Protank Leaking from Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
I've seen that sun-vapors has acknowledged this, but I digress...

One of my protanks is leaking from where the mouthpiece meets the glass.

All I want to do is fix it myself rather than return it.

Ergo I'm looking for recommendations for an easy-to-apply glue that will sufficiently stick to the glass and metal and create an air-tight seal that won't fail from heat. My assumption is this was caused by the hot weather, as it didn't start until this week when the weather really warmed up around here and my car was a furnace when I first entered it. I really don't care how crummy it'll wind up looking.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I've seen that sun-vapors has acknowledged this, but I digress...

One of my protanks is leaking from where the mouthpiece meets the glass.

All I want to do is fix it myself rather than return it.

Ergo I'm looking for recommendations for an easy-to-apply glue that will sufficiently stick to the glass and metal and create an air-tight seal that won't fail from heat. My assumption is this was caused by the hot weather, as it didn't start until this week when the weather really warmed up around here and my car was a furnace when I first entered it. I really don't care how crummy it'll wind up looking.

I posted this link about a problem that another person had similar to yours. I think he fixed his so you may want to contact him to see what he used. Here's the link:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-i-dont-know-if-i-can-post-4.html#post9496505

Good luck!

barbee865

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Yeah, the glue on mine failed a few minutes ago, mine on the bottom of the glass. i was thinking about trying to glue it back together but as of right now it's in my parts bin and i have another in a cart for my next order. if you do fix it let us know how it works.

I had a tube of glass epoxy. But, after looking at it it has warning labels all over it saying it's harmful if it gets on your hand or anything. If i can't get it on my hand i don't want it anywhere near my juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread