RDA RDA help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
So I got my first two RDAs today from a Facebook page around my area. The two that I got are a dark horse and a mutation v3 without a drip tip.

Well anyway, in my over zealous of checking everything out at home, I seem to have gotten my build deck stuck onto the sleeve with the airhole slots. And I seem to have the same thing happening with my mutation as well.

Second of all, any recommended builds to try on this when I get cotton tomorrow? These are my first RDAs and I haven't built before so simple would be better (regular duel coil?). I'm not sure what size screw drivers I have but I've got a regulated mod so I'll use it to check my ohms. I have 26g kanthal BTW.

Edit: I got my build decks off both of them. They were just on really snug. Still could use some some simple build ideas. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DergBerg

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Check out Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators they have a lot of good info and will help in calculating builds. It is VERY important to be familiar with Ohms law so definitely do a ton of research.

Also a lot of people recommend RipTrippers build videos, dude's not my favorite but his build videos are generally pretty spot on.

I'd start with building some 1 ohm single coils and get comfortable with those before jumping to more complicated/lower ohm builds. But seriously, learn Ohms Law it's suuuuuuuper important.

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
I've already looked into ohms law. I built a dual coil around an eye glass screwdriver right around .5 at 8 wraps with 26 gauge but when I went to wick I messed up my positioning on my build and I could already tell my wicking was too tight so I didn't even attempt to use it.

I wick snuggly ;) too loose and you will have dry hits despite full saturation. Too much, same story but even less useable.

My advice? Use enough so that the wick does not slide through the coil easily. If the coil is bent during wicking, that's too much cotton. Once you have your cotton in place, leave just enough so that each end touches the deck. With your attys, tuck each end of the wick so that they face each other at the bottom of the juice well. Make sure there is empty space below the coil. Presto, vape away!

Here is a pic for reference!

http://i.imgur.com/qusCWGu.jpg

Goodluck!

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
So I got my first working build in the dark horse. I just closed off one of the airflows and I'm running a single as per recommended by thepulver at 1.1 ohms. No ohm fluctuation or anything. The taste is still a little bit off although but i mayve wicked a little too tight still. I've read the dark horses weren't the best for flavor but I partially feel like it could be the cotton I'm using (just some cheapo organic cotton balls from cvs, I was impatient on waiting to learn to build and I heard they'd work until I got some better stuff). Heres a pic. Like I said it's not pretty but I'm still really new to this lol.

72692e66a1ea6c09c32e84a0a421596b.jpg

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
Okay one more update and I'm done for now. I'm vaping happily away on the dark horse now. Like I said I'm not sure what my screwdriver size was but I kept plucking away at it. I'm running a dual coil setup that i did 8 wraps with 26 gauge kanthal now right at .7 on my mvp 3 pro at 30.5 watts. Turning it up higher I start getting dry hits but right here its pretty nice. No more problems with a weird off taste like with the single coil. Here's a pic of my new attempt.

e6c22f8e11d49af1a6e173288f552c3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread