I'm Confused, is my math off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I was looking at Tasty Vapor's FAQ's today, and i'm a little confused at something I read there. Its was about the mixing of the high nicotine juice with the 0 nicotine juice. This is what it says.

If you start with 48 MG e-liquid
36 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
32 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
24 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
16 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts Doubler
12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler
9.6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts Doubler (mixing the whole bottles of each together)

The part I dont' undersand is the bottom line that reads
9.6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts Doubler (mixing the whole bottles of each together)

What i'm confused about is, if you take a 1oz. bottle of 48mg juice. And mix it with a 2oz. bottle of 0 nicotine juice wouldn't you have 3oz's of 16mg juice and NOT 3oz's of 9.6 mg juice?? If someone could enlighten me I sure would appreciate it! Unless they mean the 4oz. doubler and not the 2oz. doubler.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I think its the "bottles" that's messing you up. They are saying if you mix 1x of eliquid with 4x of doubler, you have diluted the nic to 20% (1/5th) of its original strength. (1/5 of 48mg=9.6mg) Just ignore the "bottles" part.

The 4oz bottle would be right 4:1 or 20% of original strength. A 2oz bottle would be 2:1 or 33% (or 16mg as you noted)

Last edited:

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
lol, ok thats what I was thinking. I think was confused me, and now makes sense. Is when they are saying mix the "whole" bottle together and mention the word "doubler" they are talking about the 4oz doubler and not the 2oz doubler. I didn't realize they called the 4oz a doubler too. Figured that woulda been a quadrupler ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread