901 high bridge atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap6cat

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Connecticut,USA
I noticed recent packages of 901 atomizers all have a high bridge. This is from 3 different(reliable) suppliers. NONE of them seems to work, very wimpy, bad wet bitter taste, wimpy vapor, even in my screwdriver. Is it just me? I mentioned this on SD forum and the suggestion was to use 4075 atomizers and cartridges, so I ordered from Ryan.I will wait for them and see.
ALL of my low bridge units seem to work fine, I noticed this problem when ordering spares, because everything will eventually wear out. Anyone else have similar experiences or suggestion? Are thev 4075 atts and cartridges better? Most suppliers seem to think they are interchangeable, my earlier 901 attys were ALL low bridge and were fine.
Any help is appreciated!

David

esmkr209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have had the exact same experience with atomizers that you are having. IMHO the DSE series of atomizers SUCK! The RN atomizers run much hotter and produce a larger and more consistent amount of vapor. I use a manual switch usb passthru and if I remove the cartridge and look down the atomizer while pressing the button I notice the heating element of the RN atomizers glowing bright orange and nothing from the DSE ones.
LuckySevens4U recommends the atomizers from BestEcig-Newest Mini E-cigarette|E-cigarette|wholesale e-liquid they are neither DSE or RN series and claims they last longer.

Christina

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
US/Pennsylvania
twoaz1.com
The DSE atomizers with the higher bridge have SLB stamped on the connector ring on the battery side. I have found I prefer them (by far) because it sits lower into the filling... but only with the flat tipped mouthpieces. The slightly rounder mouthpieces (with the brown plastic insert) seem to work best with the RN atomizers for me.

Last edited:

MSF

Moved On
Mar 17, 2009
USA
  • MSF
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
From the various discussions I have read, the differences between the two are the bridge and the thickness of the wire used in the heating coil.

The DSE901 has the higher bridge which appears more pointed if you look down the barrel and the coil wire is thicker.

The RN4075 bridge appears rounded and the coil wire is thinner. Thinner wire means it will heat up faster and hotter, but that might not be a good thing if you're using a power source other than the original e-cig battery.

Personally I like using the DSE901 atty. The higher bridge I feel does a better job in wicking the juice from the cart and the thicker wire is better suited for the 4.6 - 5v vaping I do. Back when I originally got my DSE901 from Pure Smoker, it came with a RN4075 atomizer and that is what they sold for replacements. I now see with the Prodigy they're selling that the atomizers are the true DSE901s. I suspect that is due to the higher rated power source the Prodigy is using.

snap6cat

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Connecticut,USA
I have had the exact same experience with atomizers that you are having. IMHO the DSE series of atomizers SUCK! The RN atomizers run much hotter and produce a larger and more consistent amount of vapor. I use a manual switch usb passthru and if I remove the cartridge and look down the atomizer while pressing the button I notice the heating element of the RN atomizers glowing bright orange and nothing from the DSE ones.
LuckySevens4U recommends the atomizers from BestEcig-Newest Mini E-cigarette|E-cigarette|wholesale e-liquid they are neither DSE or RN series and claims they last longer.
Thanks for the input, unfortunately one of my bad batches of hi bridge 901s was from BestEcig. Today I received RN4075s from Ryan, they are lo-bridge and seem to be great. I also received 50 RN4075 cartridges (that is the only way they sell them) and absolutely cannot tell the difference between them and the 901s. They seem OK both in 901 and SD.

David

MustangDriver36

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tennessee
I recently ordered replacement Atty's and noticed they are longer than the ones I got with the kit.Not sure if this is what you mean but for me it deffinetly affected how much vapor and throat hit I'm getting.It was so much better with the original atty's that were just a tiny bit shorter.Now for the first time ever I've had to drip directly into the atty to get the vapor hit I want.Sucky sucky,anyone know why the change?

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
4075 on the left, 901 on the right.

atomizer-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread