Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
IPRO-03.jpg IPRO-04.jpg

Infinity Pro Review

Note: I tend to be very critical in my review of anything, keep that perspective in mind as you read this review. Review is based upon about 5 weeks of use.

The Infinity Pro is a good contender in the variable voltage market largely due to its $99 price (w/o any accessories).

Form Factor

It is a long and slender mod rather than the shorter wider mods that predominate (4.75” x .72”). It is incredibly light even with batteries. It is well suited to be used with a atomizer or carto without a tank. With a tank it looks very awkward; the tank hangs out there on the end of the narrow connector.

Fit and finish:

There are a number of color options: black, chrome, clear/silver, purple, and blue. It appears that the colors are anodized, the silver is clear over the aluminum metal. I had the chrome version which doesn't appear to have been anodized as I had problems with the finish not typical of an anodized finish.

I imagine that the anodized (colored) version may not have this problem, but the chrome finish developed a network of fine scratches just by being in my pocket for just over a month; that is with nothing else in my pocket. In fact they were so evenly patterned and developed so slowly that I convinced myself that they had always been there. So when I sold it as "like new", the buyer was understandably very upset and I took a large loss in the transaction.

I had the brass endcaps and they were perhaps the best component on the IP. They were precisely machined and had a slightly satin finish. The endcaps come in brass or chrome and with 510, 808, 901, or 801 connections. The batteries rattle around a little in the tube like many mods, but not under normal conditions (you have to shake the mod).

Function

The button is an extremely small red button and while I didn't particularly care for its size, it performed very well. It does look like it came out of an hobbyist electronics kit. It also has battery production built into the device.

The voltage dial steals the show. It has the right amount of resistance to be both easy to rotate and resistant to accidental (pocket) voltage changes. While there is no electrical display, it is made up for by the easy to adjust dial. I was able to find the right voltage for any carto/atomizer in about 20 seconds without ever needing to know that actual voltage.

The performance was just what you would expect from a variable voltage mod. It can adjusted it to give whatever performance you want. The maximum voltage is 5.5V which is enough to run all but the most highest resistance.

Once, after changing a carto I had a mysterious failure of the device that defied all attempts to remedy for 3 hours. During this time I changed out 4 different sets of batteries and a similar number of cartomizers. Suddenly it started working again, perhaps it was a connection problem.

Final evaluation

I sold mine, this was completely due to the shape of the Infinity. It looks idiotic with a large tank connected to it. With an atomizer, such as for direct dripping the slanted endcap looks great. The chrome finish didn't stand up to the most compassionate of handling, you may have better luck with the colored finishes. The dial for voltage works great, you do not need those digital displays. Other than scratches it appears to be a durable device and very light in weight at the same time.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Good review and they look great with these on it. They look like they belong together.

ikvision.jpg

lol 5card...u do get around....hehhehe i bought the vision cartomizer....it's ahhh...so so, not great flavor like dripping....and on the infinty..it's useless....anything past 4.3 volts..then i get burning hot vapor....not the best ....looks great tho..and works better on an ego w/drip shield......but flavor is the same......at least i dont get that cartomizer fluval taste....wonder what they use in their instead.
take care....mine looks exactly like yours now..hehe:vapor:

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I've done a video review on this device..bud...
check it out if u want to see it blowing plumes of vapor...but it really is at it's best (taste wise) with empiremod drip shield and Xl 306 drip tip with 306 1.8 ohm atomizer.....

I would get this over any other mod...for simplicity and looks...nothing can touch it!

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I can see where a tank on this would look top-heavy but they do look pretty classy on their own. Thanks for the review.

Batteries do not shake you would have to put it in gene seperation bio machine to get that to happen, and well i'm sure the average vaporor doesn't keep em around in the garage...lol....
They are f'ing beautiful...this dude did a good review..but somethings were well, nothing i've ever encountered w/my IPro.
Perhaps a Darwin is where he should leanto....looks like a crippled block of symtax (explosive material) f.y.i.
Anyway i did a vid review posted lower in this thread look 4 it.
later

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
It is very possible I just got a lemon, the problem I had with it cutting out once for 3 hours is now occurring frequently and I was forced take it back from the lady I sold it to and refund her money.

Not sure what the snide comment about the Darwin means, I have no connection to the Darwin or desire to own one. It is even more awkward looking with a tank than the IP.

5cardstud's set-up does look very attractive.

The VV device that replaced the IP is a SaberTouch VV. I think it looks nicer but that is all subjective. Clouds of vapor are meaningless, any mod will produce the same vapor if they are putting out the same voltage under load (and same hardware and juice of course). The Saber is large compared to the IP but it is my mod for at home. My away from home mod is the tough and tiny PrecisePlus 18350 (I also reviewed this mod). I also have Silver Bullet which is a cheaper mod, but also tough as nails. It is set up for dripping at 6V. All of these look esthetically pleasing with the hardware I use on them, especially the P+.

RPV_0048.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread