i could get it soldered...never tried it tho and I imagine it would have screwed it up anyways.

Sigh..im not a solder-er

I know that someone asked Madvapes if they would offer up connections with the wire already attached..but i dont think that was ever done.

You may ask Neph...for some tips...he's a great mod builder.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I was at a family get together at the lake and I placed my 510 in my back pocket and proceeded to sit to eat.........Yep burnt my ...! That Atomizer can get pretty freakin HOT!! lol

Well, if it makes ya feel any better, I did the same thing but in my front pocket. I won't mention where it burnt me but I will say mine prolly hurt a bit more. :blush:

nephilim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
So-Cal
Oh bless her heart....burns are such painful things. We dont realize how fortunate we are, do we ?

My problem with the mod's is soldering the wire to the atty connection...i never could get it done. I think if you use flux it will stick better....also, you might want to sand down that connection part just a little. My hands just wont cooperate in doing that tedious work. I always wondered if maybe i could get some sort of clamps that would help..but never found any. I even thought about using glue to hold it on there until i could get it soldered...never tried it tho and I imagine it would have screwed it up anyways.

Sigh..im not a solder-er

I know that someone asked Madvapes if they would offer up connections with the wire already attached..but i dont think that was ever done.

You may ask Neph...for some tips...he's a great mod builder.

Thanks for the Kudos Clumsy, If anybody wants connectors prewired I am more than happy to do it for you it takes me about 30 seconds to solder them on there, and you are correct use no clean flux and you will avoid cold solder joints, also look into heat shrink, I see a lot of mods out there that have joint exposed or cover up the whole works with expoxy, heat shrink also lets you rework the mod in the future, cant stress that enough make it reworkable you will thank yourself for doing it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread