Indulgence- help pls, low TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0ob

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Romania
Hello,

my name is Levente. I have bought an Indulgence with all it's accessories some time ago and it's a beautiful product, but to be honest, I couldn't use most of it because for me the TH isn't strong enough. The high voltage part is awesome, VERY good TH and all, but the 3.7 volt batteries don't seem to be delivering the same TH as the normal 510 batteries for example. I also have the pass through and that gives a relatively low TH too. I use all 510 atomisers so the comparison is made with the same atty.

Is it me doing something wrong? I don't know much about electronics, but as far as I know the normal 510 batteries also run on 3.7 volts, so how come the thin, simple batteries deliver more TH than the big chunk of 3000 maH one for example?
I tried cleaning all the contacts, a friend suggested me that, he said that copper, if rusty doesn't channel electricity as well, but that didn't improve anything on standard voltage vaping. I also thought the batteries might be bad, but they do last for a couple days, so that isn't it either.
Can you guys please help me? I like my Indulgence a lot, but for now I can only use it for high voltage vaping, and resort to standard voltage on the slim, simple 510 set batteries.

PS: I don't have a multimeter (is that what it's called?) to measure the batteries, but 3 different types of batteries can't be bad, I'm sure. And what is the usb pass through supposed to be like? The 510 pass through works like a charm, but Indulgence pass through has a lower TH.

PSS: This is NOT meant to insult in ANY way Eastmall or it's representatives. The Indulgence is a wonderful product for it's price range. This is not a rant, I'm just simply trying to get some help and suggestions at what/how I'm doing something wrong or what can I do to improve it. Hope no one misunderstands my post.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hello,

my name is Levente. I have bought an Indulgence with all it's accessories some time ago and it's a beautiful product, but to be honest, I couldn't use most of it because for me the TH isn't strong enough. The high voltage part is awesome, VERY good TH and all, but the 3.7 volt batteries don't seem to be delivering the same TH as the normal 510 batteries for example. I also have the pass through and that gives a relatively low TH too. I use all 510 atomisers so the comparison is made with the same atty.

Is it me doing something wrong? I don't know much about electronics, but as far as I know the normal 510 batteries also run on 3.7 volts, so how come the thin, simple batteries deliver more TH than the big chunk of 3000 maH one for example?
I tried cleaning all the contacts, a friend suggested me that, he said that copper, if rusty doesn't channel electricity as well, but that didn't improve anything on standard voltage vaping. I also thought the batteries might be bad, but they do last for a couple days, so that isn't it either.
Can you guys please help me? I like my Indulgence a lot, but for now I can only use it for high voltage vaping, and resort to standard voltage on the slim, simple 510 set batteries.

PS: I don't have a multimeter (is that what it's called?) to measure the batteries, but 3 different types of batteries can't be bad, I'm sure. And what is the usb pass through supposed to be like? The 510 pass through works like a charm, but Indulgence pass through has a lower TH.

PSS: This is NOT meant to insult in ANY way Eastmall or it's representatives. The Indulgence is a wonderful product for it's price range. This is not a rant, I'm just simply trying to get some help and suggestions at what/how I'm doing something wrong or what can I do to improve it. Hope no one misunderstands my post.

no this is not misunderstood at all-

I understand what you are saying

I think maybe you could have a weak or defective button section - maybe ??

other users may be able to help with an opinion also-

but this is what it sounds like to me --

Please contact Customer Service

they may be able to help with an explanation for this issue-

and if not -

I am sure they will take care of it for you -----

Customer Service ----- on new website ---

www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

please follow the instruction there on the contact us page --

For any Order issues - Please include your order number in the subject line , your real name , your forum name and your tracking number (if you have one) and a simple brief explanation of your issue in the text. Customer Service will contact you within 24 hours from Chinese Time Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm. Please allow us to have the weekend rest. Thank you .

n0ob

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Romania
Thank you for your fast reply Di. I don't think the button section is defective, since it works very well with the high voltage batteries and body, and it works with the normal batteries as well, no misfire at all. It fires up every time i press the button.
Ok, let me ask in another way. Is the throathit with normal batteries supposed to be the same/weaker/stronger than the 510 ecig? If u take 1 510 ecig from the starter kit and vape along side with the Indulgence equipped with 510 atty and the standard battery, are the 2 supposed to be the same? Maybe I just got the wrong impression that they are supposed to be the same, because both 510 and indulgence batteries run on 3.7 volts.
PS: Vapor production is weaker as well on the standard battery compared to a simple 510 battery.
Can you guys please post some comparisons if you own both 510 ecigs and Indulgence?

PSS: (lol, i keep forgetting to type everything, hence the PSSSSSSS :p ) I've just talked to a friend about ordering some rivas and attys and 510 backup batteries. Will you be supplying 510 auto batteries? I never tried those, only had manuals till now, but it would be interesting to try one out. Or even automatic rivas, some of your competitors are offering them, but since I was buying from Eastmall until now, I wanted to ask you first. :)

PSSS: (this is getting ridiculous lol) Is the dpv5 510 cartomiser compatible with the 510 battery and the riva? Or do I need an adapter or the dpv5 battery?

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thank you for your fast reply Di. I don't think the button section is defective, since it works very well with the high voltage batteries and body, and it works with the normal batteries as well, no misfire at all. It fires up every time i press the button.
Ok, let me ask in another way. Is the throathit with normal batteries supposed to be the same/weaker/stronger than the 510 ecig? If u take 1 510 ecig from the starter kit and vape along side with the Indulgence equipped with 510 atty and the standard battery, are the 2 supposed to be the same? Maybe I just got the wrong impression that they are supposed to be the same, because both 510 and indulgence batteries run on 3.7 volts.
PS: Vapor production is weaker as well on the standard battery compared to a simple 510 battery.
Can you guys please post some comparisons if you own both 510 ecigs and Indulgence?

hahahaha -- levente ,

lets try again - lol -- hahahahaha

first of all throat hit has a lot more to do with the juice you are using-

but if you are using the same juice with 510 regular ecig and undulgence with 510 atty,
then there should not be much difference here

I do not understand what is happening here for you at all--

most of us get a really good production of vapor with indulgence, and a decent throat hit as well,

I use the indulgence passthru all day at my computer-
but I have it plugged into a self powered hub-
not into the computer

the usb of computer is not strong enough for the passthru
a self powered hub plugged directly into your ac power is much better with more power issued to the passthru

I cannot test for you with the 510 regular ecig-
I dont have any -

we can wait for another member to give us an opinion here please.

just a thought from one member had this problem before -----

look down inside of your battery cups,
are they clean - right down in the bottom,
if there is any factory residue (dirt) in there
try to scrape it with a sandpaper,
perhaps some dirt in the bottom of the cups is making a poor connection ------

also, make sure that your batteries are making a firm connection to the button section--

maybe just stretch your spring under the battery a little bit----

just a thought ----- :unsure:

n0ob

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Romania
Ohhhh, a self powered usb hub....I did not think of that. Actually, I didn't even know they existed until your post lol. Is the one featured on your website the one you are talking about? Also do I have to buy an ac power adapter for it, or does it include one? The picture shows the hub and an usb cable only.
I'll have to try that one out. Thank you.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Ohhhh, a self powered usb hub....I did not think of that. Actually, I didn't even know they existed until your post lol. Is the one featured on your website the one you are talking about? Also do I have to buy an ac power adapter for it, or does it include one? The picture shows the hub and an usb cable only.
I'll have to try that one out. Thank you.

the one on our website is a good one --

but yes it needs the ac cable to go with it -
I must talk to David about this-----

as some people do not have these type of cable
just laying around in their office.

there are many self powered usb hubs available from PC shops,
and on ebay also--

but absolutely it makes a world of difference to the vaping of the usb passthru.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thank you for all your help and fast replies Di. You really are a sweetheart. :wub:

yes, I am just toooooo gorgeous arn't I ?? hahahaha :angel: :rolleyes: :pervy: :pervy:

you are very welcome

we try to help as much as we can,

and all our members here are very helpful and kind also,
they will come and answer for you as well -

when they get out of bed - hahahahahaha :pervy:

we have a lot of fun in this forum,

but we do try to help as well ----- in between being totally silly -- :laugh:

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky

Heya, I had the same "problem" with the Indulgence. I'm pretty sure it's the material that the Indulgence is made from (Nickel plated). Copper allows electricity to "flow" better (thus the bigger hit I get from my Chuck). It is a great PV (Indulgence), and I love the options for different attys.

I wonder if we poke and prod Di and Rick enough, maybe they'll consider having the Indulgence manufactured completely from copper instead of the nickel plated? That would be a great "all-rounder" PV, and one I would DEFINITELY be willing to pay a bit more for :D

BTW, this is just my opinion, and is in NO WAY a shot at either EM (awesome vendor) OR the Indulgence (great PV), just mean (hopefully) as "educational".

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Heya, I had the same "problem" with the Indulgence. I'm pretty sure it's the material that the Indulgence is made from (Nickel plated). Copper allows electricity to "flow" better (thus the bigger hit I get from my Chuck). It is a great PV (Indulgence), and I love the options for different attys.

I wonder if we poke and prod Di and Rick enough, maybe they'll consider having the Indulgence manufactured completely from copper instead of the nickel plated? That would be a great "all-rounder" PV, and one I would DEFINITELY be willing to pay a bit more for :D

BTW, this is just my opinion, and is in NO WAY a shot at either EM (awesome vendor) OR the Indulgence (great PV), just mean (hopefully) as "educational".

It is taken in the spirit in which is is offered --

as a helpful suggestion, thank you

we always welcome your ideas and suggestions,

we can't always use them, or accomodate them all,

but we do appreciate that you offer your help.

I have passed this to David, we see what he says - hahaha :laugh:

n0ob

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Romania
Heya, I had the same "problem" with the Indulgence. I'm pretty sure it's the material that the Indulgence is made from (Nickel plated). Copper allows electricity to "flow" better (thus the bigger hit I get from my Chuck). It is a great PV (Indulgence), and I love the options for different attys. .

Do you think if I try and use sandpaper on the fittings and on the top and bottom of the interior , to sand off the nickel, would it have better conductivity? I wouldn't want to ruin the exterior, but it would not show if i just carefully sanded off the plating from the place where you screw the 2 body parts together. Or is the material under the nickel plating not conductive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread