identify this puppy (901 atty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Ok, Sometimes when I order a 901 atty from various vendors, I get something that seems to be a cross between a 901 and a 4075.

• Its not slightly thicker in diameter like the 4075 - the diameter is about the same as the 901
  • The bridge (wick?) is not pointy like the 901, its u shaped like the 4075 but it isnt as thick as the 4075.
  • Usually i get it when i order black
  • There is absolutely NOTHING stamped on the battery connection side.
Is this some sort of off brand, or a newer 901 design?

The reason I want to know is, these things have serious throat hit, and they last forever (months)

Any ideas?

CB

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Well, I'm totally nonplused by the performance of my first TW 901 atomizer (supposed to be an RN 4075, but maybe not - I don't see any markings on it). As someone used to decent atomizer performance lasting only about two weeks usually, my mind is blown that I started using this one back on October 2, and it is still as good as new. :w00t:

For comparison purposes, here is my data on how long three other 901 style atomizers lasted, (also supposedly RN 4075) since I started keeping track (and believe me, I had a number of early dying atomizers before that):

7/31/2009 to 9/2/2009
9/2/2009 to 9/11/2009 (not great from start)
9/11/2009 to 10/2/2009 (hard to start)
10/2/2009 to present (TW)

It may be a fluke, but I'm sure enjoying it nonetheless. :D

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well, I'm totally nonplused by the performance of my first TW 901 atomizer (supposed to be an RN 4075, but maybe not - I don't see any markings on it). As someone used to decent atomizer performance lasting only about two weeks usually, my mind is blown that I started using this one back on October 2, and it is still as good as new... :w00t:
Well I was led to believe that only the SLB 901's have markings. Do the RN's require their own carts or will the SLB 901's work? Gotta try some RN's.

Well, I'm totally nonplused by the performance of my first TW 901 atomizer (supposed to be an RN 4075, but maybe not - I don't see any markings on it). As someone used to decent atomizer performance lasting only about two weeks usually, my mind is blown that I started using this one back on October 2, and it is still as good as new. :w00t:

For comparison purposes, here is my data on how long three other 901 style atomizers lasted, (also supposedly RN 4075) since I started keeping track (and believe me, I had a number of early dying atomizers before that):

7/31/2009 to 9/2/2009
9/2/2009 to 9/11/2009 (not great from start)
9/11/2009 to 10/2/2009 (hard to start)
10/2/2009 to present (TW)

It may be a fluke, but I'm sure enjoying it nonetheless. :D
nonplused? What does this mean?

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
I just encountered the same problem but in reverse. I started vaping on a TW screwdriver and it came with two of the atties you are describing. They rock but figuring they don't last forever I ordered two more and got the high bridge 'pointy shielded' kind. Both have already lost most of their performance after one day use each, lame. Good thing I got two for the price of one. Not sure if they were standard low-bridge atties or what. On the hunt for a magnifying glass so I can read the miniscule writting.

cityboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Just as I thought...no info on who sells these "awesome" attys.

Why do you think im trying to figure out what it is :confused:

Before the FDA case was closed, I was stocking up and throwing them all into one place. Its not from RMV because those are always 901 originals.

It might be from dietsmokes, I ordered from them once and I think it might be from them, because the only other place I have ordered was mypvshop and those are 4075s.

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread