RDA Included tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
Haha, so I have some a little ridiculous to admit. I have been using the tiny screwdrivers that come with the rdas. To build with this whole time. I keep having problems with my post screws untighting and get atomizer short messages. I ordered a better screw drive to take apart a broke mod. It came with a flathead bit. So I decided to use it to build with and come to find out I wasn't tightening my leads enough with those tiny screw drivers. What are some of the biggest mistakes you have made when starting out building?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My first builds were kanger stm rbas. Somehow I managed to squeeze a 2.5ish coil in that tiny thing and I absolutely loved them! Still have a stash of those but sadly no bottom fill tanks. It was definitely a journey to settle on a 2.5 rdl single coil atty of any type. Out of sheer laziness I also prefer top af. Will admit learning how to build multi coil decks was a great adventure. Getting a grip on wicking eluded me quite often. lol

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
My first builds were kanger stm rbas. Somehow I managed to squeeze a 2.5ish coil in that tiny thing and I absolutely loved them! Still have a stash of those but sadly no bottom fill tanks. It was definitely a journey to settle on a 2.5 rdl single coil atty of any type. Out of sheer laziness I also prefer top af. Will admit learning how to build multi coil decks was a great adventure. Getting a grip on wicking eluded me quite often. lol
Haha, I started out with a dual coil RTA and the wicking almost made me give up on building. I wicked it right the first time and then for the live of me I couldn't get it right again. I'd either get dry hits or a drink of ejuice. Lol I even went back and bought a sub ohm tank because I was.l so made. Then I bought a used nightmare 25 rda. A lot more forgiving to wick. That's what made me fall in love. After a couple month of using it. I can wick anything lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... What are some of the biggest mistakes you have made when starting out building?

Pushing a Coil down that was a Tad High with my Finger after doing a Dry Burn.

Only did it Once. But that was Enough to Never Do it Again.

LOL

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
Pushing a Coil down that was a Tad High with my Finger after doing a Dry Burn.

Only did it Once. But that was Enough to Never Do it Again.

LOL
Haha I've done the same thing. I had to dry burn the coil again to get my skin off it. Lmao

Last edited:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Once after a dry burn on a coil I brought it up to my lips to blow air over it for a cool down. I momentarily got distracted and burned my lip. :lol: Lesson quickly learned... pay attention when cooling a coil. :greengrin:
    LOL ..... Yeah I did the exact same thing......... I had the entire cap off of my first RDA and had been checking out my wicking.... Like the "air-head" that I am most of the time, I forgot to put the cap back on the deck and there was nothing but two coils competely exposed.... I took a hit and jammed the coils into my lips badly burned both lips.... Trust me, I never did that again LOL... I had a few too many beers that night and that may of helped lead to the carelessness. But then again, I am always an air head and so I have no excuse I suppose.

Reactions: Letitia

ducasse

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2020
    Drammen, Norway
    www.reddit.com
    LOL ..... Yeah I did the exact same thing......... I had the entire cap off of my first RDA and had been checking out my wicking.... Like the "air-head" that I am most of the time, I forgot to put the cap back on the deck and there was nothing but two coils competely exposed.... I took a hit and jammed the coils into my lips badly burned both lips.... Trust me, I never did that again LOL... I had a few too many beers that night and that may of helped lead to the carelessness. But then again, I am always an air head and so I have no excuse I suppose.
    LOL, sorry for laughing, but that's funny :)

Could you vape OK the rest of the night or was that not a concern? :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread