I'm switching to all removable glass tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal30

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Southwest Ohio
tanks like the Protank 1 where the glass is glued to the metal, I'm moving away from. I had a Puritank go bad with the glue dissolving causing it to leak and leave glue pulp in the juice. That tank eventually came apart. I also know of a few people that had that happen to a Protank.

I think Kanger made the glass removable and glue less for a reason on the Protank 2. I don't even want to know the glue the Chinese use.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I started using the protank because I didn't want to have to think about which juice was tank-eating and which wasn't. Liked the original protank; like the original protank mini better. Though I haven't had a problem with the glue, my tropical climate destroys most adhesives in short order, so it's only a matter of time. Just found out last night that Kanger is releasing the protank mini 2, hopefully later this month, so that's what I'll be ordering. Sounds like the best of all worlds! (Also I'll be able to use my beautiful drip tips! :))

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Ibtanked is the way to go

WP_000589.jpg

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
Yeah glue-free is how they need to keep it. Next they need to use stainless steel for the metal parts.

They could probably get away with using PP to cut costs on the pyrex (and they wouldn't be fragile), but they would need to isolate the heat. I wonder if the "head" was a little bit thicker, maybe it wouldn't heat up so fast. Shoot, where's the aerogel :D

PP+SS+glue-free would actually be ideal because we could drop it as many times as we want. Just needs to be designed right.

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
No, its better than a BCC

Pshhhhhh...

There's one difference and one difference only, the method of juice delivery to the coil. One uses a synthetic sponge, the other can use natural fibers as a wick. I'll choose the natural fibers over plastic any day.

A "burnt" or "dry" hit on your carto is literally smoking burning polyester (or whatever the hell it is). No thanks!

To each his own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread