Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I like the digicharger's 12V plug. I didn't think I would use it but it has come in handy. Charging during a camping trip was one time and another when we lost power from a storm. Charged in the truck.

I generally avoid USB charging that most mods have built in nowadays. I know it's safe but I've invested in higher end batts so I may as well take good care of them

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier
I been charging by on board usb ports but now that im looking at stocking up on things im thinking about this
BUNDLE: Nitecore UM10 USB Li-ion Battery Charger For 18650/18490/18350/17670/17500/16340/14500/10440
I have samsung inr 25r,is this a safe charger,please?
After my 6 battery non-Nitecore charger is done I sometimes but the batteries in my Nitecore 2 cell and charge them the rest of the way (0 to 8%). Love my Nitecore.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
FWIW, I have an ancient Nitecore i4 (still available via amazon.com) which is still charging like a champ. It's a "dumb" charger (only plugs into the wall, only has three lights to show relative charge, etc.). It's probably four years old at this point.

Like the D2 model being discussed, it also charges AA and AAA NiMH batteries, which is really handy for all the 97 or so remotes we have hanging around the house.

I'd be tempted to buy the D4 model (four bays, otherwise like the D2), but my old i4 would feel jilted. :cry:

Reactions: Hitmetwice

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hee hee, a bit of hyperbole on my part, Older!

But we do have lots of remotes scattered across many rooms and three floors. Where we can, we use LogiTech remotes to cut down on the clutter of remotes. But some of our stuff, like the ancient Carver receiver (pushing 40 years old), isn't recognized by any modern device. And some of it, like the legacy components in our main audio stack, was made before remotes had even been heard of.

Reactions: OlderNDirt
Hee hee, a bit of hyperbole on my part, Older!

But we do have lots of remotes scattered across many rooms and three floors. Where we can, we use LogiTech remotes to cut down on the clutter of remotes. But some of our stuff, like the ancient Carver receiver (pushing 40 years old), isn't recognized by any modern device. And some of it, like the legacy components in our main audio stack, was made before remotes had even been heard of.

Back in the day, wasn't the "remote" sending one of the kids over to the TV (with a pair of pliers to turn the shaft, since the knob was long gone), to change the channel?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Back in the day, wasn't the "remote" sending one of the kids over to the TV (with a pair of pliers to turn the shaft, since the knob was long gone), to change the channel?

Not us! We were well enough off that we had a small vise grip that just stayed there! :D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I been charging by on board usb ports but now that im looking at stocking up on things im thinking about this
BUNDLE: Nitecore UM10 USB Li-ion Battery Charger For 18650/18490/18350/17670/17500/16340/14500/10440
I have samsung inr 25r,is this a safe charger,please?

I'd look at the Xtar VC4 for $21.75 before buying the one you are looking at. It's a 4 bay charger that charges L-ion and also charges Li-Mn batteries. It also has a digital display that's switchable between pairs of bays. I like the speedometer style charging indicator. This one will be my next purchase. I have the Nitecore i4 and the Efest LUC 4, but this one will tell me more about the voltage level of married pairs of batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/XTAR-VC4-Lit...=UTF8&qid=1467493006&sr=8-2&keywords=xtar+vc4

41b0WW-cmDL._SX450_.jpg

712dd8kPKZL._SL1235_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread